• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Yoda was originally Buffy

vacantlook

Super Moderator
There's some new behind-the-scenes making-of book about The Empire Strikes Back coming out, and according to this review of the book, in George Lucas's earliest notes about the film, Yoda was named Buffy.

Yoda was originally named Buffy. No, really. In George Lucas' earliest outlines for the sequel, Luke meets a supernatural entity named Buffy, or Bunden Debannen. Here's how Lucas described it:

Buffy very old — three or four thousand years. Kiber crystal in sword? Buffy shows Luke? Buffy the guardian. 'Feel not think.'"​

And Lucas concludes by saying Luke will become the chosen one, "the human Buffy." In later drafts, he thought of Yoda as a kind of small frog, and Yoda had a full name: Minch Yoda. In the earliest script draft, Minch has the immortal line: "Skywalker. Skywalker. And why do you come to walk my sky, with the sword of a Jedi knight? ... I remember another Skywalker."

I just hope for Star Wars in 3D Lucas doesn't go back and revert Yoda to Buffy as he originally had ... granted, he has already done enough on the original series it wouldn't surprise me.

:)

lol on the Buffy the Storm Troopper Slayer ... I think that needs to be a tshirt!

S.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back