• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

V on ABC November 3, 2009

Sindatur

Regular
So, anyone going to give this new "re-imaging" a try? I'm excited.

Morena Baccarain (Firefly/Serenity, SG-1) starring as the "Diana" character named Anna and Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliette on LOST, Angelina Jolie's girlfriend in Gia) starring as the Head of the Resistance.

Apparently they're only going to do 4 episodes to begin with, and then pick up in 2010 (if ratings justify?)

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot.

It's actually premiering on my birthday, so I figure that's a fun way to celebrate. :LOL:

I'm in. Also will check out the re-imagining of The Prisoner, though I don't know that is. Hopefully around the same time, that would be cool.

Quietly stoked, after hearing bad things about Stargate U and Flash Forward.
SGU isn't bad, it's just currently a little flat. Once it gets going, there is every possibility it will be great. I haven't lost hope for it yet. If we get past the first half of S1 and it hasn't gotten any more exciting, or Dr Rush doesn't become less annoying, then we may have a problem

Can't speak to FF though, haven't seen a minute of it.

The original series (whichever it was) scared the hell outta me when I was a kid. This new thing looks quite promising. I suppose this'll be the next big thing. Serves Stargate Universe right - all it does is rip off BSG.

TI suppose this'll be the next big thing.

Except that its on a major broadcast network, and when it inevitably fails to bring in big ratings, it will be canceled after 15 episodes.

I think it has more than a fair chance of making it, mostly due to the fact that the "modern day parents" might've watched the original series when they were younger, so they might reach an audience with this similar to BSG.

I hope this'll be big. I need my dose of scifi and Stargate Universe doesn't seem to have what it takes.

I didn't even realize until today that the alien chick was Morena Baccarin (Firefly space-hooker).

Attractive women need to just stop cutting their hair short.

I saw a trailer and some early buzz/reviews and current impressions are not good. It just looks all self-important and serious and by-the-numbers (see the Flash Forward thread for my feelings about network drama). I think I'll wait for y'all to see it first.

I heard something funny about this show today. Someone told me that the network (ABC) was insisting that the word "alien or aliens" get mentioned AT ALL in the show, or any of the trailers. They are to be referred to as "visitors." The reason for this, apparently, is because they wanted to avoid the Sci-Fi stigma that comes with Aliens.

So apparently those big huge spaceships don't also imply that its Sci-Fi? Brilliant ABC. Brilliant.

I didn't even realize until today that the alien chick was Morena Baccarin (Firefly space-hooker).

Attractive women need to just stop cutting their hair short.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but short hair -- worn properly -- can be wicked hot. And it's easier to take care of, and doesn't clog up the shower drain nearly so much.

i felt it was a little generic, but interesting enough.

the one thing it is missing though is an old jewish guy warning everyone that the space nazis have arrived.

I enjoyed it, but what the heck? The narrative pacing in this is utterly whacked.

Ooooo, freaky V's come to see us. Creepy, build the tension, wait for it,wait for it. "Anna" is hot, interesting, creepy.

Then by 15 minutes in, the young kid is already obsessed with "V's" and the world is getting healed and everyone is pleased as punch, and then boom, they have some resistance group already and the V's have been there for some time already.

The whole, "Well fight them" scene was so flat, I almost stumbled over my own feet.
Spoiler for :

And I knew Wash was a lizard from the first mention of, "OMGZ we have an inside informant!"

i will point out a negative about the show, back when the original was made David Icke's followers were few and far between, the internet gave them a home and this show gives them a sort of voice.

i cringe at what they must be saying right now.

also why couldn't they keep the original characters, what was wrong with them?

P.S. i am laying odds that the V's are meant to represent corporate america instead of space nazis this time.

Well, they have to include an ass-kicking woman now. Even the gender representation out. We needed some cultural representation (black, Hispanic, etc). And having a poor human teenage girl impregnated by the nasty alien might be a little too "women = victim" at this point.

I love me the original, I always will. But, they are just playing to the times in a democratizing manner. I'm really ok with it. If I wanted to see an exact remake of the original, ugh. I'd rather just watch the original.

"Anna" is hot, though. I will say that our Firefly Inara is pulling it off effortlessly.

they could bring Ham Tyler in, he was awesome and they could probably even get micheal ironside, i doubt he has any work currently.

Latest posts

Members online

Back