B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old January 11th 07, 22:00   #1
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

B5:TLT -- just the news. And we mean that.

By popular demand.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th 07, 09:17   #2
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: B5:TLT -- just the news. And we mean that.

Archive of TLT posts by JMS available at :

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/118.html

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th 07, 16:07   #3
Pobman
Ambassador

From the Babylon 5 Scripts Team:

Quote:

From J Michael Straczynski

For those who signed up for the mailing, a bit of an inside update on where things stand on Babylon 5: The Lost Tales (whose production was hailed just this week in the new TV Guide under the "Cheers and Jeers" column) (and yes, we got the "cheer" part of that, wiseass)...

I'll be flying back up to Vancouver toward the end of the month to supervise the dialogue looping and to start reviewing the finished CGI shots being created by Atmosphere.

We've also designed a brand new title sequence for Babylon 5, which incorporates all of the major characters, and emphasizes the interconnectedness of the characters seen over the show. There will also be a separate set-piece placed just before the main title sequence that will tie back visually to our series finale, "Sleeping in Light," in kind of a tribute to the end of that volume and the starting of this one.

We're also finishing up the director's blogs and behind- the-scenes pieces, which will show Bruce, Tracy, Peter and our new cast members, with the former group commenting on both the future of B5 and their own memories and reflections on Babylon 5. There will also be meditations and tributes to the passing of Richard Biggs and Andreas Katsulas from their fellow cast members.

The director's blogs will follow production from script through prep and shooting...though in some cases with a bit of an unusual approach. (I can never do anything serious with a straight face.) You see, there was something innovative and new and unusual and artsy that I wanted to do with this movie, but did the studio get the majesty, the novelty, the innovativeness of that idea? No, no, of COURSE not. But by gosh you'll get a preview of it here...and the world of SF will never be the same again....

P.S. We've updated the photo collection with 5 more photos.

http://www.babylon5scripts.com/TLT-JMS-Photos.html
Edited to remove tags
Pobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 07, 01:48   #4
Shabaz
Commander

Jan posted a link to this article over at JMSNews. It has Boxleitner talking about TLT at a panel promoting something for Hallmark (they don't say in the article, but pretty sure that is Pandemic). To quote the relevant part:
Quote:
‘Babylon’ is back

The latest Babylon 5 adventure, Babylon 5: The Lost Tales — Voices in the Dark, won’t air on TV — at least not right away — but will instead by released as a direct-to-DVD movie in late July, timed to coincide, promotionally, with the annual Comic-Con in San Diego.

Bruce Boxleitner returns as Interstellar Alliance President John Sheridan, who returns to Babylon 5 for the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Alliance. The only other returning series regulars in this first of the proposed series of Lost Tales DVD movies are Elizabeth Lochley (Tracy Scoggins), now a Colonel and still commanding Babylon 5, and Galen (Peter Woodward). A third story featuring Michael Garibaldi (Mike Doyle) was dropped due to time constraints on the production but may be used in a future installment. J. Michael Straczynski, the series creator, returned to write and direct this production, which was filmed on virtual sets in Vancouver.

“We had two old pieces,” Boxleitner said after a panel for an upcoming Hallmark Channel film he stars in. “Two Star Furies they found somewhere on a back lot and dusted them off.

“In one way it was a great reunion, and in one way, it felt like we had never shut down production. It’s a great script. Joe is one of the finest television writers I’ve ever worked with and he gave me material I haven’t seen the likes of since the show, really juicy stuff to delve into — aspects of Sheridan we had not played before.”

Sheridan will be more of an elder statesmen, Boxleitner said. “He’s a man who’s more likely to weigh things instead of being so action-oriented. We used to joke he was John ‘Nuke Em’ Sheridan. He’s much wiser now and more seasoned.”

Some things stayed the same, much to Boxleitner’s delight: “They found the original wardrobe and I proudly say I still fit.”

Boxleitner said the company that produces visual effects for Sci Fi Channel’s Battlestar Galactica will do the FX for this new Babylon 5 production.

“The ships, the station, they’ll all be recognizable but new. There are some additions and some of the original ships will have things added to them just like we do nowadays, new weaponry, things like that,” Boxleitner said.

The film will also include mentions of the whereabouts of characters that will never be seen again because the actors who played them have died: Richard Biggs (he played Dr. Franklin) and Andreas Katsulas (G’Kar).

“The way Joe handled the loss of those [actors] who are no longer with us, how he did it, I thank him so much,” Boxleitner said. “Their characters’ futures are revealed and I get to do it in a very loving way. They’re still around. It’s a way to give a nod to Andreas and Richard, an homage to them.”
Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th 07, 19:16   #5
The One Who Was
First One

^^^ Thank you for posting that read!

Sounds very promising....

Keep
Old January 20th 07, 22:36   #6
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

News only, please.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th 07, 22:51   #7
hypatia
First One

It might be good to explain to him where the comments should go.

There is another thread for the conversation on this topic.
Old January 24th 07, 12:47   #8
Dayton3
First One

I think we can count on JMS to handle the deaths of the actors (and thus missing characters) far more smoothly and competently than most television shows do.
Dayton3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th 07, 13:03   #9
GaribaldisHair
First One

Here is the thread for any comments other than news

So, does the forum software allow for this thread to be only posted to by moderators, and then sticky'd to the top of the list?

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th 07, 17:28   #10
anlashok1
First One

I don't understand the change in Lockley's military rank. She was previously a Captain (military pay grade O-6), as in the Navy, and now she's a Colonel (military pay grade also O-6). So she's now in the Army? Somebody clear up this dichotomy for me, please.
anlashok1 is offline   Reply With Quote