• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

General Questions

Crusader

Questions on the ISA???

1. Was it ever made clear what limits the power of the president, and are there term limits???
  2. Does anyone have a list of members, did all members of the league join???
  3. Does the head of the Anla'Shok now report to the president of the ISA or was this done due to Delenn and Sheridans relationship???
  4. Which Mibari city ws it that the ISA has its headquarters??? (cant find this anywhere, and i just lent my Season 5 DVD's to a friends so cant check)
Thanks all

Questions on the ISA???

1. Was it ever made clear what limits the power of the president, and are there term limits???
  2. Does anyone have a list of members, did all members of the league join???
  3. Does the head of the Anla'Shok now report to the president of the ISA or was this done due to Delenn and Sheridans relationship???
  4. Which Mibari city ws it that the ISA has its headquarters??? (cant find this anywhere, and i just lent my Season 5 DVD's to a friends so cant check)
Thanks all

1. The powers I'm not sure (The closest reference to that I recall is where Sheridan's authority on B5 started and Lochley's ended (IE: Sheridan dealt with the Political). I think no term limits, but, elections often, I believe
2. I think everyone joined
3. Sheridan was Entilzah, and Delenn was President of the Alliance when Sheridan died, and delenn offered Anlashok'Na to Susan, so I would say most likely yes, the head of the rangers reported to the Pres of the Alliance.
4. Was it Tuzinor, the Capital, that the ISA was headquartered in?

Last edited:
3. Yeah, I would say that the Rangers reported to the President. Though the Rangers started as a Minbari organization, humans started joining under the leadership of Sinclair, and then under Delenn even more alien races started having members join, as we're shown that includes Narn, Drazi, and pak'ma'ra. Since it's such an "international" organization, so to speak, I would think that it'd be under the authority of the President.

4. Tuzinor would be my guess too.

The ISN anchor states in Deconstruction of Falling Stars that the ISA will be based on B5 until permanent facilities have been constructed in Tuzanor ... or words to that effect, anyway.

Obviously that was ahead of time and plans can change, but there was no indication given in the show that there had been a change.

I've got a question, too: why is it always three question marks? If it were two, or four, or had an exclamation mark thrown in for variety, I wouldn't say a thing. But exactly three, every single time...

I'm not griping or even insulting, I'm just curious. Is it because three is sacred to the Minbari, perhaps?

I've got a question, too: why is it always three question marks? If it were two, or four, or had an exclamation mark thrown in for variety, I wouldn't say a thing. But exactly three, every single time...

I'm not griping or even insulting, I'm just curious. Is it because three is sacred to the Minbari, perhaps?

yes thats exactly why, just call me Valen:p

Because humans sometimes have a thing for threes? It's in some paganism with things like maiden/mother/crone, or in Christianity with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit. There's just a strange roundness that some people feel in the presence of threes.

4. Was it Tuzinor, the Capital, that the ISA was headquartered in?

Quick correction (we seem to be in nitpicky mode recently, so it's in keeping :) ) but the Capital of the Minbari Federation (as stated in To Dream in the City of Sorrows) is Yedor. Tuzanor (spelling :) ) was an ancient and somewhat holy city that was home to the traditional training centre of the Rangers, which is why it makes sense that the IA headquarters are established there eventually.

Tuzanor (spelling :) ) was an ancient and somewhat holy city that was home to the traditional training centre of the Rangers, which is why it makes sense that the IA headquarters are established there eventually.

In the scripts it's spelled "Tuzenor". ;) Yes, the ISA headquarters did end up there. Though I don't recall it being stated in dialogue, it's mentioned several places in the script descriptions of shots (EXT. TUZENOR - MORNING - SHERIDAN'S POV).

Jan

Yes, the ISA headquarters did end up there. Though I don't recall it being stated in dialogue...

I believe it was mentioned at the end of an ISN news report. I believe it was in one of the last three episodes of season four and was the 1st or 2nd time we once again saw Maggie Egan as ISN newscaster Jane. She was the one who used to report the news before ISN was manipulated by Clark.

I definitely remember hearing the word Tuzenor from Jane, on screen. It may have been during Rising Star. For some reason, I thought it was in Deconstruction of Falling Stars, but Maggie Egan is not credited for that episode at IMDb.com. However, I thought for sure Tuzenor was mentioned in the same report as the news of Sheridan & Delenn's wedding, and I think that was in Deconstruction.

Quick correction (we seem to be in nitpicky mode recently, so it's in keeping :) ) but the Capital of the Minbari Federation (as stated in To Dream in the City of Sorrows) is Yedor. Tuzanor (spelling :) ) was an ancient and somewhat holy city that was home to the traditional training centre of the Rangers, which is why it makes sense that the IA headquarters are established there eventually.

Thank you, I knew I was pushing my luck, adding that "the capital" part, LOL.

Jan, really Tuzenor? I coulda swore I read it with an "I" in one the books. I really need to learn where to put the darned apostrophes in Minbari words/phrases too. :D

I believe it was mentioned at the end of an ISN news report.

Oops, I wasn't clear at all. Yes, it was definitely mentioned by Jane that they planned to build the new ISA headquarters in Tuzenor. GH mentioned:

Obviously that was ahead of time and plans can change, but there was no indication given in the show that there had been a change.
which is why I said it hadn't been mentioned in dialogue, meaning that the location wasn't mentioned during/after the move.

Jan

Thank you, I knew I was pushing my luck, adding that "the capital" part, LOL.
I could almost hear it as I read it, though, so I understand the mistake.

Jan, really Tuzenor? I coulda swore I read it with an "I" in one the books. I really need to learn where to put the darned apostrophes in Minbari words/phrases too. :D

Honest, that's exactly how it was spelled in the scripts. But then...place name spellings change all the time here on Earth, too. It's a translation thing, I'm sure. ;)

Jan

Ok thanks for the multiple replys, new question about B5:TLT. I just watched it again (i think its awesome) and decided to watch the special features, whats with JMS' obsesion with the sock puppets, anyone????

(yeah i went with four question marks just to be different lol):p

Latest posts

Members online

Back