• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

babylon 5

More of a curosity post on my part than anything .With a tv show over for years and all of the eps known by heart at least by those like me who have been on this board for a while .Why do you still come here ?

To exchange ideas, maybe get a new perspective on some things and to argue on something with somebody ;). And since our community isn't dead... why shouldn't we come back here. I like it here.

To exchange ideas, maybe get a new perspective on some things and to argue on something with somebody ;). And since our community isn't dead... why shouldn't we come back here. I like it here.

The possibility of more B5 has kept me here. Hopefully JMS, since he owns the film rights, can make a new deal. I'm more hopeful than I would be if he didn't have the rights.

Tammy

PS--I probably *would* leave if there wasn't any hope, but not for the reason you might think. I have gone through depression & I used to get too emotionally involved in lost causes. Since I was treated, I have decided that I can't do that anymore. It's nothing personal against B5 or anyone here.

I am not referring to TMOS .Of course this board isn't dead far from it . I come here to see new ideas on old isssues whether related to B5 or not.

Pretty much because I have gotten to know several people here, and I enjoy posting/talking with them. Its still a fun place to visit.

Has nothing to do with current or possible B5 projects.

I'm with Recoil here, this place would be pretty boring we didn't have off-topic sectons.

Well, there's still a few things that we notice about the show, and new ways of looking at it still.

Why do we use the Off-topic sections?

* When we discuss other issues, I think other B5 fans are more thoughful than those on totally open forums. Higher Signal-to-noise ratio.
* We've gotten to know each other discussing B5, and enjoying each other's company so much that we talk about other stuff as well.
* Babble-on is something uniquely insane.

Well, I post here partly because it's a cool place to visit. :D I spend a lot of time at computer message boards, and this is one of my favs long with my board and Kribu's. ;) I've made all kinds of friends from all over the world at the boards, and coming here is a way to interact with them.

Oh, and if we talk about B5, that's not a bad thing. :D

Well, I think the answer is pretty simple. We're all super big, dorky geeks that LOVE to talk to someone about Babylon 5. Unfortunately, we probably only have a few friends and maybe one or two family members that understand this glorious love affair we've had with this amazing show, so.... we have to find fellow B-philes online. It's like a drug. A wonderful, sparklie, space-filled and uber drug that we can't get enough of.

Also, I honestly think that anyone who takes the time to post on a board like this about Babylon 5 has some pretty DURN good TASTE in storyline, acting and all-over entertainment. Rare birds like us are hard to find :)

Pretty much because I have gotten to know several people here, and I enjoy posting/talking with them. Its still a fun place to visit.

Has nothing to do with current or possible B5 projects.

Ditto.

Some people keep on-line journals or diaries. I use this place to argue, sound off, and ramble. It's therepauetic.

To fill in downtime at work, but also to get involved in some of the best discussions i've yet found on the 'net.

Most of my mates and my partner are not into sci-fi, so I relish the oportunity to chat to my fellow geeks...

And to check out ladies.

I come because I'm Scottish, and over here B5 fans are rarer than Quantium 4, so this is a place where people know what the heck I'm talking about! We share the in-jokes (woo-hoo?) and celebrate a uniquely breathtaking show. And yes, it is a drug. I continually watch the DVD's in rotation! :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back