• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Videos in the UK

The_One

Regular
OK, I have just been down to The Works to fill in what I don't have in my B5 collection, but they were missing a fair few. I am missing, in total, 9 videos. Does anyone know of anywhere online in the UK wher I can order the rest. I know obviously about the big companies such as Amazon etc... I want somewhere cheaper, can anyone tell me of a place please? I've already got a few bids on ebay, so no need to remind me 'bout that
wink.gif

Cheers

------------------
The One - You live, to serve...

Strange... I was just about to suggest Choices Direct, but checked and noticed that the Babylon 5 videos have been withdrawn.

And then I checked for Crusade and they've been withdrawn as well. Curious. They were up a month ago, and I very much doubt that Crusade will be out on DVD any time soon.

So I rushed over to Amazon and ordered two volumes of Crusade - at least to start with - before they're withdrawn from there as well! I just hope that the order still stands, as Amazon has occasionally been slow in discovering that some videos are not actually available any more.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Well I had an interesting conversation with a shopkeeper a while back when I was buying the Crusade full set. He said you're lucky to be getting these now as they've recently been deleted, because of a new series!

Interesting, eh?

------------------

Interesting indeed. I almost think I should perhaps buy the others as well... but with shipping and all, I just can't make myself part with that much money all at once.
crazy.gif

I looked around some more and found that at the moment, only Amazon.co.uk and whsmith.co.uk seem to be selling both the Babylon 5 and Crusade videos. And I suppose that won't last long, either.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

Kribu, How did you find Crusade on Amazon. I've looked, and couldn't find it.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Thanks Demon. MVC seems to have better shipping rates than Amazon. I'll have to bookmark the site.
smile.gif

Elizar, I was talking about the UK branch of Amazon at www.amazon.co.uk - however, if you live in the US and don't have a PAL capable VCR, the Crusade tapes won't be of much use to you.

AFAIK Crusade has not been released in the US, i.e. in NTSC format.

------------------

All B5 videos have been withdrawn in the UK to make way for the DVDs, this seems to inclued Crusade too.

I tried to get the boxed set from HMV only to be told that they had been deleted from their computers. Their is one upside to this though, the incredably cheap clearance sale of B5 videos at The Works.

------------------
"Watch the Shadows, they move when you're not looking..."

I should be able to get most of mine cheaply through ebay, that will leave a few though - I'll have to snap those up full price
frown.gif

------------------

Well, the clearance sale won't help me much.
lol.gif

I can understand the B5 videos being withdrawn... since there is actually a chance now of them coming out on DVD.

But with all the hassle about B5 DVDs, I just cannot even start to believe that WHV might have plans to release Crusade on DVD (unless the UK side is planning a quiet R2 release). And it's not been out on video for such a long time either... wasn't 2000 the release date for Crusade videos?

------------------

I just checked - it was late 2000. But I mean there's no market for the Crusade vids. If you're not a B5 fan would you buy an incomplete series?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
AFAIK Crusade has not been released in the US, i.e. in NTSC format.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct Kribu ... It looks like most of the B5 series and all 13 Crusade eps were released in PAL format (but no Crusade in NTSC for us N. Americans).

Also, it looks like the Crusade eps were released on video between Feb and Aug 2000. I also wonder about the marketability of Crusade on DVD since the SciFi Channel has not shown the series in widescreen like it did for B5 (which I understood made it easier to transfer the show to DVD). I just think it will be an afterthought and only -if- the B5 DVDs do well.

This is all fresh in my mind as I have been spending all weekend trying to finish the site redesign for my B5 site. Now it just needs to be tested ...
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
"Ah, you seek meaning?" ~ "Yes." ~ Then listen to the music, not the song. --Ambassador Kosh & Talia Winters

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited December 31, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back