• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"The form you have submitted is no longer valid."

\"The form you have submitted is no longer valid.\"

I suspect the forum engine is currently a bit mis-configured. If it helps, I think I can present one repeatable way of causing a somewhat annoying effect.

When one tries writing a longer post (as in, one which takes several minutes to write)... and finally tries to post it, apparently the forum engine has meanwhile invalidated some session data, resulting in the post being lost, and the "Back" button not helping a bit towards recovering the intended content of the post.

The exact error message is:

"We cannot proceed.
The form you have submitted is no longer valid."

P.S. Tested with Mozilla 1.7.5 -- not sure about other browsers.

Re: \"The form you have submitted is no longer valid.\"

Hmm. They have changed session information a lot, so that's possible. I'll try and look into it.

Re: \"The form you have submitted is no longer vali

By the way... sorry to be so unattentive, but I really don't remember whether it happened with the "Quick reply" function, or the ordinary reply function.

Since I typically use the ordinary reply function, I suspect it was that.

Also, I cannot remember if I previewed... and then edited until something expired... or waited straight away, without doing a preview.

Should I bump into it again, I'll describe in more detail.

You're doing well so far. Many requests I get, more from TrekBBS/CSI Files, are along the lines of "So and so said they couldn't get X forum to work".

I've only gotten the error once, and it was using Firefox (a flavor of Mozilla) on a PC. I've never gotten it using Safari (also a Mozilla flavor) on either of my Macs.

I am using Firefox, and haven't had that happen. I have done long posts, in reply mode, with no problem posting. But, sometimes after a long post, when I return to the forum, the threads with new replies I hadn't yet read are marked as read. That did happen a lot, but is much rarer now. It does seem to be dependent on how long I have the reply function open.

OK I don't type, I typo! :LOL: I haven't gotten the innvalid form lately, but it only happened when I took a while to reply, due to length of post and/or flitting between pages during reply. I use MS Explorer as a browser.

Another peculiarity I've noticed is that if I exit by closing window, sign out ( I'm on dial-up) or just get disconnected then returning to the site leaves me "logged in" even though I'm not connected, where before I would have to log in. Now, if I log out before exiting then I have to log in on next entry to the forum. It seems like there isn't a time out function for sessions? Not a big deal, just ... peculiar.

"The form you have submitted is no longer valid.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page. "

IE6 on XP

I had that once. Was a real in the butt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back