B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 29th 21, 09:36   #51
Moonface
Ranger

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

I'm really excited about this!

I think we can't loose here at all!

If the new show is good: we win!

If it bad: who cares? WB lost money, and we won't see any other B5 content being made for TV. Well, we got that for the last 25 years and it didn't lessen our love for B5, so what?

If it is in between (say: catering too much to a specific, probably young, audience, who love it, but "we" hate it): So what? we still have the old show, the new show shall have it's fanbase and the influx in interest might finally get us that bluray edition of the original show.

I only see a win-nothing new-win here.

If we're really lucky it's a reboot like snowpiercer. I liked snowpiercer (the movie) and I loved the new show, so I say: let's keep it coming!
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 21, 10:19   #52
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Interesting thread here, I think Springer is on the money, reboots are a creatively bankrupt concept and need something special to work.

It's so good to see all the old names!!!

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 21, 14:46   #53
vorlonlovechild
Commander

must admit haven't been on here for a very very long time.

as far as the reboot is concerned, I'm not sure it will work unless JMS sticks to the major story beats.
Old September 29th 21, 18:31   #54
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Totally off topic, but UK represent ... I just realised there are a LOT of fans from the UK here.

P.S. I have no idea what that emoji is but it looks like a thumbs up?
It's a Bolian from Star Trek giving the thumbs up. Think of Mr. Mot, the barber on the TNG Enterprise.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 21, 20:20   #55
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
I'm afraid that won't happen. JMS stated, that he will refrain from using characters who's actors are no more. And given how the B5 curse did manifest itself in the end, there're not many left...
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 21, 20:52   #56
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Quote:
I'm afraid that won't happen. JMS stated, that he will refrain from using characters who's actors are no more. And given how the B5 curse did manifest itself in the end, there're not many left...
He's only made the definite statement about not using G'Kar. And given how very many have passed, I'm perfectly happy if he changes his mind.

As for the 'B5 curse', that's for the weak-brained. No such thing.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 21, 21:49   #57
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Quote:
I think they were referring to how many people have come out of the woodwork to share in the B5 merriment.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st 21, 02:49   #58
Sinclair

Strangely enough I heard this news at a bar on Monday from a guy sitting next to me that I hadn't even spoken a word to. Naturally I came here to read everyone's thoughts. It's been great to see many old names and faces reappear.

I'm excited about this. I know it will never be the original, but hopefully this will revive the franchise in a new way. It'll also renew interest to a newer audience and may cause them to go watch everything we've all come to know and love for so long. I am concerned about it being on CW as I can't think of anything I've ever watched on it.
Old October 1st 21, 03:25   #59
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I am concerned about it being on CW as I can't think of anything I've ever watched on it.
I really liked the first two seasons of Arrow, the first two or three seasons of The Flash, and the first two seasons of Legends of Tomorrow. Though they were all three superhero shows, they each had different tonal qualities. Because the network has had so many superhero shows, I think that suggests the network is very sci-fi friendly.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st 21, 10:23   #60
Psi Cop
Ranger

Send a message via Skype™ to Psi Cop

If it has a Psi Cop as cool as Bester I will be happy