• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Inception

Caution - Spoiler Alert

At the very last scene of the movie a collecive sound went up from the audience - - -

OH - - !!! - - ???

^
I still loved it regardless, plus based on other evidence in the movie, my mind is at ease. The EFX are great; loved the sound; interesting actors; beautiful photography; I was gripped for all 2 1/2 hours.

Yes, I like it too but feel that I need to see it again to really understand some of the plot. Fortunately, I have family who were able to help me, afterwards, when I asked - "Who was that guy?" or "Was a particular scene reality or a dreem.?" or "How could you tell who was who in the snow scene with all those men in white?" : )

I was entertained and enjoyed it... but I have to admit I saw the end coming a mile off. The first scene that Michael Caine appeared in... and the train ploughing through the city (especially when we see the relevance of the latter to Leo's character), were extremely big suggestions that Leo's subconscious was trying to tell him something that he was missing.

One question I have... how did Leo's character and the chinese fella come out of the fourth level of subconsciousness... given that they didn't have a kick and the gun would have just sent them into a deeper level of subconsciousness because of the sedation?

In general: Worth seeing.

Just got back from watching it in Imax ... wow, that was a great movie. Sure, there where holes in some of the events, but overall. Liked how it was about the story and not the action; was worried from the trailers and all it was all about the action (though the action they had was great)

Possible Spoilers below:

The end ... yes, heard the collective sigh, the one "What the hell?!?!" yelled out ... and than applause. Think that shows how good of a movie and how much it brought you into the story.

Overall, great characters that you get engrossed with, and with the plot / ending. Truthfully, I didn't see it coming, just because of its simplicity, and I think that is why I enjoyed it so much. During it, I was worried it was going to have some twist ... like so many movies do (ie. they are inside a dream, or they will get stuck in one at one point etc ... ) , instead, it is a mystery getting unfolded in layers and a story of the main characters path of acceptance over what had happened.

Watching it Imax, noticed it looked entirely filmed in the imax format, which was nice to see. (versus the Dark Knight which was only key scenes)

Now, curious to know if this movie is going to screw with my dreams!

Back