• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Changeling News

I doubt it for next year since they're planning on starting to film later this year. The year after, maybe. Wouldn't that be cool?!

I dunno. If they start shooting by summer they could easily make a Christmas 2008 release. This doesn't sound like the kind of massive-FX script that would need many months of post-production. (For that matter, they're talking about releasing the next Trek film - which is precisely that kind of film - at around the same time and I'm not sure they even have a finished script for that one.)

Regards,

Joe

Clint has a reputation for moving fast - Million Dollar Baby, a classic "small" film, was shot in 37 days according to IMDB. It was also released around Xmas so as to be fresh in the Academy's minds, another favourite Eastwood gambit.

So if they start late Summer, don't rule out Oscar contention next year .... ;)

As the article does indicate it's being fast tracked.

Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds was fast tracked, and it was in theatres within 8 months I believe.

Re: Variety reports on "Changeling"

Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment are fast-tracking "The Changeling," with Clint Eastwood looking to direct and Angelina Jolie in talks to star.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo!

So, Jolie potentially will star in this flick, and jms is going to be doing the script for a movie version of World War Z, which is going to be produced by Brad Pitt's company, right? He's certainly making a TON of big connections over the past year (or so)!!

Clint has a reputation for moving fast - Million Dollar Baby, a classic "small" film, was shot in 37 days according to IMDB. It was also released around Xmas so as to be fresh in the Academy's minds, another favourite Eastwood gambit.

So if they start late Summer, don't rule out Oscar contention next year .... ;)

Not to mention he just cranked out two epic war films in the same year.

Re: Variety reports on "Changeling"

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo!

So, Jolie potentially will star in this flick, and jms is going to be doing the script for a movie version of World War Z, which is going to be produced by Brad Pitt's company, right? He's certainly making a TON of big connections over the past year (or so)!!
To say nothing of hanging out with Will Smith and George Clooney, among others (the former on the I Am Legend set; the latter in his Hollywood production office).

So yep...he's making some major-league connections now; I think we can expect some huge things from JMS, down the 'pike.

Last edited:
Sorry, for lack of details but when it was announced (on TV) that Angelina Jolie had adopted a boy they said she was scheduled to begin filming a movie in June - - somewhere in Europe.

An short Angelina interview from the MTV Movieblog, which pretty much confirms what JMS indicated in his last update regarding a likely start date of September/October 2007;

Angelina Jolie Can’t Wait To Go Toe-To-Toe with Clint Eastwood

Angelina Jolie may be on the verge of taking a year off from film, but before that happens she is positively giddy about one more upcoming role, calling her next shoot “an amazing chance to work with an amazing man, a hero of mine.”

“I’m looking forward to a film I get to do with Clint Eastwood. It’s so cool. And it’s a great script,” the Oscar winner told MTV News on the eve of the release of her latest drama, “A Mighty Heart.”

[......]

Jolie told MTV shooting on “The Changeling” is set to begin in Los Angeles in October. Knowing Eastwood it will probably wrap in late October.

From JMS on Usenet:

Any updates to be had on 'Changeling', btw? IIRC, shouldn't it be shooting in the next few months?

Shooting is likely to start in September. I'm supposed to meet with
Clint sometime this month go go over the script with the goal of
starting prep sometime in July. Angelina is still a go.

The news seems to be everywhere now, and Fox hasn't said anything
about NOT commenting on it so...yes, I'm writing the Silver Surfer
movie. (Have written, actually, being the more correct form...the
script has already been turned in.)

Overall, this has probably been the most extraordinary year of my
career. There's Changeling with Eastwood/Jolie/Howard slated for
2008...the Silver Surfer movie, which is going to be a big film, also
looking at 2008...They Marched into Sunlight with director Paul
(Bourne Ultimatum) Greengrass, based on a historical novel by a
Pulitizer prize winning author, for Tom Hanks' company, open date on
when it goes...World War Z for Brad Pitt's company, also potentially
2008...the King David script for Akiva Goldsman....just the company of
those names alone is astonishing. I am, as they say, in the tall
grass now.

And there are still at least two, and possibly three major
announcements yet to be made at Comic Con, which regardless of whether
one is a TV or movie fan, an SF fan or a comics fan...are gonna pin
people's ears back.

There isn't a day when I don't feel as though I woke up in somebody
else's life.

jms

And there are still at least two, and possibly three major
announcements yet to be made at Comic Con, which regardless of whether
one is a TV or movie fan, an SF fan or a comics fan...are gonna pin
people's ears back.

Does anybody have any idea about what are those two or three major announcements??

^^ No idea. But I'll be there to find out so I'll report back as soon as I can.

Jan

For those of you suffering from deja vu all over again, the information Marcelo posted is new to this thread, but actually went up on Usenet back on June 15th and I'm pretty sure it has been posted elsewhere on this site.

As far as I know nothing solid has leaked out concerning his other ComicCon announcements, but we're only a couple of weeks away so we'll know soon enough. :)

Regards,

Joe

You're quite welcome. As yet we don't know JMS's full schedule for Comic-Con but I generally make sure I attend everything except all the signings he does.

Jan

I think I read that she's doing this film in Prague, then 'Changeling' and then taking a year off to spend time with her family.

JMS's schedule is available now. The Lost Tales panel (with Doug Netter, Bruce, Tracy and Peter W.) is on Friday and his spotlight is on Saturday.

Jan

A few interesting tidbits from a Clint interview by EW recently

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/08/a-month-ago-pop.html

You're at work on The Changeling?
Yes. I'm preparing that right now, and we're starting that — let's see, we're almost in September. When we get to September, it'd be the next month, in October.

What's the movie about?
It's all based around a woman — her kid is missing, and when they bring the kid back, it's not HER kid. (laughs) And they sort of do a Gaslight-type thing on it. You remember Gaslight?

Ingrid Bergman. Great movie.
Ingrid Bergman at her loveliest. George Cukor, I believe, directed it. And it was Angela Lansbury at 18. And Charles Boyer. I remember liking it too. I always like those things where somebody screws with somebody's brain. And that's kind of what they do here. [It's about] how she works her way out of it. It's a very good script, and it's a terrific role for a woman. Angelina Jolie is gonna play her. She's actually been interested in the project for a long time, and then she came aboard. The rest of the casting is in process. I'm starting on it now and probably gonna cast it in the next week or two.

Ingrid Bergman? Interesting. One to watch out for on the TCM channel, I guess .... :)

Looks like JMS is up to his old tricks writing in strong women...given Clints comments about how its a very good role for a woman.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back