• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Character Development???

Which Character developed the most of the series

• John Sheridan

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Delenn

• Londo Molari

• G'Kar

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Vir Cotto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Susan Ivanova

• Lennier

• Michael Garibaldi

• Total voters

Crusader

Of all the Characters i feel that G'Kar changed the most from the angry soldier to prophet. He became what many people wish they could be

Well devoloped and changed are two differant things so I'd go for Delenn as she actually devoloped into someone else.

Bit kind calling G'Kar a soldier no matter how bitter.Warmonger and would be assasin in my books though he turns out not bad in the end.

Bit kind calling G'Kar a soldier no matter how bitter.Warmonger and would be assasin in my books though he turns out not bad in the end.

I couldn't disagree more. G'Kar had every right to feel, and behave, as he did. His postiton to Londo is that of an escaped Jew to an unconquered Nazi.

Bollocks.

The Jews never tried to start a war with anyone after WW2 and never tried to asassinate other people.Not to mention that it is even mentioned that the Narns conquered and enslaved other races.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Bollocks.

The Jews never tried to start a war with anyone after WW2 and never tried to asassinate other people.Not to mention that it is even mentioned that the Narns conquered and enslaved other races.

Excuse me, never heard of Israel or more imprtantly Mossad. So dont go down that path for one its a specious arguement at best, and 2 turning the discussion down this path is nt a gd idea as it can only lead to a heated discussion and piss off alot of ppl

Bollocks.

Bollocks yourself. The Nazis were defeated in WW2, but the Centauri were only driven from Narn. Instead of being punished and ostracized for their brutal, murderous oppression of the Narn, they were respected members of the Interstellar community. Do you doubt that Jews would have gone after the Nazis if they had survived WW2, as a state? G'Kar had every right to seek rough justice. I don't know if the Jews did any assassinations during WW2, but they would have been perfectly justified in doing so. They did assassinate a few Nazis after WW2, even into the 60s, IIRC. I don't recall the Narn being mentioned as having enslaved other races. Perhaps someone would say where this was said?

The Narns conquered and enslaved others.

The Centauri did what every European country did when they came across weaker nations.

The Dilgar could be accussed of being Nazi like but the Centauri don't fit that bill.

I mean at least the Narns freed themselves.

Crusader you are right in that this is not a place to discuss Middle East politics but I never brought it up.

I talked about the characters involved and the topic at hand ;)

The Narns conquered and enslaved others.

The Centauri did what every European country did when they came across weaker nations.

I don't remember there ever being any lines of dialog saying the Narns conquered or enslaved anyone, but it was stated that they invaded, and I assume occupied, other worlds. We do know that the Centauri conquered and enslaved the Narn though; that's the foundation story-wise of their whole story.

I don't remember there ever being any lines of dialog saying the Narns conquered or enslaved anyone, but it was stated that they invaded, and I assume occupied, other worlds. We do know that the Centauri conquered and enslaved the Narn though; that's the foundation story-wise of their whole story.

In the episode where they find the young telepath thief,can't remember the name of it,Ivanova uses that as one of the arguments against taking the Narn offer.I trust her ;)

The Narns invading other planets was mentioned in "The Gathering" when G'Kar complains about Babylon 5 searching one of the Narn ships.

In The Gathering it turned out that G'Kar was involved in the plot to assassinate Kosh and frame Sinclair for it, in order to trigger an interstellar war so that the Narn could benefit (selling weapons as in In The Beginning, forming alliances for the purposes of conquering worlds as he tries to do in the Gathering, etc.)

That, to me, seems very much like a warmonger and assassin, and war profiteer to boot. None of those actions were specifically targeted at the Centauri. Sinclair himself gives a speech at the end of either The Gathering or Midnight on the Firing Line (can't remember off the top of my head) about how even their prior treatment by the Centauri doesn't excuse their warmongering and aggressive ways, saying they're like an 'abused child that ends up abusing others', implying that the Narns are becoming exactly what the Centauri were.

All this is why I voted for G'Kar. From belligerent warmonger, to sympathetic boy-who-cried-wolf, to tragic Cassandra, to valiant resistance leader, to cultural hero, to reluctant holy man, to a truly enlightened explorer and teacher.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back