• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HEROES / VILIANS (Spoilers Welcome)

Damnit, my stupid DVR cut off the end.

It stopped when Elle (hubba-hubba) and Sylar were talking about their lack of abilities and she said something like "you feel powerless" and then nothing. What'd I miss?

So did I understand this correctly- the Haitian and the evil fear guy (Marlo from the Wire), the leader of the level 5 crew, are brothers, and he's in Haiti for some reason? Huh? I feel like I missed something there...

Let's see, after she told him, "you feel powerless" I think he said, "No, I feel relieved, I no longer have the hunger to urge to take powers." Then he laid a huge big old gnarly Syler kiss on her. It made me go "whoah!" out loud.

I'm trying to remember the sequence of events. Daphne's father left and Matt went in to talk to her and found out she was crippled w/o her powers. I'm guessing Cerebral Palsy or such.

Claire was bleeding profusely and found by her mom in bed.

So, the parallelism continues.

On Heroes, when the eclipse occurs, the heroes lose their powers.

On Avatar, when the eclipse occurs, the firebenders lose their powers.

Mmhmm. :vulcan:

I really like the fact that they have gone back and given some explanation for the relevance of the eclipse (This was believed by viewers to be extremely important in S1, but it was never explained). Only problem is, why has this eclipse drained all the powers, and no one saw it coming? 2 eclipses in 3 years must surely mean the "Company" heads have seen eclipses come and go throughout their time having powers. There's a missing piece (I hope) that explains this seeming plot hole.

Especially with Daphne saying "It's happening again", which made me think she's been through a power-draining eclipse before.

Claire was bleeding profusely and found by her mom in bed.

...and will hopefully die

So, the parallelism continues.

On Heroes, when the eclipse occurs, the heroes lose their powers.

On Avatar, when the eclipse occurs, the firebenders lose their powers.

Mmhmm. :vulcan:

My friend keeps moaning about them nicking ideas from The 4400. So if all they have done is mesh The 4400 and Avatar together then I could certainly be a TV show creator. Although my show would probably just involve lesbians and guns.

Especially with Daphne saying "It's happening again", which made me think she's been through a power-draining eclipse before.

You see, I don't mind these strange events, what bothers me is when they break logic within the same bloody season!

Adam, perfect example ... he died because he lost his powers to do PowerVampDad2000, and turned to dust due to his age.

... well, wouldn't he have died when an ellipse occurred, once of the nth times in the past years of his life?!?

Again, don't mind them throwing in these back door plot devices, it is when the logic just doesn't make sense compared to what already has happened to the characters ...

Now, this may lead to an explanation of Peter's face scare, but I doubt it.

On the bright side, they are introducing a new power in a character ... I guess one of the writers picked up a comic book briefly.

S.

Well, we know that the first eclipse triggered the powers. The second one removed them. There is another factor involved causing this, one that was likely missing when Adam was living all those years.

Well, we didn't actually see her die. Maybe he stopped before he finished. I have to believe she's still out there. She rocks.

Peter needs his friggin' powers back. Maybe when Papa P dies, he'll absorb them all. I dunno.

Kid Hiro seems to be getting more done than adult Hiro. Interesting. Loved that moment when he popped into the Bennett Household: You, bad guy! You. (zap!) Then back for Claire.

That's really creepy about Claire getting that sick because she hadn't built up any antibodies.

Parkman and Daphne. Feh. Cute, but kind of pointless in the story. Her physical issues were really interesting, then they had to go throw in the "omg, my dad and I don't get along" cliche, then hug.

I'm digging the Haitian.

Sylar back to being pure evil is lame. I liked when he had more complexity to him--not just black or white. I also want to see him in that apron, baking again. Hahaha.

Good ep. They're getting better. Thank God.

Well you're right, it's certainly possible Elle will live, but I use cinematography and incidental music as much as plot points to figure out what's going on and it sure "felt" like she died.

If Elle is dead, it's a real shame, she was one of the better characters on the show. They could always give her a second chance and share some Claire blood with her, though.

I too liked Sylar conflicted and unpredictable.

I dunno, I think we would have seen her laying there, eyes open in a dead, glassy stare and more of a cut on her head. He stopped kind of abruptly there. I think she's still alive. I will admit that it's more wishful thinking at this point, but I'm ok with that. :)

I'm thinking that Hiro's dad's power has some kind of restorative ability and Hiro is going to bump into him 16 years ago and get his memory back that way.

Hiro's dad's power was the ability to teach someone how to be an expert with a sword in a short period of time...

or not

When the cheerleader died, I thought, maybe, just maybe that she was actually dead. But when HRG slit Sylar's throat, I knew that there was no way they were gonna kill them both off so that she would live.

What was really odd was when I thought she was dead, I turned to my wife and said Best Day Ever. Which is what the comic book geeks said later in the episode.

Which is what the comic book geeks said later in the episode.

comic-book-guy.jpg

Best out of context reference... ever!

I'm thinking that Hiro's dad's power has some kind of restorative ability and Hiro is going to bump into him 16 years ago and get his memory back that way.

I saw a deleted scene from the day Hiro's father was killed. It was in the scene where Ando brought him the paper and the photo of him with the "death mark" was inside. In this scene, he opens the paper and looks at the stock pages. As he does, most of the page goes white and certain stock symbols become larger (sort of like A Beautiful Mind). He tells Ando that he has the power to see the outcome of any scenario and it has made him a very wealthy man.

I saw a deleted scene from the day Hiro's father was killed. It was in the scene where Ando brought him the paper and the photo of him with the "death mark" was inside. In this scene, he opens the paper and looks at the stock pages. As he does, most of the page goes white and certain stock symbols become larger (sort of like A Beautiful Mind). He tells Ando that he has the power to see the outcome of any scenario and it has made him a very wealthy man.

That sounds like a similar power to the hero that the fans chose/created. The soccer player who can plot out the course of events and so forth.

Though, he didn't see Hiro becoming the hero he was. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back