• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: War Without End Part Two

Ceremonies Of Light And Dark

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I did hear something about that being mentioned: JMS saying that even without a need to replace Sinclair, he'd have to have had a Sheridan since it would be just too much for one character.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I did hear something about that being mentioned: JMS saying that even without a need to replace Sinclair, he'd have to have had a Sheridan since it would be just too much for one character.

If I remember correctly he mentioned that towards the end of the first season he did see the need for a Sheridan like character although as I said I think Sinclair's "enlightenment" was present pretty much from the start of the series. I think its that switch from Sinclair to Sheridan that really makes side-lining the former and then ending his story quicker more credible.

Not sure how much of it was in the original plan but for me Delenn as the third part of that equation being the "one who is" shifts her role in the story after Sinclairs departure. Prior to that to me she seems to be treated more as a Kosh like(albeit obviously more personable) figure who will drive the Sinclair focused plot. When Sheridan arrives though her personal story and the drama involved in it seems to take on a greater focus arguably replacing some aspects of Sinclair's character.

I watched this episode again last night on a whim and I'd forgotten just how epic it is, and boy is it fast paced! So much happens in 40 minutes compared to modern TV shows. I'm still trying to figure out whether cramming so much in is an advantage or disadvantage – a bit of both I suspect, but it makes for terrific viewing.

It also helped hide the inevitable ending, just as Marcus mentioned. (Something about how "you've kept us all so busy that we didn't think about...")

I asked JMS on twitter why he kept Doyle away from OHare for the episode considering how important their relationship was for season 1. I was shocked when JMS posted it was because Doyle (who did not know about O'Hare's condition) would wind him up when O'Hare was having an episode during filming

@straczynski
Following Following @straczynski
More J. Michael Straczynski Retweeted jtshark
Though I don't thing Jerry fully understood what was wrong with Michael, he knew something wasn't right and often went out of his way to get under Michael's skin just to watch him spin out. With Michael still fragile I couldn't afford to let anything go wrong with the two parterJ. Michael Straczynski added,
jtshark

@jtshark71
@straczynski silly question. I am re-watching War without end 1 and 2 and I am curious why you made the decision to keep Jerry Doyle and O'hare apart for both episodes-was based upon taking away from the plot(a lot happened) or was there other things involved?
6:50 PM - 2 Jul 2018

I think JMS might have deleted his response later

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back