• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Friction between the B5 cast?

Telepath

I recently read somewhere that one of the (minor) reasons O'Hare left the show after S1 were personal frictions with another cast member (and that this was the reason he and that cast member never appeared on-stage together in War Without End). I know about O'Hares type-casting worries and other concerns, and I don't want to roll up the old O'Hare leaving B5 story, I was just reading this the other day, and wondering if there's truth to that rumor... and who that actor O'Hare was having problems with actually was. Knowledge, anyone?

At the risk of sounding a little harsh, who cares? If true, it's really nobody's business, especially over a decade later.

Jan

I think O'Hare just never got comfortable with the role, specifically with the pace and structure of it being tv, and that's what drove his desire to leave the show. I don't think anything contributed to his wanting to leave the way that did.

I had heard before that O'Hare left the show because he wanted to spend more time with his family. As for friction with a fellow cast member, that's news to me.

It's news to me too; just a bit of trivia I picked up recently, so I was curious and thought anyone here knew about it.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding a little harsh, who cares? If true, it's really nobody's business, especially over a decade later.

Jan

Well Jan, at the risk of sounding a little silly: I do.:p Being a fan of many shows that have been off the air for a while I like trivia "facts".:D Especially after a decade later. Anyone who becomes an actor voluntarily gives up a certain amount of their privacy, hell they even hire agents to get their personna's "out there".:devil:

My not knowing who the alleged animus was directed at, IMHO, this only shows superior acting ability.:beer::beer::beer:

Well Jan, at the risk of sounding a little silly: I do.:p Being a fan of many shows that have been off the air for a while I like trivia "facts".:D Especially after a decade later. Anyone who becomes an actor voluntarily gives up a certain amount of their privacy, hell they even hire agents to get their personna's "out there".:devil:
I realize that you're being lighthearted but all you're talking about is ancient gossip with no way of determining 'facts'. If someone popped up and posted that he disagreed with Pat Tallman (who wasn't in S1, of course), how would you be able to verify anything about it? I know of at least one instance of gossip that had some serious financial consequences for Michael O'Hare so I have to disagree that actors don't deserve their privacy. Just call me a stick-in-the-mud.

Jan

I really hope the rumors aren`t true..but then i`m kinda naive like that..I like people to be happy..;)

As far I am aware there isn't any friction between them now, if you listen to the commentaries. As for then.....well like they say 'the past is another country.'

Back