• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

lost starts in Feb.

ok big question here..

it is my opinion that LOST will take the road BSG took.

and NOT have a proper ending/plot/explanation etc..

i think all those loose threads - they don't know how to explain them all.

finding out that daniel's dad was the rich dude...wasn't the same as finding out Luke's dad was darth vader.

what do you think Lost's last season will be-

BOMB or BLAST??

Hard to say. JJ Abrams has a chance to vindicate himself for what he did to Alias.

I love the turns the show has taken. A lot actually HAS been explained and lot has been covered in the last season.

I think they can do it.

But, I also think BSG was explained to my satisfaction.

now this is an irony..

i posted this comparing BSG to Lost..

and now LOST has its own cast pic of the LAST SUPER!

omg! :eek:

Hard to say. JJ Abrams has a chance to vindicate himself for what he did to Alias.

Maybe, but I'm not convinced. Additionally, is he even involved at all in the creative direction or finish to the show? I thought he was on to other things several seasons ago.

But, I also think BSG was explained to my satisfaction.

Except the Starbuck thing. That was really lame.

I think explainign all those mysteries would be a mistake. If they explained every single question that has been asked then they would get bogged down in having to explain each one and I think that would be hard to do AND tell a decent sotry at the same time.

Personally as long as they explain why people did what they did then I'd be happy enough to have some of the mysteries of the island left unsolved.

My own opinions are:

1. BSG was NOT explained reasonably.
2. Lost CAN be explained reasonably.

My memory isn't good enough to get into why I feel this is why, these are simply my impressions. No I don't need every tiny little thing in Lost to be drawn out, just the big stuff- what happened, why and, as much as this can apply to a show about a spacetime jumping island, when.

I found the BSG (mostly) emotionally satisfying, but completely retarded as soon as I started to think about it in any way. It was a decent episode in and of itself, but considering how much the makers had fucked up the arc at that point, I wasn't expecting them to explain things reasonably .. and they didn't.

What others have said about JJ Abrams and Lost is true - he's been off it for quite some time. The guys calling the shots are Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof. So the "answers" we will get will, by default, not be the ones planned at the beginning, if any were planned - as far as I know, Abrams did not leave them a "bible" or anything of the sort. On the upside, though, these guys were not involved in the Alias debacle - which I've only heard of, never having seen that show. They've done a decent job recently, IMO, in picking up and tieing up loose strands - even if they're doing stuff I'm pretty sure wasn't planned from the start, i.e. time travel and all that - and I've got no reason to be as cynical about the upcoming final season as I was with the final season with BSG.

My own opinions are:

1. BSG was NOT explained reasonably.
2. Lost CAN be explained reasonably.

My memory isn't good enough to get into why I feel this is why, these are simply my impressions. No I don't need every tiny little thing in Lost to be drawn out, just the big stuff- what happened, why and, as much as this can apply to a show about a spacetime jumping island, when.

See, for me, BSG was (with the exception of Starbuck as mentioned already). They explained the cylons, the missing 5. They explained the whole "this has happened before" thing. They explained the history. Now, they did so in such a manner that it was a huge chunk of Delenn-length dialogue rambled out in about 3 minutes of airtime, but imho, they did it. It wasn't exactly executed in the most graceful fashion, but it served for me. I will admit, though, that the second run was more satisfying. Probably because I wasn't like "WTF, they're going so fast . . ." and was able to absorb some of what I missed the first time.

I found the BSG (mostly) emotionally satisfying, but completely retarded as soon as I started to think about it in any way. It was a decent episode in and of itself, but considering how much the makers had fucked up the arc at that point, I wasn't expecting them to explain things reasonably .. and they didn't.

What others have said about JJ Abrams and Lost is true - he's been off it for quite some time. The guys calling the shots are Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof. So the "answers" we will get will, by default, not be the ones planned at the beginning, if any were planned - as far as I know, Abrams did not leave them a "bible" or anything of the sort. On the upside, though, these guys were not involved in the Alias debacle - which I've only heard of, never having seen that show. They've done a decent job recently, IMO, in picking up and tieing up loose strands - even if they're doing stuff I'm pretty sure wasn't planned from the start, i.e. time travel and all that - and I've got no reason to be as cynical about the upcoming final season as I was with the final season with BSG.

Interesting. You would think that Abrams would have left a guideline as to the ABC's of certain things. I guess for me, I've enjoyed the fact that the show has really taken off with the supernatural/sci-fi theme and run with it. I'm glad they had the nads to do it. I'm digging where the show has gone. I'm also ok with it if they haven't had every tiny little thing planned out from the start. I'm surprised at myself because usually I'm kind of obstinate about that kind of thing, but with Lost? I'm finding I'm more and more ok with how things are progressing.

I think it's because of a few things:

1. Ben rocks
2. Juliet rocks
3. Desmond rocks

And that's all I have to say. :)

Isn't Juliette DED!? At least she is starring in another ABC show "V" so I really don't see her making many final season appearances. A cameo possibly, but certainly not a regular cast member.

This show takes place on a spacetime jumping island. This means that anyone can appear at any time.

This kind of nonsense was one of the main reasons I stopped watching Heroes but for some reason I accept it on Lost.

You know, I think my taste for shows are purely character based. Lost does a lot of the same lame-ass crap that Heroes and BSG does, but John Locke is and Ben and Hurley and Sayid are fun people to watch on the TV, so I forgive more.

This show takes place on a spacetime jumping island. This means that anyone can appear at any time.

This kind of nonsense was one of the main reasons I stopped watching Heroes but for some reason I accept it on Lost.

You know, I think my taste for shows are purely character based. Lost does a lot of the same lame-ass crap that Heroes and BSG does, but John Locke is and Ben and Hurley and Sayid are fun people to watch on the TV, so I forgive more.

Locke could be my only reason to watch and I would. :)

I totally get where you are coming from. I too forgive Lost for these things, but Heroes . . . bleh.

The thing that made me appreciate what they have been doing with Lost the last few seasons and the talent behind the writing of the show sort of centers around Locke. I've never seen anyone so brilliantly take a character from being a mysterious miracle --- a real prophetic and wise leader --- to series chump in seconds, as they did in the last season finale.

I've even been watching Chuck, a series whose premise and plots are so profoundly retarded it makes my head hurt, but the main actors and characters, and enough of the dialogue and action, is so likable that I enjoy it.

With Lost, the number of likable vs unlikable characters is pretty much split across gender. And no I'm not a misogynist- maybe they just needed to hire more female writers or something.

I like J.J but....

In 2003, ABC group chairman Lloyd Braun had pitched an idea to for a concept he described as Cast Away: The Series. Jeffrey Lieber was hired to develop a working concept out of the pitch. Lieber eventually ended up writing a pilot, which he was asked to rewrite until he was fired by Braun.

Braun then turned to J.J. Abrams to overhaul the concept. Abrams decided take the concept into more of a science-fiction/fantasy direction, adding a "mystery" element and making the island a "character" unto itself. However, since Abrams was busy with producing Alias and a new show named The Catch, Damon Lindelof was added to the project. Together, Abrams and Lindelof fleshed out the initial setting of the show. Abrams is credited for co-creating Lost and co-writing the two-part pilot episode, "Pilot, Part 1" and "Pilot, Part 2", together with Damon Lindelof and Jeffrey Lieber, directing the two-part pilot episode, and as an executive producer of the show. He also had the idea for the opening theme and the title card.

The show we know is the product of Lindelof and Cuse, so fear not.

Early in Season 1, Abrams was busy with producing and directing Mission: Impossible III. When Damon Lindelof was considering quitting Lost due to the sudden burden, Carlton Cuse talked him out of leaving and and joined the show's staff as an executive producer.

From this point on, Abrams stopped being directly involved with the show.

Abrams briefly considered returning to the show and getting "more involved" with Season 3. Even though he intended directing an episode and "writing some", he ultimately only ended up co-writing the Season 3 premiere, "A Tale of Two Cities", together with Damon Lindelof. .

In an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in early May 2008, Damon Lindelof denied rumors of not having heard from Abrams in years, and confirmed still being in contact with him. At the 2009 Hawaii International Film Festival, Lindelof stated that Abrams watches Lost as a fan, seeing the episodes for the first time as they air, and has "expressed an interest and curiosity in how the show is going to end." Abrams is still credited as an executive producer of the show as of Season 5. Abrams will not be involved with Season 6, as he thinks that Damon and Carlton themselves should finish what they have been doing with the show. He also rejected the idea of directing the series finale, since he thinks Jack Bender has earned himself that right.

Last edited:
Good Morning St'orks

LOST - I forgot who Amy and Horace's baby was, cool reveal that it was Ethan.

Ben, as much as he hates Widmore (especially for killing Alex) and as much as he has no regard for the lives of people who stand in the way of his goals, wasn't able to kill Penny, because of Little Charlie (and of course he wasn't able to kill Danielle and Alex when he took her instead of killing her as instructed)

My biggest questions before rewatching the finale:

The Island
Jacob
Anti-Jacob
Dead people (Both bodies on the island like Christian and Locke as well as bodies not on the island like Ben's mother)
Visions (both people induced such as Boone seeing Shannon dead or Locke sweat shop versus Smokey induced)
Whispers
Smokey
Visions of people not dead and not returned to the island, such as Walt

How do all those puzzle pieces fit together, who's on which side, and what is their side? Which of these things are the same (IE: Were all the visions dead people Smokey or the Island or Jacob or Anti-Jacob or a combination)

Are Jacob, Anti-Jacob, the Island and Smokey all seperate entities or do some (or all) overlap?

Naturally re-examing the finale later in the week, will bring up many questions about the final scene and some time travelling questions

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back