B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 4th 21, 07:32   #71
Kyehlar
First One

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
That could be very interesting. I wonder if they'll keep/use Bester.
The thing that I felt helped Bester work, was that Walter Koenig was so beloved as Chekov in Star Trek... and then he was a detestable little troll in B5 (YMMV). So whoever they get to play Bester in the new B5, they would have to be someone people would be all "Oh it's them! I love them in such and such..." Just before they do something to shatter their perceptions.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th 21, 12:21   #72
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyehlar View Post

An excellent point. Perhaps that was in context to continuation rather than reboot. I don't know if you could tell the Babylon story without Londo and G'Kar unless you change the character's names and keep the core elements in place.
Wild speculation on my part, but I kinda expect a lot of new characters that occupy the same kind of thematic roles as the existing show. So, the trajectory of say 'Londo' is roughly the same but it's 'Kronkulon, the Centauri Ambassador' or whatever, this time around.
Just wild guessing here, but wouldn't it be awesome if this time an other race would get the centauri arc? So JMS would keep fans guessing as to what goes on in this timeline?
Oh yes, now that would be an interesting switch up! There really is a LOT of scope for tinkering and making it something distinct from the original show. JMS has made it abundantly clear it will be different. It's weird seeing fans argue about actors and using old story lines. If I see 'do the Dilgar war' one more time I may scream...

That said, I would love to see more depth to the Telepath war / telepath arc, if it does indeed feature in this new iteration.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th 21, 15:06   #73
Bester
First One

One thing that has me concerned. CW shows are only available in the US. But a large part of the B5 fanbase resides in the UK and other European territories. Does this make CW a poor choice for the revival?
Old October 4th 21, 17:33   #74
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
One thing that has me concerned. CW shows are only available in the US. But a large part of the B5 fanbase resides in the UK and other European territories. Does this make CW a poor choice for the revival?
They're the one who asked for it. So it was the only choice. And I don't know it personally but I understand that lots of things migrate over to HBO Max from the CW.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th 21, 19:08   #75
Bester
First One

Unfortunately, HBO Max is not available in the UK either. I'm just concerned that the show's chances of a long and fruitful life may be negatively affected if it is not made available in the UK market.

I appreciate that the CW approached JMS. But who's to say that he didn't or wouldn't get other offers following the recent success of B5 on Amazon/iTunes/HBO?
Old October 4th 21, 21:58   #76
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
Unfortunately, HBO Max is not available in the UK either. I'm just concerned that the show's chances of a long and fruitful life may be negatively affected if it is not made available in the UK market.

I appreciate that the CW approached JMS. But who's to say that he didn't or wouldn't get other offers following the recent success of B5 on Amazon/iTunes/HBO?

Pretty sure I've seen CW shows on Netflix UK in the past. Plus, with a VPN, no issues. It's what I do these days.

In fact yes, the Sabrina reboot and Arrow are both on Netflix UK.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th 21, 05:13   #77
hypatia
First One

It's kind of infuriating that in this day we still have "Regions". It's getting in the way of our access to entertainment, and people willing to pay. I wanted to watch the film "Oldboy" but it's not available in my area.

Is this what NordVPN can help with? Am I allowed to ask that question, here?
Old October 5th 21, 05:15   #78
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxchild View Post
Anybody else hoping the Crusade storyline gets incorporated into this?
I'd love to see that, but I think isn't the direction they are going. And will we ever get the story of the Telepath War?
Old October 5th 21, 06:57   #79
Bester
First One

I have a VPN and it works pretty well with Netflix. But it's very hit-and-miss with other streaming services.
Old October 5th 21, 07:41   #80
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
It's kind of infuriating that in this day we still have "Regions".
Yes, it's really infuriating! No wonder people turn to VPNs and Piracy: Here we are, willing to pay for a certain content, only to be told "I'm sorry, we only can take your money if you're in the right area of the world." The CW Homepage does not even load at all here, it just tells me, that It'S only available in the US.
On Amazon prime I wanted to buy an episode of Columbo. The local Site did not have all episodes, so i figured: doesn't matter, I just buy it from the US site. Yeah, no way: I can only by it, if my IP and my credit card are US based.

That's so stupid for both sides!
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote