B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 2nd 09, 21:31   #131
Recoil
First One

Re: New Joss Whedon show

True but they could make their final decision on the series before they get to Episode 6. Sure they may air the rest, but it would suck to have it canceled before it hits its stride. However, realistically, the odds of them ADDING viewers 6-7 episode in is pretty remote.
Old March 2nd 09, 23:24   #132
vacantlook

Surprise surprise, a show on Friday nights doesn't get stellar ratings. Who would've thunk!
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 09, 23:31   #133
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Surprise surprise, a show on Friday nights doesn't get stellar ratings. Who would've thunk!
You know what really irritates me? I really liked her last show Tru Calling, which was cancelled before airing the 6 episodes in the can for S2, just when the arc was really heating up. Then Ghost Whisperer comes along, which appears to be very much a rip off of Tru Calling, and it's been around for years, and just so happens to be on the same night (and time?) as Dollhouse.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 09, 23:42   #134
Recoil
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
You know what really irritates me? I really liked her last show Tru Calling, which was cancelled before airing the 6 episodes in the can for S2, just when the arc was really heating up. Then Ghost Whisperer comes along, which appears to be very much a rip off of Tru Calling, and it's been around for years, and just so happens to be on the same night (and time?) as Dollhouse.
But is on CBS and gets a LOT more viewers. Never underestimate the drawing power of Jennifer Love Hewitt's funbags.
Old March 2nd 09, 23:46   #135
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
But is on CBS and gets a LOT more viewers. Never underestimate the drawing power of Jennifer Love Hewitt's funbags.
LOL, I was gonna blame it on that very thing.

Seems to me though, if I was straight, I would be much more attracted to Eliza Dushku's "real body" of normal healthy proportions than to Jennifer Love Hewitt's dinky head on a stick with boobs?
Old March 3rd 09, 00:00   #136
Cell
Telepath

It's been hit or miss so far, but not terrible or anything, well outside of the idiotic Rayna plot. But, the science fiction behind the premise of the show continues to bug me. A lot of skills are tactile, you can't just imprint someone with them. if you imprint someone with the ability to be a great singer they also need their vocal chords changed, someone isn't going to be able to do martial arts just because you imprint their brain with the ability to do it, massive changes would have to be made to their muscle structure/memory, etc.. The show appears to want to sidestep the inherent tactile nature of skills and instead opt for an, it's all in the brain approach and I find that rather shoddy writing/planning.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 09, 00:17   #137
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
It's been hit or miss so far, but not terrible or anything, well outside of the idiotic Rayna plot. But, the science fiction behind the premise of the show continues to bug me. A lot of skills are tactile, you can't just imprint someone with them. if you imprint someone with the ability to be a great singer they also need their vocal chords changed, someone isn't going to be able to do martial arts just because you imprint their brain with the ability to do it, massive changes would have to be made to their muscle structure/memory, etc.. The show appears to want to sidestep the inherent tactile nature of skills and instead opt for an, it's all in the brain approach and I find that rather shoddy writing/planning.
We can hope they tell us later in the show that "actives" are screened for certain physical abilities that are later activated with the imprints as needed. This could be one of the criteria for selecting who goes on what mission. I'm not holding out too much hope, but, perhaps?
Old March 3rd 09, 01:30   #138
Cell
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
We can hope they tell us later in the show that "actives" are screened for certain physical abilities that are later activated with the imprints as needed. This could be one of the criteria for selecting who goes on what mission. I'm not holding out too much hope, but, perhaps?
It's certainly a possibility, it's still wide open where they are going and what they will do with the "tech".
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 09, 01:42   #139
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Yeah, that "no" gesture Echo made to Sierra left me very intrigued.
I think it was assumed that Echo was retaining things, but this shows Sierra is too, so probably they ALL are. Unless Echo has been able to do something to Sierra to make her different.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd 09, 01:48   #140
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
I have only seen eps 2 and 3, but a friend just gave me ep1 on DVD. But, I had exactly the same reaction as Cell when seeing ep2. There is no way just mental programming could instantly implant such skills, as there is so much physical component, right down to the callouses needed for rock climbing.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote