• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Heroes Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Sindatur said:
But still wondering how Adam/Kensei was able to get someone as strong as Maury to do his bidding executing the the other company leaders?

I think Maury and Linderman both just ascribed to Adam's philosophy, even if he had one he told them and a more private one for his own personal goals that they didn't know about. I think they were far more like followers of Adam than coerced or forced by him.

Unless Kensei isn't like Claire, but, instead like Peter?

I don't know to what degree, but I doubt that Adam only has the power of regeneration; there's bound to be more he can do but just didn't know of during the time Hiro spent with him in the past.

Last edited:
Unless Kensei isn't like Claire, but, instead like Peter?

Remember in season one, Claude (the invisible man,) was training Peter and he mentioned that "those like Peter" have just burnt out in the past and destroyed themselves. Peter asked "there are others like me?" I'm going from memory here, but perhaps someone else also remembers this.

Adam could be like Peter. There are others like Peter that the series has eluded to.

Remember in season one, Claude (the invisible man,) was training Peter and he mentioned that "those like Peter" have just burnt out in the past and destroyed themselves. Peter asked "there are others like me?" I'm going from memory here, but perhaps someone else also remembers this.

Adam could be like Peter. There are others like Peter that the series has eluded to.

Oooh, great memory. I definitely remember that conversation, but, don't remember "burnt out". I'll have to check that out. I only remembered it applying to Sylar. Speaking of Sylar, I wonder if he'll regain all his previously stolen powers or if he'll have to start over collecting new ones? And is he even capable of doing so? We still haven't been given a clear indication of exactly how the power transfers to him. Early on, it seemed very apparent he was eating the brains, then it seemed they strayed away from that, but, after that I seem to remember a scene of him with a bloody mouth (maybe a comic scene if not on the show?)? Even if he does eat the brains, does he need his original power of seeing how something works in order for his body to know how to get the power from the ingested brain?

And welcome, snockit. I see you are relatively new? Or just more of a lurker. Either way, nice to meet you.

Thanks, though more of a lurker who responds randomly :)

Can say one thing, Heroes has definitely brought a solid mystery that is worth discussion!

S.

Oooh, great memory. I definitely remember that conversation, but, don't remember "burnt out". I'll have to check that out. I only remembered it applying to Sylar. Speaking of Sylar, I wonder if he'll regain all his previously stolen powers or if he'll have to start over collecting new ones? And is he even capable of doing so? We still haven't been given a clear indication of exactly how the power transfers to him. Early on, it seemed very apparent he was eating the brains, then it seemed they strayed away from that, but, after that I seem to remember a scene of him with a bloody mouth (maybe a comic scene if not on the show?)? Even if he does eat the brains, does he need his original power of seeing how something works in order for his body to know how to get the power from the ingested brain?

It's my understanding that he eats the brain. I know that he can see how it works, he can look at a hero and "See" what's wrong in their minds (the anomaly.) But, it's just eluded to that he's a brain eater. I do recall reading somewhere that we would find out exactly how Sylar gains his powers this season. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks, though more of a lurker who responds randomly

Can say one thing, Heroes has definitely brought a solid mystery that is worth discussion!

Well then nice to see your posting. I love Heroes. I love the mystery behind it all. I can't wait to see next episode. I think it will fill in some serious holes that we need to see.

This season apprently was originally slated to have 2 arcs, the Generations Arc we are currently seeing up to Ep 11, and then a second arc for the remainder of the season. Rumor has it, if the writers strike doesn't end before December, we may only get to see 11 episodes this season. Rumor has it Ep 11 has 2 endings available. One to close up this current arc, and pave the road for the second arc, and an alternate ending that can make ep 11 serve as the Season finale.

OT: LOST apparently has 8 episodes available and depending upon where the writer's strike goes those 8 may be shown and then it's up in the air if the other 8 will come this season or not.

Please DVD Producers, give them their writing residuals so this strike can end.

Finally watched this weeks episode. This show is really becoming a low priority for me, which is opposite of what it was last year. I'm amazed at how many people were thinking this was the best of the season, as I didn't think it was. Then again, this season has been dull so far, so maybe its the best, just not very good on its own right.

The "dualing Parkman's" thing was pulled off really lame IMO. Matt is watching over the girl trying to act all distraught (didnt pull this off completely) and all of a sudden he is battling his dad who walked out on him, basically being the revenge story that any person who had a dad walk out on him would want....and then dads dead! Nice. Anti-climatic.

I agree, the separation between Noah and Claire is REALLY forced. They ran this boyfriend thing by us lickety split and I'm still not buying into it. My biggest issue with this thread --- if Noah is worried about his future (mainly his being dead in it) then here is a novel idea: SHOW CLAIRE THE DAMN PICTURE SO SHE GETS WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Shocking.

Good not seeing the Mexi-twins.

We have all said this before, the whole future-look thing was done last year. No big whoop about it, but it was kind of deus ex machina how he all of a sudden magically remembered. Come to think of it, there are more than family-sized helpings of deus ex machina this season...which is why Im not into it too much.

Lastly, Hiro and the past. First off, two weeks ago when "Kensai" turned to the dark side because of the smooch heard round the world, I called him being the big bad guy. I was really hoping for it, because he can be a mean asshole as we have seen in Alias, and I think that similar trait is really needed this season. SOMETHING is needed this season. But Hiro's jaunt to the past was really lame and I wasn't buying ANY of it. His relationship with Kensai moved too fast, as did with the girl. Seeing Hiro back in the present was sort of a relief, but man, his reaction when he saw Ando, its like the writers of this show have known they have F'd up a bit this year, and tried to bring Hiro back to what made him popular --- a non-english speaking naive Japanese kid who gets overly excited at everything. That seemed forced too, given his experiences in the past.

In fact, I think what annoys me most about this season...is that it isn't just "another story." It is that they seemed to hit the "reset button" like many shows do --- but instead of a full reset where its new characters and a new direction, they hit the reset button but KEPT EVERYONE and the characters from last season may have the same names, but they arent the same people!! Anyone else feel this? I mean characters are supposed to change over time, but it feels like they took all these people and all these relationships/bonds that were made last season, and they just jumbled them up into different situations again.

Maybe thats why this season still feels off. That and they clearly have too much going on thread wise and cant get all of it enough screen time.

Recoil said:
...Seeing Hiro back in the present was sort of a relief, but man, his reaction when he saw Ando, its like the writers of this show have known they have F'd up a bit this year, and tried to bring Hiro back to what made him popular --- a non-english speaking naive Japanese kid who gets overly excited at everything. That seemed forced too, given his experiences in the past.

That doesn't surprise me much though; I think it would be Ando's presence that would make Hiro all excited again. I remember back to an episode last season in which we saw how things were five years in the future from that point during which Hiro's a huge grump and Peter eventually reveals why: Ando had been killed. For Hiro, I think Ando is a huge stablizing energy that can be that one thing that could bring Hiro back to being his excitable self.

I think one of the things that's getting me so far this season at least is that it seems quite disconnected. Last season, even while characters were running around doing their seperate storylines, there were all these little connections between them that we kept seeing pop up here and there. It made it feel more cohesive and together. I think we just haven't gotten that this season, so that's causing a lot of the storylines to just feel 'there' and not connected.

That was kinda brave of him... except he's on strike so cannot do anything about it for a while...

I hope it picks up. Just finished S1, it was way cool.

And speaking of season 2 sucking, last night's episode was a bit of a let-down for me. It was advertised as a big ol' "Here's what happened after the end of last season", and while technically true, it was a bit of a yawn.

First, the whole Maya and Alejandro story. Come the fuck on. Nothing different ever happens to them despite which episode it is that they're appearing in. Maya kills people, she cries, Alejandro looks like he's using the toilet. The actor playing Maya does portray crying well, but it's so old now.

So it looks like Niki really does have multiple personality disorder, unless it was Jessica fucking with Niki by pretending to be another personality. Yawn. The death of DL was so weak and lame it was sad that they took him out that way.

And then the whole Peter thing. The only thing that part really did was keep the truth of Bob's badness/goodness ambiguous and give Kristen Bell some fun stuff to act. Elle (Kristen Bell) really was the best thing about last night's episode. I guess we did get the explanation as to why Nathan kept hallucinating seeing himself with a burned face. And we got the specifics as to how Peter lost his memory, but seriously like anyone didn't already figure it was the Haitian that did it!!

This episode was no where near as thunderously revealing like they hyped it up to be.

OK I don't get how D got killed. So the guy shot him point blank. Whey didnt he just let the bullet pass through him. Sure it happened fast...but he has shown faster reflexes than that. Heck not even reflexes, natural reactions to danger where he "phases out" automatically. I thought that was a bit contrived. Better he should have died as he did --- intentionally taking a bullet is plausible, not taking one that would have hit the stairs behind him isnt.

Recoil said:
...Whey didnt he just let the bullet pass through him. Sure it happened fast...but he has shown faster reflexes than that....

Indeed, and we got a taste of those faster reflexes when the guy tried to punch him in the face shortly before that. Maybe it can be just slated to ineffective editting of the scene, but the shot of the guy holding the gun to DL's chest lasted long enough to make a viewer think DL had plenty of time to phase out and let the bullet pass through him.

...I thought that was a bit contrived. Better he should have died as he did --- intentionally taking a bullet is plausible....

I agree; they should've just let him officially die as a result of the confrontation with Linderman. I don't know; I guess for some unknown reason they couldn't seem to think of anything else to have Niki go through that would cause her to join up with Bob and The Company, but they could've come up with something way better than this if they had put their minds to it. Having this be how DL was killed is so cheap, especially compared to his act of sacrifice to save Niki against Linderman at the end of last season.

What really bugged me about the episode was the simple fact:

Why would they put Peter, who could be considered the most powerful one, right beside the cell with Adam in it ... come on! Only thing one can hope is that Bob planned that from the beginning with Adam and in fact they are playing everyone right now ...

Over all though, very weak episode, it was to much filler and lazy writing for my liking.

S.

And what was up with Bob telling Peter and Niki that they had a disease and needed to be treated; was that some line he just fed them to try to get them to come in so he could lock them up, or does he consider all powers to be a disease, including his own -- though of course he doesn't seem to mind using his to fund The Company.

And Peter's whole "I'm not swallowing my pills" thing was retchedly cliche.

I was really looking forward to this episode. I was disappointed by some and pretty entertained by other parts.

The Maya/Alejandro story needs to just go the frack away. I'm serious. I hope they get Sylar'ed pronto. It's just one of the most useless storylines so far and it takes up precious time which can be used for more interesting things, and that... my friends... pisses me off more than anything about this season.

It really IS the same ole stuff, over and over and over. I have no emotional investment whatsoever in these two. I care more about Sylar than I do about them.

I liked some of Peter's storyline. I enjoyed his developing friendship with Adam, regardless of whether or not Adam is working for the company or against it. Something tells me he's working for the company in order to befriend Peter. His whole "let's save the world" deal doesn't jive. Furthermore, I think the Haitian also knows this and that's one reason he burrowed out Peter's memory so that he wouldn't go to meet Adam. He wanted to give Peter a new start.

On a side note, we need more of the Haitian. He's bad ass.

Kristen Bell's character is annoying me in a sense. I enjoy watching her, but she's too black and white to me. She's vapid, shallow and has no depth that I can see. Boring and trite. I wanted more for her. I hope more than just being a sex-starved sociopath is in the works for her.

Nathan's recovery was interesting.

The whole DL thing was just stupid. Whoever is writing some of this crap needs to be bitchslapped. He deserved a far better sending off than running to LA to magically find "Gina" Nikki's inner slut. Puhlease.

Adam's ability to use his blood to cure others is also interesting. Claire could probably save her father if she learns this (and if he is shot as the painting foretold.)

Where the heck is Claude? And that Hannah chick from season 1 (the cyber-gal that helped Ted.) The loose ends are starting to drive me bonkers.

Alluveal said:
...And that Hannah chick from season 1 (the cyber-gal that helped Ted.)...

Yeah, they sure did made her look like she was significant enough that she was going to be reoccurring, but if her short pop up is all there'll ever be of her in this show, then she was completely pointless.

Hannah's appearance was more to drive home that the comics off the official website are canon. She's had a bunch of comics focused on her.

Hannah's appearance was more to drive home that the comics off the official website are canon. She's had a bunch of comics focused on her.

And so her blip of a presence on the show itself becomes confusing, unneeded, and unresolved for someone who either doesn't or can't buy into every piece of brand Heroes™ that they're pushing all over the place. They really should stick to keeping the tv show going great because it's really gone limp this season.

Back