B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 24th 18, 10:46   #41
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Looking forward to his finding out that "Commander Sinclair has been reassigned..."
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th 18, 15:47   #42
Karajorma
Ranger

That was one of the videos I bought for exactly that reason (and the revelation of why the Minbari War ended). It was most amusing.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th 18, 16:13   #43
Looney
Ambassador

I can't wait for everyone to start buying my video reviews.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th 18, 05:25   #44
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I like his analysis of Sheridan. Sheridan's ability to question himself is a recurring theme in Season 2 -- first his capacity in "There All the Honor Lies" and (much more subtly) in "All Alone in the Night," then his inability to see he might be wrong in "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum."

Now that I reflect on it, however, that's a major character shift for Sheridan in Season 4 and 5: he is much less self-doubting. After all, by that point he's come through the fire and is massively more battle-tested. His confidence is deservedly rather higher... but I do think he starts to get too confident at that point.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th 18, 14:34   #45
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post

Now that I reflect on it, however, that's a major character shift for Sheridan in Season 4 and 5: he is much less self-doubting. After all, by that point he's come through the fire and is massively more battle-tested. His confidence is deservedly rather higher... but I do think he starts to get too confident at that point.
I definitely agree, but I think that is just part of the wonderful layering of the story. The over confidence eventually leads to what could have been disaster.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th 18, 00:22   #46
Karajorma
Ranger

It does lead to disaster. When he overrules Lockley and allows Byron to live on the station. That's a direct cause of the Telepath War. If he wanted telepaths, he should have contacted the leader of the underground railroad from A Race Through Dark Places.
Old October 26th 18, 01:22   #47
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
It does lead to disaster. When he overrules Lockley and allows Byron to live on the station. That's a direct cause of the Telepath War. If he wanted telepaths, he should have contacted the leader of the underground railroad from A Race Through Dark Places.
Who'd probably left at least a couple of years before that episode. The key to a successful underground is mobility.

(*Lochley) ;-)
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th 18, 08:00   #48
Karajorma
Ranger

Oh, I know he wasn't on station at the time, but they did contact the underground railroad when they were looking for telepaths to fight the Shadows. So it's not like they don't know how to get hold of them if they need them. And as a possible P13 he could probably keep even Byron in check.
Old October 27th 18, 02:11   #49
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

If Sheridan & Co. had treated Lyta with more respect, she could have shut Byron down.

And honestly, if Byron had just gone and talked with Delenn first...

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th 18, 23:23   #50
Karajorma
Ranger

Just watched Coming of Shadows. Mark was saying that he feels more disappointed by the tragedy in that episode than any other TV show he's ever seen.

I wonder if we're just putting him through this because misery loves company.