• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Signs And Portents

Favorite recurring character: Season 2

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Ok, so, "Signs And Portents" is quite a big episode! Me likey!

So, the potatoes of this episode is Mr. Morden going about from ambassador to ambassador asking, "What do you want?" How out of the blue and weird of a thing to ask someone, eh? ;) The various reactions are great.

We also have a rather minor (in terms of reoccurance) story of the Eye. The important stuff of course is that it is stolen by some raiders backed by a Centauri seeking to seize power, but that a mysterious ship pops out of nowhere and blows them up after it's been stolen and it is recovered and returned to Londo via Morden. The beginning of a wonderful relationship! :devil:

And of course, we get the prophecy from Lady Ladira of B5 blowing up, which of course does come to happen, just not quite as we expected.

G'Kar and Londo's responses are magnificent. And we see Kosh fighting Shadows, for once. Wonderful fun.

And how's that for the first appearance of a Shadow ship?

Londo scheming, prophesy fulfilled (he will be killed by shadows) Morden, first sighting of a shadow ship. An A all the way!!!

It's a big episode and definitely gets an A, but it's marred a little for me by the raider captain, possibly the worst bit part performance by any actor in the whole history of B5. Maybe flying 2D space ships squashes your brain..

the whole kosh/shadow confrontation

'they are not for you'

utterly creepy, and Morden - what a slimeball.

and the Ladys' prophecy - 'The Shadows have come for Lord Kiro, The Shadows have come for us all'

amazing episode.

:D :D :D

It's a big episode and definitely gets an A, but it's marred a little for me by the raider captain, possibly the worst bit part performance by any actor in the whole history of B5. Maybe flying 2D space ships squashes your brain..

Worse even than Major Krantz of B4 infamy?

Must give A.....is there a higher score??? I mean COME ONNNNNNN......one of the best raider battles of the B5.....predictions......kosh and delenn, ......kosh and morden mixing it up!!!......a shadow capital ship says "Hi.".....sinclair's personal wheel(s) is started turning......and of course the standard prediction of doom upon this station .......you can't pack much more top shelf stuff into an episode. :eek: :)

The episode around which the show turns. I literally was left "WTF!" at the end, and determined that I would never miss another episode (I thought at the time that the Shadow ship was no big deal to the fans, because I had missed a coupla eps, until I talked with my business partner the next day). They don't get any more "A" than this one.

Really like this ep,but doesn't quite fit in my A list. B++.Morden is the best baddy EVER! I love the way he just seems to check all the ambassadors off on a mental list, and after he talks to Londo you can totally here him thinking "Bingo! He'll do veeeeery nicely. (insert quiet evil laugh here)" :devil: And JMS's way of winding don the story then hitting us with this massive great spider THING out of the blue is just brilliant! But can someone out there PLEASE tell me how they managed to blow the raiders to hell and then retrieve the Eye intact!?

But can someone out there PLEASE tell me how they managed to blow the raiders to hell and then retrieve the Eye intact!?
Simply. One of them got personally involved. We already know that Vorlons can move though walls, without leaving a hole... so why should Shadows not?

One simply boarded the ship... took the Eye (from the hands of some *rather surprised* Raider)... and left the ship before the Shadow vessel fired.

Or alternatively (because the box seemed a *little* bit charred) a Shadow was not personally available. The Shadow vessel simply "flipped" part of the Raider ship into hyperspace (for example the cubic meter around the box) and destroyed the rest.

Shadow weapons don't fry everything, either. Cut a big hole in the ship and if the Eye wasn't in that hole, it's safe with the rest of the space debris.

There also could have been a shadow agent in amongst the raiders.......in the time lapse of cutting away and before they are sliced and diced.....the shadow agent killed everyone in the room with the Eye, and departed the ship one way or another......ok, burn'em........but I suppose since it was charred, someone said, it was probably on board when the ship got dissected.......

Absolutely an excellent episode.The first time I saw it I didn't think that it would be so important for the whole story but after "Chrysalis" it was obvious that Morden is not just an ordinary guy.Londo's answer was exactly what the Shadows wanted to hear.We also see Lady Ladira's prophecy which in my opinion was refering to the possible future in "War Without End 1", showing a Shadow fleet destroying B5.It would be great if we could see the fight between Kosh and The Shadows and the damaged encounter suit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back