• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Two new castmembers revealed

Just some notes on this info, which can be considered official now.

Dylan Neal worked in the Captain Power series which just so happened to be executive produced by none other than JMS.

Alex Zahara has quite a number of genre credits, which seems to indicate he knows what he's doing in SF.

Both leads look very promising... I'm anxiously awaiting the first official announcements from Legendary Productions. (Looks like they're not going back to the Babylonian Productions name.)

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

It's deputy Doug Witter from Dawson's Creek! (Dylan Neal) http://members.dencity.com/paceyandjoey/castshots/gallery/dn/doug9.jpg

Well, I guess he's a good actor. And young enough, 31. I guess he would be David, so Andrew Jackson seems to be out of the picture?

Never heard of Alex Zahara, though he seems to have made appearances in a lot of sci-fi shows (Stargate, The Outer Limits etc.). I've probably seen him on some of those, but can't connect a face with the name. Couldn't find any picture of him on the web either, except for some pics from Dark Angel, I think this is him: http://www.darkangelfan.com/images/screencaps/eptwelve/112-068.JPG

He's probably in his late 20s, early 30s, since his earliest IMDB entry is from 1998.

------------------
vakie

[This message has been edited by vakie (edited May 09, 2001).]

Alex Zahara:
Various Stargate characters.
In Dark Angel he played Johanssen - "Commanding officer of the Red Series soldiers bent on capturing Max for her DNA. Johanssen was killed by one of his own men after revealing he never really had any interest in helping them." - www.darkangeltv.com
In Andromeda he played Hanno - "Believes himself to be a freedom fighter against the Drago-Kazov, setting up blockades and keeping the tributes from getting to the Niets." - Lady Maigrey's Encyclopaedia

------------------
"Our ratings in the UK are just fine. It's just the English sci-fi press, or what passes for it, that hates us. And screw them anyway." - Zack Stenz, Andromeda staff writer

Although both the actors did their acting training in Canada they both seem to have appeared primarily in US productions. JMS always has the final say in cast members so if he okayed them then I think they'll fill the bill.

Does anyone know which character was played in Captain Power? It's still running here so I could take a look at it.

------------------

The IMDB entry for Dylan Neal says he played the young Jonathan Power in the two parter "A Summoning of Thunder" (written by jms). http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6213/episodes/thunder1.html
I guess he was about 18 at the time. Now he'll be working with jms again, 13 years later.
wink.gif

------------------
vakie

[This message has been edited by vakie (edited May 09, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Although both the actors did their acting training in Canada they both seem to have appeared primarily in US productions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Shows produced in Canada for the US. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Does anyone know which character was played in Captain Power?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He played a younger Captain Power in the flashbacks in "A Summoning of Thunder" part 1 and 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WombatControl:
JDylan Neal worked in the Captain Power series which just so happened to be executive produced by none other than JMS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, jms was story editor on Captain Power, although he did develop the storyline and write nearly half the episodes.

I recognize Alex Zahara. I must have seen him on Dark Angel, anyway I recall him being rather good.

------------------

Attention Vakie:
Dylan Neal was born in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada, just north of Toronto on October 8th., 1969.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by WombatControl:
JDylan Neal worked in the Captain Power series which just so happened to be executive produced by none other than JMS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, jms was story editor on Captain Power, although he did develop the storyline and write nearly half the episodes.

I stand corrected. B5 producers John Copeland and B5/Crusade/Rangers producer Douglas Netter were both producers of Captain Power though. Also working on that series were Ron Thornton (B5 Season 1-3 FX wizard and B5 designer), Production Designer John Iacovelli and a whole host of others who later worked on B5...

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back