• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Indiana Jones Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

There's plenty of mystical hoodoo from other religions that they could have used. But, my problem wasn't that Aliens were used at all, but rather the way they were used.

The alien thing didn't bother me a bit... :thumbsup:and the crystal skeletons were the coolest!

I saw the film yesterday, was it best of the series? no but i liked the story, and i have a soft spot for the Indiana Jones character, If was fun seeing Karen Allen again and Shia Leboeuf was pretty cool in this film. I loved Kate Blanchett as the villiaI actually look forward to the 5th film if it get made and based on how much money its clearing at the box office, I think that a 5th film is probably a foregone conclusion. As to what the next adventure why not the lost city of Atlantis. I think that was the original proposal fr the third film. but it was never done though it was comic book mini series I think

I saw the film yesterday, was it best of the series? no but i liked the story, and i have a soft spot for the Indiana Jones character, If was fun seeing Karen Allen again and Shia Leboeuf was pretty cool in this film. I loved Kate Blanchett as the villiaI actually look forward to the 5th film if it get made and based on how much money its clearing at the box office, I think that a 5th film is probably a foregone conclusion. As to what the next adventure why not the lost city of Atlantis. I think that was the original proposal fr the third film. but it was never done though it was comic book mini series I think

Indiana Jones + Atlantis is also one of the coolest computer games in the history of everything ever. They had better not decanonize it!

Indiana Jones + Atlantis is also one of the coolest computer games in the history of everything ever. They had better not decanonize it!

Dude I LOVED that game as a kid. So much fun. And the characterization was spot-on. I liked it so much that I found a version of it that will play on my current PC and I played it last year for nostalgia's sake. It had been so long I forgot how to do all the puzzles and stuff, and really enjoyed playing it again. Plus, best story ever.

Anyway, other than the Spear of Destiny, they've basically used up all the good Christian relics.

Well they could hint that the true cross wasn't discovered by Saint Helena... and that it lies somewhere else.

Spear of Destiny is good though.

The Seal of Solomon would also be excellent. The wearer of it is purported to be granted power to command demons... so you could see why a corrupt government would want to get it's hands on that!

I hope they do more, although Lucas probably needs to chill out on the aliens thing. Ultimately, he invented Indy, so he can do with it as he likes.

Technically aliens were there from the start... as in Raiders Artoo and Threepio adorn one of the many tomb decorations:

RaidersWOS_small.jpg

the Lego Indiana Jones series pays homage to this. Nice touch!

Anyway I shouldn't be in this thread for at least another week!:rolleyes::thumbsup:

If they don't do Alantis that would be disappointing but it should not be difficult for them to come up with some other quest to send Jones and company on.

Last edited:
I dug it. It had a good beat, and was easy to dance to... :D

Probably the second best in the series. I was disappointed that it had nothing to do with the real crystal skulls. BTW, gun powder is NOT magnetic, nor is it in grenades. Did you notice that when the Russkis smashed into the statue on campus, it knocked out their windshield, but the windshield was intact in the next scene? You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog was three or four years old in 1957, and probably wouldn't have been on the radio. Minor quibbles, those.

I'm glad that Karen Allen is lucid enough to act again, after losing it a few years ago. She was found wandering a residential neighborhood, incoherent.

I liked Shia dressed exactly like Marlon Brando in The Wild One,

And I LOVED THE MONKEYS! :p

Actually I believe that was the actress from Superman that was found wandering around a residential neighborhood incoherent, not Allen. Yep, a quick check on the Wiki shows that is was Margot Kidder that had the wandering around incident back in 1996.

I suspect if we get a 5th film in the series, i think Shia is probably going to slide into the lead on that one, this of course just speculation.

They've already basically said as such, and Ford said he'd have no problem with a small cameo role in the film, or even a very secondary role kind of like Sean Connery's in The Last Crusade.

Actually I believe that was the actress from Superman that was found wandering around a residential neighborhood incoherent, not Allen. Yep, a quick check on the Wiki shows that is was Margot Kidder that had the wandering around incident back in 1996.

:eek: Duh, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Finally saw it. It was fun! I like fun movies. I enjoyed the action sequences more than anything. Some of the interrelationship storylines seemed a bit mushy, though.

All in all, it was Indiana Jones. I wasn't expecting Oscar material. Cool thing was seeing a preview for that new Frank Miller movie deal coming out.

I liked Indiana Jones not as good as the first but good enough. Saw the preview for Frank millers The Spirit, im not sure on that one, I need to see more.

Back