• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

I'm not sure Pegasix is Natalie, but the premise is full of ideas. What I am curious about is that Natalie has dark hair--brown hair. In an episode last season, they found a baseship infected with a virus that took out the cylons. Baltar found a black-haired Six.

Later, in either the same episode or one just after/before, the hybrid refers to the "black-haired ones" of the cylons:

"Mists of dreams drip along the nascent echo and love no more end of line. Those mists, the vapor of disparate memories and experiences, black-haired lives, won't ever coalesce back into their reborn rivers, now: Six, Three, Simon, Eight, Leoben, Doral, Cavil. All losing memories and shapes forever, shedding drops of memory and self, becoming less, to love no more. End of line."

So, I wonder if Natalie has a connection to this.

And for posterity sake, here's what the hybrid has said throughout season 3 (and in the extended version of Razor.)

First bit: "Two protons expelled at each coupling site creates the mode of force the embryo becomes a fish that we don't enter until a plate we're here to experience evolve the little toe atrophy don't ask me how I'll be dead in a thousand light years thank you thank you Genesis turns to its source reduction occurs stepwise though the essence is all one end of line. After your system check diagnostic functions within parameters repeats the harlequin the agony exquisite the colors run the path of ashes fifty-two percent of heat exchanger cross-collateralized with hyperdimensional matrix upper senses repair ordered relay to zero, zero, zero, zero..."

Second bit: "Mists of dreams drip along the nascent echo and love no more end of line. Those mists, the vapor of disparate memories and experiences, black-haired lives, won't ever coalesce back into their reborn rivers, now: Six, Three, Simon, Eight, Leoben, Doral, Cavil. All losing memories and shapes forever, shedding drops of memory and
self, becoming less, to love no more. End of line."

In Razor (Extended version)
SPOILER CONTENT BELOW FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN RAZOR

Baseship Hybrid 1.0: "At last they've come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough.

Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many. And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning."

(Kendra Shaw Exchange)
The Hybrid: All this has happened before, and will happen again. Come in, Major, I've been waiting for you for a long time.

Shaw: You're what all this is about, aren't you? What are you?

The Hybrid: What am I? A man? Or am I a machine? My children believe I am God.

Shaw: Are you... a god?

The Hybrid: I have seen things. Your life, Kendra Shaw. The things you have done, things you felt you had to do, all lead to this moment. You wish to be forgiven, my child?
(flashback of Shaw shooting the woman on Scylla.)

The Hybrid: Do you wish to be forgiven?

Shaw: Yes.

The Hybrid: Then come closer. There's something I have to tell you. Come.

(Shaw approaches.)

The Hybrid (grabs her hand): Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end.

Shaw: What?!

The Hybrid: She is the herald of the Apocalypse, the harbinger of death. They must not follow her.

and the Hybrid's last words:

The Hybrid: As my own existence comes to a close, only to be renewed in ways uncertain...

Shaw (unplugging him): You're scared, aren't you, motherfrakker? You should be.

The Hybrid: All this has happened before, and will happen again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again...

Last edited:
What I found intriguing in the extended version was the mention of the four.

Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one.
Obviously, this is Tigh, Anders, Tory and Chief. Part of this has already come true, the pain of revelation bringing new clarity (well, maybe not the clarity part just yet.)

HE will find her. Could be Lee finding Starbuck, or Anders and Starbuck. Anders and Starbuck are more of "enemies" now that he's known to us (the viewer) as a cylon. Or, it could mean another he/she. Baltar/Six, etc.

The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.

This almost leads one to believe that it's Baltar as the final cylon, clawing his way to redemption. Yet, Moore has stated that the final cylon is not in the Last Supper picture. Could be more misguidance on his part, so who is to say. I'll definitely be looking for someone who falls from grace and claws their way back to redemption. Kara is on the mind for that right at the moment.

I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many. And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning.

Interesting how he says "seven, now six." So, the seventh is still a part of the equation, even though she's boxed. It would make sense as D'Anna is returning next season. On a personal note: yay for that!

In time, sin will consume them. One splintering into many. The six remaining seem to be headed for serious inner unrest and possible rebellion. Perhaps "Natalie" is going to draw a line in the sand.

Gathered on the wings of an angel. Cryptic and mysterious!

Chief holding the knife is very strange. Isn't his son's name Aaron? Wasn't Aaron the brother of Moses? I wonder if that has any significance in this.

The Battlestar Galactica wiki says that Tyrol's son's name is Nicholas.

...I think that Natalie is pointing to Athena and Helo and they're reacting to her. If you look at their apparent line of sight, they seem to be looking more at Natalie.

I agree. The angle of their eyesight looks too upward to be aimed at Roslyn.

By the way, when Pegasix (great name for her BTW) blew herself up, was it made clear that there was no resurrection ship anywhere near? We haven't really established just exactly how near they have to be. Could she have resurrected? Could she be Natalie?

The Six that blew herself up at the end of season two called herself Gina Inviere. There's a footnote on that page that says:

4. The notion of the permanence of Inviere's death is reinforced by the testimony of a Number Five copy, indicating that New Caprica was uncovered by the Cylons by accident when they arrived one year after Inviere's death. If Inviere's consciousness was transmitted to a second Resurrection Ship, she might have disclosed the location of the Fleet sooner.

But then, the page says that Gina's last name "Inviere" is Romanian for "resurrection", so who knows.

Hmm, where in the world did I get Aaron? Nicholas. Thanks for the clarification. Not sure there are any Nicholas figures in any religious texts.

Well, that one BSG-wiki page says that baby Nicholas was named after one of the producer's grandfathers, so I'm inclined to think that the name has no significance beyond that.

Hmm, where in the world did I get Aaron? Nicholas. Thanks for the clarification. Not sure there are any Nicholas figures in any religious texts.

Well I am a Nicholas so trust me... I know.

There is one mention of a Nicolas as one of the first 7 deacons commissioned by the apostles in the book of Acts. No more mention of him.

However.... Nicodemus (whose name means pretty much the same thing) is mentioned in the most famous chapter of John's Gospel (the one with the "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." in it).

Interestingly (but I'm sure without connection), wasn't the season opener entitled "He who believeth in me"?

Leaving the Bible and entering the latter days of the Early Church and the beginning of the Roman Church, we have one significant Nicholas - the Bishop of Myra... later to be recognised as Santa Claus.

Nicholas/Nicodemus are both greek for "Victory, the people".

I'm not sure of the difference in context between demos and laos though. Perhaps someone with a better understanding of Greek could enlighten me.

PS I'm guessing you got Aaron from LOST.

AHH! That's it. From LOST. I knew there was a baby Aaron out there. I'm not crazy. Whew!

Ok, maybe a little, but that's ok, right?

Was just looking at that picture ... and yes, the last cyclon is going to be in that space between Tigh and Lee ... why?

Simple, there is a tin cup already there ...

(ok, maybe a goblet ... but ya know...)

S.

Was just looking at that picture ... and yes, the last cyclon is going to be in that space between Tigh and Lee ... why?

Simple, there is a tin cup already there ...

(ok, maybe a goblet ... but ya know...)

S.

So it's Tiger Woods? :D

*Ducks.... again*

I did wonder about that goblet. It stands out because the other drinking vessels are normal glasses - one empty one full hmmm. Anyway It made me wonder especially in the light of:

And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.

With the last supper reference it made me think of Jesus asking if there was a way for the cup of suffering to pass. It makes me think that the unseen character holds the key to something important... that can only be attained by their death or great sacrifice.

Also remember who gave a significant kiss after the Last Supper? Maybe there'smore to that kiss than tenderness.

Well I remember who gave a significant kiss before the Last Supper. =) But not during.

?

Intrigued... I'mmissing something here. The only things I think you can be getting at are either that you are getting confused with when Judas did the deed (Gethsemane was after the Last Supper), or that you are referring to an event in one of the gnostic gospels.

Or I really am missing something.:confused:

Hah, as soon as I saw you confuse the baby's name I figured you were thinking of Lost. Without personalities yet, babies are hard to tell apart. :)

Speaking of Lost, I've seen every episode of this show except for Razor and I can't follow this conversation anymore. Black-haired Pegasixes? The Last Supper? Ron Moore interviews?

I'm just gonna keep watching the show and hope they don't make the final revelations look retarded.

LOST has already somewhat "lost" me, but I have season 3 coming on Netflix. I hear that's even worse than season 2, but we'll see.

WOW. Hmmm. Where to start.

1. One is the number of Brother Cavil. Interesting. It makes sense as he seems to be the most paternal of the models. I'm not sure this has come out before tonight. Maybe it has. Either way, very cool.

2. Nice on the cylon rift. I'm digging Natalie. The centurions taking the next step was downright creepy but so kick-ass.

3. Tory and Baltar. I'm wondering if she is actually feeling something for him or will eventually grow to.

4. Adama letting Kara go was a good move. He's playing both sides, so to say.

5. I wonder what side D'Anna will choose when she's reactivated. I would assume Natalie's.

Spoilers for the trailer for next week:

Spoiler for :
Good lord, Callie finding out about Chief? Wow, she's gonna lose her mind.

Awesome episode. Got me teary-eyed a few times, especially during Lee's farewell. Dee gave him that plaque and I just lost it. (sniff)

4. I'm glad he let Starbuck go too. I know they've got to create inter-character tension and all, but Kara really was right about how Roslyn called on Kara to trust her visions and interpretations of scriptures and all but now Roslyn is unwilling to trust Kara similarly.

5. Yeah, I would think she'd join Natalie's group too.

Spoiler for :
I don't know if it was edited to look like it or if I really did see what I think I saw, but it looked to me in the previews for next week like Tory tries to space Cally.

Oh, and the 8's separating? And that was Boomer, right? That made the choice. She's really turned her back on humanity, hasn't she.

I think that's one plot hole I'm still sore about. I want to know why Boomer has gone that far. I mean, she has serious turmoil in season 1, thinking she's a cylon. Then she shoots Adama, doesn't even really know or understand fully what she did (that durn programming.) She gets offed by Callie, then downloads. Her downloading alone was utterly horrific.

She's on Caprica, trying to "adjust" and 6 is helping her or she'll get boxed. She and 6 decide to stir up a coup of their own in hopes that the cylons made a mistake in trying to decimate mankind. She ends up on New Caprica with Six, then what? That thread kind of fell apart.

We find Boomer again on the basestar with Hera and Hera won't have her. Athena downloads back to get her little one and Boomer almost kills the baby.

What gives? That was quite a big jump with no real meat in the middle. I can buy it, but geesh, I'd like to see this unfold a bit, ya know? Not just "hi, Boomer downloaded, tried to stage a coup, failed and gave up and is now embracing her human-hating cylonness."

Eek.

Oh, and something totally off the wall here. Do they have frackin' birth control in space? Apparently people are fracking one another left and right and there's only two babies so far. Wouldn't it be interesting of Tory got pregnant by Baltar? The third cylon hybrid! Kid would be totally zoomin' hot too.

I'm very interested in the new Baltar Baltar is seeing. And imaginary Baltar said there was something special about Tory like he knows she's a Cylon. So what gives? What happened to imaginary 6?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back