• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer

On another thread we were talking about Delenn's rings, and how that whole thread was evidently dropped before the show went to series, but we'd like to know what all that was about - particularly what the "Black Ring" was for.

When I interviewed JMS earlier this year, I did get him to answer some of my long-standing questions about the Technomages (Mr. Abut and the Ikaran Warrior were not Technomages, he told me, and the "Mr. Jones" mentioned in the series bible, but never seen in the show wasn't one either, though he declined to tell me what Mr. Jones was, exactly.)

This got me to thinking, "Hey, let's make up a list of specific stuff we'd like to ask JMS about."

So: Number One:

1) What was Delen's Black Ring for, and how would it have played out in the series?
2) When is the long-in-production Graphic Novel due to come out? What's the holdup?
3) What did you have in mind for "The Hand" from Legend of the Rangers?

Go ahead and post your own questions! It'd be interesting to see what we're interested in, *and* who knows - some of us might have the answers already.

great thread!

i'm starting to wonder if the black ring would have been a time travel ring to allow them to go back in time and get B4? Either that, or it was the ring that would have allowed for Delenn's transformation...it has to be a big, key point in the series, and those both are it.

as for other questions i'd like answered...i'll have to ponder that for a bit! :)

I would like to know more about Justin. Who was he (I know, I know, this is the wrong question), and how did he get to Z'ha'dum? I think JMS stated somewhere that he was not aboard the Icarus. Was he from IPX, EarthForce, EarthDome, or some other agency? And was he re-programmed by the Shadows? I suspect it wasn't necessary in his case. Numerous humans are shown to be quite eager to get their hands on Shadow tech at any cost. I've always wanted to know more about the Office of Planetary Security. They sound pretty... shadowy.

Raw Shark

Last edited:
I'd like to know what happened to Laurel Takishima after she left the station. JMS never really told us, as far as I know, because he felt there was a possibility he might have used elements of that story elsewhere in B5. That means she was at least as "Alive" as Lyta was when she was off the show, which implies a story he had in mind for her, probably not terribly related to his original one.

So where was she and what was she doing? Who else really warranted a Psicorps mole during the run of the show?

Ooh. I want to know what happened to Major Kemmer under Clark's regime. I like to think she picked up on the traces of the assassination plot, too.

I'd like to know what happened to Laurel Takishima after she left the station.

So where was she and what was she doing?

Somewhere along the line he mentioned wanting to bring Takashima back in an episode where she would show up at the station bruised and battered and in a damaged Starfury back from her classified mission on the Rim, but I don't recall him giving many more details.

I'd like to know what happened to Laurel Takishima after she left the station.

So where was she and what was she doing?

Somewhere along the line he mentioned wanting to bring Takashima back in an episode where she would show up at the station bruised and battered and in a damaged Starfury back from her classified mission on the Rim, but I don't recall him giving many more details.

Yeah, I remember that as well. I'd like to know what that mission was, wouldn't you? Presumably an attempt to get recon on the Vorlons, of course, but still I'd like to know.

I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality":devil: on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality":devil: on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

Well, yeah, but that was in a book and I'm not sure how seriously we should take those. <G>

I would be interested to know how and what the Drakh were doing while their masters were asleep, however. As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons, and would have been the primary antagonists in "Babylon Prime." So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?

I'd like to know if Jinxo ever went back to Kosh or another Vorlon ambassador to enquire about the Grail.

As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons

Nothing in the outline says the Shadows win the war against the Vorlons; it just says that hundreds of innocent Vorlons are killed. (A philosophical aside; how many Vorlons are really "innocent"?) After Babylon 5's destruction, the outline states the Vorlons are one of the groups on the chase after Sinclair.

So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?

I think the idea for the Drakh was there early on; "The Long Dark" as early as season two shows that the Shadows have servant races.

Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?

Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?

Well, it probably *is* the same balcony set, just redressed a bit, but that is an interesting question about the music. I assumed at the time that it was just to let us know dart times lay ahead for The Sheridans, but it certainly could have been a more specific kind of foreshadowing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back