• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The theme!

Sanfam

Horray! The theme! It it a very well known one among the "Into the Fire" community at firstones.com. Much of it was intended to be used in our game. *sob*
*recover*

Well, lets hope for the best! Back to the show.

------------------
Never trust a Vorlon with a key.

Indeed!

I noticed it right away! I'm so glad Franke was able to use it!
cool.gif

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

I *think* it was A, but I don't have time to check, so...

------------------

I thought the theme sounded familiar.
smile.gif

Franke did some interesting things with this one, outside his "B5 style." It worked well.

Would've liked to hear the end credit music, but SciFi squished the credits. Not entirely unexpected, but still...
frown.gif

Anyone know if we'll get a CD of TLADIS?

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

I loved Franke's score for Rangers. I also noticed that he was trying some things that were different. I wouldn't mind having a Rangers CD of the music myself.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Oh yeah, I noticed they snuck the B5 theme music in there at the end. That was cool. All in all, I thought Franke's music for the movie would be better than it was, but it was still good. It almost seemed a bit like Chen's a couple of times.
lol.gif
Other than that, I think it was pretty good. If they release the soundtrack on CD, I wouldn't mind ordering it.
smile.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

May I suggest that like-minded individuals head on down to

Sonic Images

and go to "Company Info" for a list of e-mail addresses.

Maybe if we ask them real nice...

"Dear Mister Franke:
I have spent way too much on Babylon 5 soundtracks. Would you like more of my money? If so, please release Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers- TLADIS.
That is all."

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

I thought the music was different, but it still was great.

There was one weird part where Dulann was walking around, though.

------------------

it was indeed battle track A
smile.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

Loved the theme. Def. one of the best parts of the movie.

Good job Franke. Like usual. Good thing they threw away Chen from Crusade....ughhhh he was terrrrrrible.

------------------
"And that, Mollari, is why it will not be your people, or mine, or the Gaim, or the Drazi or the Vorlons or the Shadows who in the end will stand astride the galaxy like giants. It will be the humans."
"I think you are the one who is mad, G'kar," Londo said. "I can choose just as well as the humans. I can choose to stay in this cell, with you, or I can choose to leave."
"Yes, but can you choose for there not to be a cell at all?"
"I don't understand," Londo said.
"Exactly," G'kar said. "Exactly."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
There was one weird part where Dulann was walking around, though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw, I liked that Franke was experimenting. It is a new movie (hopefully series) in the B5 universe. It requires a new sound but one that is also familiar.

It took me a little longer to get used to Chen's music but again I liked it because it was different and new. I think that if he had been given a chance to grow with Crusade, he could have been as popular as Franke is now with B5.

PS: So many threads, so little time.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
There is nothing to fear in the dreaming, only that which we bring with us. --Dukhat

Lyta--I meant weird in a good way.
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emfeeli:
Good job Franke. Like usual. Good thing they threw away Chen from Crusade....ughhhh he was terrrrrrible.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked Crusade's music. More than that of B5, even though Franke's not bad either.
tongue.gif

I suppose that music, more than anything, is so individual... it's impossible to write a score that would please everyone, anyway, so a bit of experimentation every now and then can only do good.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

I second Kribu on this!

Go listen to the Crusade theme...there lies a shining Chen moment.

------------------

Hey, Evan Chen is still better than Fricken Rod Stewart over on Enterprise...
shocked.gif

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

Am I the only one who likes the Enterprise theme?
*stones are hurled, tomatoes are flung*

yea I guess so.

Phil

Sticking by that Chen's music was just not kosher.

------------------
"And that, Mollari, is why it will not be your people, or mine, or the Gaim, or the Drazi or the Vorlons or the Shadows who in the end will stand astride the galaxy like giants. It will be the humans."
"I think you are the one who is mad, G'kar," Londo said. "I can choose just as well as the humans. I can choose to stay in this cell, with you, or I can choose to leave."
"Yes, but can you choose for there not to be a cell at all?"
"I don't understand," Londo said.
"Exactly," G'kar said. "Exactly."

I always thought that Chen was treated quite badly by some B5 fans when it was obviously a great innovating theme tune.
The whole series was pretty good - I still find myself thinking about that Apocolypse Box.

------------------
'I plan to live forever, or die trying' - Villa Blake's 7

No offence to Chen or anything but I found his music horrible (note how I say one thing, do another... bah). It was clunky, intruded way too much into the dialogue (sometimes you couldn't hear what they said), those 'mute' scenes just do NOT work with his music... I can hear freggin cocanuts in the background. Surely he has a budget that exceeds Monty python.

Very boring most of the time, it really ruined the pace of scenes of fast action and theres Chen in the background with cocanuts and jamaican drums. Then there is the scene with Galen ripping his heart out over Isabelle at the well of forever, with Chen using a didjeridu or w/e in the background. *ugh* And no I did not have a problem with Frankes music S1 as 'some' people tend to assume.
wink.gif

I loved Crusade, I can only imagine how much more I'd like it with Franke or someone with some sense. By sense I mean someone who wouldn't consider using techno at a funeral.
tongue.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

Back