B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old June 12th 18, 17:28   #11
Looney
Telepath

Re: Babylon 5 is coming to Amazon Prime, June 2018!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
I wonder if Prime has a different catalog in CA than it does in US.
I just hope you are able to see it. So far I haven't heard from anyone outside the U.S. having access.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th 18, 17:55   #12
Kraig
First One

Due to the availability of Babylon 5 on Amazon Prime, and the up coming 25 anniversary, Syfy wire has published an article on the oral history of Babylon 5.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th 18, 03:02   #13
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Due to the availability of Babylon 5 on Amazon Prime, and the up coming 25 anniversary, Syfy wire has published an article on the oral history of Babylon 5.
THIS ABSOLUTELY BLOWS MY MIND!!!!!

It says "ORAL HISTORY" and yet I am having to read a bunch of words instead of someone telling me the story, orally!!!!!

Old February 14th 20, 13:58   #14
Looney
Telepath

Sad to report that it appears to have disappeared from Amazon Prime.

I double checked it on all my devices, but I am really hoping to hear I am mistaken.

Hopefully this means Netflix will pick it up. If not I'm sure we will soon be expected to pay for whatever streaming site Warner Brothers comes up with.
Old February 15th 20, 06:59   #15
Raw Shark
Commander

Babylon 5 is still available on Amazon, but now you have to pay for it. I doubt Netflix or anyone else will be able to pick it up soon, but I don't know the terms of licensing it for use on Amazon. I was rewatching/relistening quite a bit, and getting a newish friend into it as well. She got really frustrated whenever she asked a question and I answered with 'You'll see!' But at least with B5, there were payoffs to the mysteries.

I also liked that they were showing the original version of The Gathering. It is a strange, interesting piece of work, but man, look what it launched!

Raw Shark

"Do you know what your problems is, Mr. Garibaldi? You're not a people person!"
Londo Mollari
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th 20, 19:06   #16
Looney
Telepath

Well yeah you have been able to purchase the streaming series since before it was on Prime. Funny story, it actually left Prime availability at the end of January, but I didn't realize it because the episodes I was watching were from Seasons I had purchased on Amazon before it was available through Prime. I have not purchased Season 4 yet so when I went to watch a Season 4 episode the other day I saw that they wanted me to purchase it and knew it was no longer available through Prime. Then someone told me over on JMS News that it happened the end of January.
Old February 24th 20, 13:57   #17
Looney
Telepath

Just confirmed with Amazon that all 5 Seasons of Babylon are no longer available to purchase through Amazon digital. I went to see how much it was to purchase Seasons 4 and 5 this morning and they were not available. I contacted Amazon and they confirmed the licensed expired and they didn't make a new contract.

POST 666
Old February 25th 20, 09:53   #18
Crash
Lurker

So, aside from on the pirate bay, where are people supposed to watch it online these days?
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th 20, 02:21   #19
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
So, aside from on the pirate bay, where are people supposed to watch it online these days?
I have no clue. If you didn't already own it before Amazon dropped it the other option I know of is VUDU. You can purchase the whole series there. As I have said before the BIG benefit with that is most of it is presented in the original aspect ratio.

My GUESS is that it will show up on another streaming service soon, probably something associated with Warner Brothers ... MY HOPE is Netflix or HULU, though I am doubtful on HULU.