• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST - The Greater Good *SPOILERS*

Sindatur

Regular
Tonight starts the final four new episodes of the season, folks are supposed to actually start talking to one another and answers are supposed to start being given. Mira Furlan returns on May 18 and 25 for the for the final 2.

Ya know, I've always thought that shows and movies were too reluctant to kill off main characters, citing how much it could really add to the story.

It wasn't until tonight's episode after seeing the previews that involved Locke getting "shot" that I realized that there have only been two shows where I've ever cared enough about the characters that I actually DIDN'T want to see them die to advance the story.

The first of those two shows was of course, Babylon 5. The second? Lost. Kind of ironic that I'm here on forums dedicated to one of those shows posting about the other one.

I thought whoever is playing Locke did a great job in his scene during Boone's funeral, with his lower lip quivering.

Tonight, after a few episodal backstories seemingly not having anything to do with anything, we got another one that led up to someone getting on the plane, with Sayid getting on the plane to see the girl from his first backstory, while delaying his flight by one day (and hence boarding the doomed plane) to deal with his friend's body. As expected, it was no accident that he was on this plane either.

A couple things I didn't get. 1) Why did Locke lie about Boone falling in the first place? Here we are the next day and he's completely willing to show everyone the plane and according to the previews, the hatch as well. There really was no reason to lie about it in the first place in that case.

2) How are they just letting Shannon walk around as if nothing happened after she shot someone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the law here in the states that shooting at someone gets you put in jail 20 years? They locked up Jin (handcuffed him to something) for attacking Michael, yet they do nothing to Shannon for SHOOTING someone?

They didn't do anything to Charlie either when he shot and killed Ethan.

Yeah but Ethan was crazy jungle bad guy, while people were angry at Locke, the situations between he and Ethan were very very different.

So, it was Locke that hit Sayid afterall, to sabotage the attempt to announce their prescence to the "Others". So, if Locke knew that much early on, that he needed protect everyone from learning too much and attracting attention, I have to call into question Ethan again. Locke said (back when Claire was kidnapped) that he should have known Ethan was a bad guy. And now, I say the same thing, if he knew enough to make sure they didn't attract the wrong attention, how did Ethan slip past him? Is there more to this yet?

Locke was doing his protecting thing again when he lied about Boone. Locke believes there's reason not to let the population know about the hatch, because it represents some kind of danger to him. The whole camp wanted his hide, so it was time to come clean about what happened. But he didn't come totally clean, he only admitted about the plane. He didn't admit about the hatch, and in fact lied to Sayid about the hatch ("Well there's a forward hatch and a rear hatch"). It's only after Sayid refuses to allow Locke to lie to him, that Locke finally is going to give the hatch information up. And looking at Walt's reaction, it seems Locke may have a legitimate concern.

Shannon shooting Locke only resulted in a scratch on Locke's head. This she attempted because of her grief and anger. This is really no worse than Sayid torturing Sawyer right before Solitary and throwing the knife into Sawyer's arm, and considering there's no sterile hospital or proper medical equipment, no blood stores, this had the potential to be just as deadly as a gunshot. If Sayid had not left, do you believe they would have locked him up? Jin was handcuffed because they couldn't communicate with him, and so he was an unknown quantity, they weren't able to understand why Jin went ape, and what might calm him down. Once Sun admitted to Michael that she knew English, and explained what the problem was, Michael resolved the issue by returning the watch and let Jin go.

I didn't fall for the promo Locke shooting promos, because his story is not yet over. The only reason I could have seen where he would've died, would have been if Shannon shot him when he was at the hatch. Then the hatch mysteriously opens. It would have been a disturbing answer to Locke's question. "What do you want from me?"

But, hey, that was just speculation. He ain't dead.

I like how Jack just stood and watched the whole thing, then walked away with Locke bleeding. That man holds a grudge.

It's good to be watching new episodes.

Every time I think I have Locke figured out something happens with him to make me change my mind. I found it strange how calm Shannon was when she was sitting on the beach and Locke approached and talked to her about Boone and then suddenly trying to kill him. I like how Jack just looked at him and walked off.

Turniphead. :LOL: Charlie cracks me up. Hurley too trying to sing. How ironic was it that Sawyer was the only one that could get it to shut up?

I found it strange how calm Shannon was when she was sitting on the beach and Locke approached and talked to her about Boone and then suddenly trying to kill him.
Didn't you catch her lower lip trembling as soon as Locke got up and walked away? Seemed to me that it took all her self control to remain composed, and the second he looked away and left she started to lose composure. I thought the actoress did a great job with that scene --- the last few episodes in fact. Not only is she totally hot, she has skills too. :)

I've only seen a couple of episodes of Lost. Are they going to start rerunning them all after the final 4? I want to see it from the beginning. What part does Mira play?

Tammy

Tammy, yes I think they are going to be rerunning them after the final 4, but, don't quote me on that.

There is a radio signal that's been playing for what they believe is 16 years in French, that they come across in the first couple of episodes. This radio signal message is left by Mira's character. She appears in Episode 9, 18, 23, and 24 (Ep 24 Season finale is 2 hours) of this season (Note the two hour Pilot is considered Episode 1 and 2)

I wonder what the chances are that Mira Furlan could become a main cast member. As bits of her character's mysteries are revealed, it may work just as well to keep her around and make her become part of the rest of the survivors.

That's my hope. :)

Her first appearance, she said alot, but, in a non-coherent way. Her second appearance, was quite brief. So, so far we really haven't learned a whole lot from her. No way of being able to tell where her character is going until after we watch the final 3 hours, which she will be guest starring in.

Back