B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Which avatar?
A -- Excellent 3 12.00%
B -- Good 19 76.00%
C -- Average 3 12.00%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 3rd 18, 12:21   #31
Karajorma
Commander

Re: EpDis: There All The Honor Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
Prior to this episode I think we only learned about two other clans, both Warrior Caste ones: the Star Riders and the Wind Swords. Presumably Religious Caste clans are a bit different. I'd love to know more!

What's strange is that Lavell is described as being Warrior Caste and yet is also of the Third Fane of Chudomo.

Which makes me wonder, Delenn tells Neroon in Legacies that being religious caste by mother takes precidence over having a father who is warrior caste.Could it be that warrior caste are keeping their clans pure by not marrying religious caste women? If so there might not be any religious caste clans.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd 18, 16:36   #32
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: There All The Honor Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post

What's strange is that Lavell is described as being Warrior Caste and yet is also of the Third Fane of Chudomo.

Which makes me wonder, Delenn tells Neroon in Legacies that being religious caste by mother takes precidence over having a father who is warrior caste.Could it be that warrior caste are keeping their clans pure by not marrying religious caste women? If so there might not be any religious caste clans.
You're right! I totally forgot that Levell is Warrior Caste. Even more questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
i

Yes so many questions. I will address thoughts on the gift shop. I think the key reason the JS teddy bear was offensive to Sheridan is the same reason the figure was offensive to Londo, it undermines their position of authority. Much of this episode deals with keeping up appearances right down to the plot against Sheridan. Keeping up appearances would be crucial to people dealing in diplomacy. Something viewed as a toy based on the image or likeness of someone trying to project an image of authority and power would naturally be met with a negative reaction. How can you take a military governor seriously when you are holding the teddy bear version of that military governor?
Well sure. I could see that. But, it doesn't actually look like him at all, and it's not supposed to! It's supposed to look like a teddy bear! It doesn't even have an Earthforce uniform, and it's not labeled as "Captain." It's just a bear in a baseball shirt with his initials. I understand that there are real world reasons for that rather than in-universe ones (as per the Lurker's Guide ), which also explain why the baseball shirt looks suspiciously late 20th century-ish (not that I know anything about the evolution of baseball uniforms!). It doesn't seem nearly as offensive as say, having a collection of masks in there so customers can dress up as other races, because .. yikes!