B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 25th 22, 10:23   #1
Springer
Telepath

Reaction videos

For the past few months I've been watching Medusa Cascade's B5 reaction videos. I don't usually watch reaction vids, but Medusa Cascade's are really good you can see her become increasingly emotionally involved in the show as she gets deeper into it, and to see the joy of someone discovering the show for the first time, and being so honest in her reactions, is something special. She's in the middle of season 3 at the moment on YouTube (I believe she has a Patreon account and is further ahead on there), and her videos are really worth watching. Here's the video for Interludes and Examinations - her emotional response to Kosh's death even got me teary-eyed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUw...yFa_I&index=20
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th 22, 14:48   #2
KoshN

Re: Reaction videos

I'll give it a look. Might get me to do another rewatch. The last one was several years ago, but there are so many other TV shows that I have on DVD that I haven't even watched one time yet. The only reaction videos that I watch now are KayReacts, mainly for her Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, movies and anything but "New Girl" content.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th 22, 13:16   #3
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
For the past few months I've been watching Medusa Cascade's B5 reaction videos. I don't usually watch reaction vids, but Medusa Cascade's are really good you can see her become increasingly emotionally involved in the show as she gets deeper into it, and to see the joy of someone discovering the show for the first time, and being so honest in her reactions, is something special. She's in the middle of season 3 at the moment on YouTube (I believe she has a Patreon account and is further ahead on there), and her videos are really worth watching. Here's the video for Interludes and Examinations - her emotional response to Kosh's death even got me teary-eyed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUw...yFa_I&index=20
JMS is one of her patrons and recommends her highly. I've enjoyed the bits I've seen so far a lot.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th 22, 14:21   #4
KoshN

I'm trying to place her UK accent. Any guesses as to what region?
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old March 26th 22, 18:07   #5
Springer
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
It's a north-east accent. I might be wrong but her accent doesn't quite sound strong enough to be from Newcastle, but maybe Durham or Hartlepool or somewhere around there.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th 22, 14:27   #6
KoshN

Quote:
Quote:
It's a north-east accent. I might be wrong but her accent doesn't quite sound strong enough to be from Newcastle, but maybe Durham or Hartlepool or somewhere around there.
Thank you.
Old March 27th 22, 14:32   #7
KoshN

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
ps. My grandfather and grandmother on my mother's side of the family were from Manchester and Birmingham, respectively. I never knew my grandfather because he passed away ~5 years before I was born. I don't remember my grandmother having any accent and she passed away in 1969. I remember that she used to make THE BEST desserts.
Old March 31st 22, 03:51   #8
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I watched a few, skipping around to see her reactions to my favorite jaw-dropping moments. It's really fun to watch her reactions. (Also when she predicts what the characters are going to say next.) Never really saw the point of reaction videos until now.

Ah, I needed this... I needed the story, as I always do, but to see it through fresh eyes again just warms my heart.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th 22, 00:57   #9
Karajorma
Commander

I've been one of her Patreons for months. Watching with her is the closest I've got to watching the show for the first time.

It's also cute how big a fan she is of Jeff's. Which means that you have to wait two whole seasons for War Without End.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th 22, 14:30   #10
Looney
Psi Cop

Quote:
I'll give it a look. Might get me to do another rewatch. The last one was several years ago, but there are so many other TV shows that I have on DVD that I haven't even watched one time yet. The only reaction videos that I watch now are KayReacts, mainly for her Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, movies and anything but "New Girl" content.
OMG YOU HAD ME AT THREE STOOGES and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO!

I have HBOMAX now, so of course the re-watch has begun. I will have to check out the Babylon 5 reaction videos. Hope they are as good as the KATIE WATCHES BABYLON 5 reaction videos from several years ago. I kept following Katie, but she switch to only doing books and it has never been the same. I can't even recall the last time she mentioned B5.

Last edited by Looney; April 9th 22 at 14:33.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote