• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Green Hornet

Jade Jaguar

Regular
Don't waste your money on this film. It is the worst thing I have sat through in years. I guess it means to be a comedy, but none of the humor works. I saw it in 3D, but it is the worst modern 3D I have seen. The best looking part of this film was actually the beginning of the end credits, which were in animated 3D.

I saw a trailer for it and decided it looked stupid... I like Seth Rogan but sometimes he's either hit or miss.

Thanks, JJ. I actually thought this might make a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

I probably would have been warned away by someone at work. Now I won't even have to embarrass myself by asking. :)

The Wall Street Journal reviewer agreed with me that the beginning of the end credits were the best part of the film! I wanted to see The Black Swan, but my friend wanted to see TGH. He was so embarrassed about how bad it was that he bought me dinner after. :D

Much as I adore Christoph Waltz (and I'm super-adoring him this week for the stir he recently caused in Austria by describing Austria as a nation of slimebags in an interview. I'm very much enjoying the wank this has caused, and thank him every day for the free amusement :D), this just sounded way too stupid for me to even consider going to see it.

I'm waiting for the other Green related film to come out.

A lot of good movies coming up... all that remains is just to see if they can pull 'em off & not make 'em look stupid.

Green Lantern
Captain America
Thor

I'm waiting for an Avenger movie...

& I know it's not comic related but I Am Number Four looks like it'll be pretty good.

Last edited:
all that remains is just to see if they can pull 'em off & not make 'em look gay.

What... you mean make 'em look like Markas? I admit he's not exactly the superhero look, but he'd bring in a whole new crowd with his adorableness.

You'll get your wish -- directed by Joss Whedon, no less. Whedon's also working on the script, and did a once-over on Captain America's script too.

I'm waiting for the other Green related film to come out.

A lot of good movies coming up... all that remains is just to see if they can pull 'em off & not make 'em look gay.

Green Lantern
Captain America
Thor

& I know it's not comic related but I Am Number Four looks like it'll be pretty good.
Um...We're talking about men with bulging muscles running around in form fitting spandex or similar material, hard to not make it look Gay ;)

But, there's nothing that says Gay can't be cool and awesome :D

Awsome...

captain_america_the_first_avenger.jpg

Charles Nelson Reilly...

captain-america.jpg

Have I made my point yet? :p

Last edited:
I stand by my original point, which I will now start making explicit.

Gay =/= Stupid, or Tacky, or Anything You Don't Like.

Don't call stupid things "gay." Not here. Not in my hearing. Not this week. Not ever. Please. 'Kay?

That said, the latter picture is pretty ridiculous, and I hope we can avoid that, too.

I stand by my original point, which I will now start making explicit.

Gay =/= Stupid, or Tacky, or Anything You Don't Like.

Don't call stupid things "gay." Not here. Not in my hearing. Not this week. Not ever. Please. 'Kay?

That said, the latter picture is pretty ridiculous, and I hope we can avoid that, too.

I think he meant gay as in ineffective/feckless in Captain America's role as a macho hero. Imagine Richard Simmons, Ross Matthews, Adam from "Rules of Engagement" or Henry from "$#*! My Dad Says" in the Captain America uniform. Feckless. Now, I am certainly not a superhero expert, but I imagine that you have to look at the first picture through the eyes of a five year old, and that's pretty tough to do when you're an adult. IOW, you have to throw logic out the window.

I think he meant gay as in ineffective/feckless in Captain America's role as a macho hero.

Oh, of course he did. But "gay" doesn't mean "ineffective." One of the most effective people I know is lesbian. Gay means gay. Or happy.

"Retarded" might mean ineffective but "retarded" also means mentally challenged/ill, so I have to say, Demonn, you're treading on thin ice there, too. What's wrong with just plain "Stupid"?

Yeah, I'm being sensitive and prickly, but shit, if I can't stand up for my gay friends (here and elsewhere), then what good am I?

I think he meant gay as in ineffective/feckless in Captain America's role as a macho hero.

Oh, of course he did. But "gay" doesn't mean "ineffective." One of the most effective people I know is lesbian. Gay means gay. Or happy.

"Retarded" might mean ineffective but "retarded" also means mentally challenged/ill, so I have to say, Demonn, you're treading on thin ice there, too. What's wrong with just plain "Stupid"?

Yeah, I'm being sensitive and prickly, but shit, if I can't stand up for my gay friends (here and elsewhere), then what good am I?

How about instead of using the word gay or retarded to describe that 2nd captain america costume from the previous post how about using Charles Nelson Reilly?

example: I sure hope they don't go all Charles Nelson Reilly with the new Captain America costume!

Please take this in the spirit it was given, which is comic. Actually, back in high school and college I used to use the term gay a lot much like in the previous postings. Then I noticed I would use the term around my gay friend even after consciously trying not to. It would just slip out since I was so used to using the term. From that point on I decided to stop using it all together. I've been "that's so gay" free for about 10 years now. It's hard enough being gay in this country without having to deal with stupid stuff from your friends.

Now if anyone has not seen the Match Game and especially the stuff with Charles Nelson Reilly please go to the youtube and you will laugh your butt off. He is absolutely hilarious.

First off... I have no idea who Charles Nelson Reilly is but I'll bite.

I'll go ahead and get your cross ready for you and you can crawl up there anytime you like.

Flaming gay, in a Captain America uniform, WOULD BE ineffective. It'd be SILLY, ....COMEDY.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back