B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Other TV-related forums > Non-B5 books, TV & films

Old December 4th 09, 07:01   #1
dencor
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to dencor
Jeremiah season 2 available for pre order at Amazon.

Don't know how long this has been up but the first time I have seen it. Over at Amazon.com they have season 2 of Jeremiah available for pre order. No release date yet. But that should mean it is finially being released. They have a price of $ 36.00. I am ready to pre order but please, someone go back to Amazon and double check for me. I might be dreaming. Its about damn time. Just please let this be true and not false hope on my part.

thanks
dennis
dencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th 09, 13:32   #2
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: Jeremiah season 2 available for pre order at Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencor View Post
Don't know how long this has been up but the first time I have seen it. Over at Amazon.com they have season 2 of Jeremiah available for pre order. No release date yet. But that should mean it is finially being released. They have a price of $ 36.00. I am ready to pre order but please, someone go back to Amazon and double check for me. I might be dreaming. Its about damn time. Just please let this be true and not false hope on my part.

thanks
dennis
Looks legit. Often they might have something that currently doesn't have release plans (to guage interest) but, if they're selling it, it must be coming, one would think. They're cross-promoting it "people who bought S1 might want S2" or A package deal for S1 and S2. I actually see it for $39.98, though.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th 09, 16:54   #3
Belbo
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
"This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media"
Interesting model .... I wonder what the deal is here with MGM? Presumably there aren't going to be any extras.
Belbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th 09, 18:56   #4
dencor
Commander

I did not notice the dvd recordable format Belbo. Do you know if that format can be played on blu ray players ? And why dvd recordables ? Is that a money saving effort on MGMs part ? Your right, most likely no extras. And I noticed the price change. Just last night it was on sale for $ 35.99. Now $ 40. That was quick.
Old December 6th 09, 05:07   #5
Lyta

Oh thank you for this heads up! It's going on my wishlist now. The price says $35.99 for me but whatever the lowest price is by the release date is the price that you will be charged. Also, here is what Amazon has to say about the DVD-R status:

Quote:
What are CD-R and DVD-R media?
CD-Rs and DVD-Rs (the "R" stands for "recordable") look like the discs you're used to and offer the same audio and image quality. This recordable media is used to manufacture titles on demand, as fully authorized by the content provider.

Through manufacturing on demand, CreateSpace, part of the Amazon.com group of companies, enables Amazon.com to offer music and video content that might not otherwise be available. Each disc comes fully packaged, with artwork, in a standard jewel case for audio and an Amaray case for video, although for reissued products the artwork may differ from the original.

CreateSpace works with many of the leading music labels, television networks, film studios, and other distributors to make these titles available to Amazon.com customers. All products are manufactured from original source materials (e.g., for audio products, uncompressed CD-quality audio).

By eliminating inventory, waste, and inefficiencies in the distribution system, on-demand manufacturing provides the added benefit of helping preserve the environment.

When shopping, you'll see CD-R or DVD-R on the product detail page for such products. Amazon.com's standard return policy applies to these purchases.
Old December 6th 09, 05:28   #6
Jade Jaguar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencor View Post
I did not notice the dvd recordable format Belbo. Do you know if that format can be played on blu ray players ? And why dvd recordables ? Is that a money saving effort on MGMs part ? Your right, most likely no extras. And I noticed the price change. Just last night it was on sale for $ 35.99. Now $ 40. That was quick.
As I answered in the other thread, they will play fine on BluRay players, just like an ordinary DVD. If Amazon does as Borders stores do, they burn them to gold DVDs, and scan them to be sure they have a low error rate, and are playable.

Warner Brothers is also doing on-demand burning for some of their titles. These companies do this because it is very cheap and easy. Most likely there will be no extras. It's good for the consumer, because it makes a lot of things available. But, $40, or even $36 is WAY too much, IMO. Should be more like $20 per disc, at most. I think that is what WB charges.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th 09, 11:10   #7
GaribaldisHair
First One

Does anyone know why the problem with overseas orders, as apparently these will not be shippable outside the USA?

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th 10, 05:15   #8
dencor
Commander

I might be in a state of panic right now but I went over to amazon.com and I could not find Jeremiah season 2 listed anymore for pre order. I then went to my open orders on my account and clicked on jeremiah season 2 and nothing. A few weeks back I recieved an email from Amazon asking me if I still wanted season 2 of Jeremiah and I replied, yes. They apologized for the delay and were not sure when it would be coming out.. Has MGM changed its mind and screwed us over ? Anyone know what might be going on ?

thanks
dennis
Old February 4th 10, 14:37   #9
wade8069
Ranger

I love that model, too.
wade8069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th 10, 21:04   #10
dencor
Commander

Amazon no longer has Jeremiah season 2 for pre order. It just dissapeared from their site. Does anyone know if MGM has decided not to release season 2 after all ?

thanks
dennis