• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favourite B5 Character........and Why?

K

Kaz

Well this should hopefully get the ball rolling :D

So........who's your favourite B5 character and why?

Sheridan. Cos he's the ONE. He's the ONE who don't take no sheeet. He's the ONE who sorts everyONE out, including the first ONEs. The keystONE character. The ONE who makes a stand against anyONE dumb enough to be a d!ck infrtont of him pleb, psicop, firstONE alike. Double 'ard b'stard military genius who's the first ONE to bONE a bONEd alien. ;)

Also extremely well-acted that I don't think BB gets anywhere near enough recognition for (stuff like; for e.g. apparently he did the entirety of his interrogation episode in a single take according to JMS). I dunno. Convinced me throughout.

I would say Londo, because he is a tragic character.

He starts as a man who thinks his position is a joke, drinking and partying and gambling all nights long.
After meeting Mr. Morden he starts to get more influence and power. His power and Influence grow all the time. He knows on some levels that what he is doing is wrong, yet he continues in that path, towards darkness. Then a day comes when he must face the consequences of all his wrong choices, he and his entire world have to pay price for his bad choices. After many long and painful years, when he is near the end of his life. He will sacrifice himself for his ppl and by doing so he redeems himself.

*points to his screen name*

Also: G'Kar and Londo (can't have one without the other) and Sheridan.

I would say Londo, because he is a tragic character.

He starts as a man who thinks his position is a joke, drinking and partying and gambling all nights long.
After meeting Mr. Morden he starts to get more influence and power. His power and Influence grow all the time. He knows on some levels that what he is doing is wrong, yet he continues in that path, towards darkness. Then a day comes when he must face the consequences of all his wrong choices, he and his entire world have to pay price for his bad choices. After many long and painful years, when he is near the end of his life. He will sacrifice himself for his ppl and by doing so he redeems himself.

And it was such a captivating story. It was so difficult to watch Londo start down that road of bad choices. But you understand from the first season that it is his burning desire to restore the glory of the Centauri Republic that makes Morden's power irresistible to him. It's what makes Babylon 5 so good, the dynamic way the characters change throughout the whole series.

I really enjoyed the story of Marcus. I did not like him when he first appeared and did not realize I had grown to like him until after he was gone.

My favorite character would be Londo. I see so much of myself in him. His dreams and pain led him down the wrong path and sometimes in the real world we make those same choices, knowing they are wrong. But we deny what is painfully obvious because the pain has clouded our judgement at the time. All the wrong choices for the best of intentions.

The character I think we hope most we could be like would be G'kar. Noble, sincere, unselfish etc... He embodies all we want to be one day as an individual and as a human being.

dennis

Kosh, gotta be!

Great character. I love his cripticness and even a little creepiness! Kosh just has an aura about him, whether it's power or intruigue, or whatever. His dialogue, at least a dialogue for a Vorlon, is very well done and his voice is just fantastic! I feel it was a shame that the story between him and Lyta was never pushed any further. And I cried when he died...

And I like Marcus too. Not just because he's British and his sarcasm is spot on, but his character was just cool! Now I really cried when he gave is life to save Ivanova!

... is there a pattern here...

Well, I always use Sheridan avatars so I guess that says something. ;)

As for why...I guess it's because I like characters that are the center of the story and because I remember watching him on that old TV show Scarecrow and Mrs. King. We liked that show in our house. :D

I never saw Tron. :eek:

Seriously? it was great man.

totally dig marcus, love his progression, he started out looking for something to die for, then found something to live for, finally realising sometimes they go hand in hand.

Love him as Tron too. ;)

I've actualy got the novelisation of Tron... I once picked it up ata church book sale. It's a good read. It's not a particularly long book, but it expands on the religious overtones (users as gods, programs as mortals... Flynn being a user sent into the world of the programmes and sacrificing his existence in that realm to provide Tron with an opportunity to destroy the MCP) and philosophy of the relationship between man an computer.

Back on topic and I've always been fond of a triumvirate of characters - Sinclair, Kosh and Marcus. Though they never appeared together (although technically they do, as a piece of Kosh resides within sheridan during the events of War Without End).

I imagine if a scene was written for the three of them it might be quite an obscure one.

If you haven't see Tron, do so! It's puts existence into excellent perspective.

It's also pretty headfcuky to get used to a world of grey only to be returned to a world of colour at the end, or when you've finished watching the film. Makes you appreciate it. ;)

btw, you know Peter Jurasik is in this too?

Of course, but it's too easy to forget all about Grail... the typical kind of episode that allows many to lose patience with B5 before it's had a chance to shine. Should be deleted and replaced with a starscape and harmonious chords.

That is of course more than a little subjective. There are many who like elements of Grail.

I'm one of them for example.

Really? Some people like Grail? I'm curious, why?

It was spiritual true, the story was no better (worse) than your average Star Trek episode. For outsiders who are not "sad" enough to be into Sci-Fi, this just looks like a poor mans ST. Their problem I know, but it's also yours when WB don't the viewing figures they wanted...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back