• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SCI FI secret B5LR page comes and goes...

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">SCI FI secret B5LR page comes and goes...</font>
<font size="3">But the footage still seems to be online [update II]</font>

As predicted, the US SCI FI Channel made its first secret page announcement last night for users to get their hands on the first B5LR footage. By all accounts, the demand was extensive.

The page came online after Dune finished on the east coast at 11pm. The page wasn't online for long and, according to at least one upset user at the B5LR.com messageboard, didn't allow much time for west coast viewers to access the information.

The page appeared at http://www.scifi.com/secret, but it has gone, so there is no use trying to access it now. The site was very slow, and at times unresponsive, which we can hopefully put down to demand for the footage. The video footage was the only feature there. After logging in, there was only one small picture of G'Kar and David, along with links to the video files.

[update: sorry these files have now gone] However, all is not lost. It seems that the footage itself, which was linked to from the SCI FI website, is still online. The links are as follows:

Realplayer 8
56k, 120k, 200k and 350k.

Realplayer G2
56k and 120k.

It is not know if these files will remain online, or for how long. [update: sorry these files have now gone]

The SCI FI Channel will be airing a second announcement in the rerun of Dune. It will be after this that we'll bring you a full report on the trailer including images, a transcript and information.

Thank you to everyone who sent me the address, or other information. There were plenty of emails, but better to have too many than too little. They were all appreciated.

Update: all files went down earlier, and now all files are back up, as well as the not-so-secret page at http://www.scifi.com/secret . Take a look while you can!

[This message has been edited by B5LR (edited June 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited June 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited June 13, 2001).]

This second announcement, does anybody have any idea what it will entail? anything new? Or just more of the old?

------------------

More of the old.

Although it's good old.
wink.gif

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Thank you sooo much for posting the link to the trailer, Ilive in New Zealand and was at work when the Dune show aired and of course cannot get the channel down here anyway. I felt really included in all the excitement when I was able to see the trailer for myself.

I was 4 years late with recognizing the beauty of Babylon 5, at least this time even though I won't get the tv show for some time I can participate in the buzz as it happens.

------------------

Who is the mystery alien?
In the trailor, in the part with the guy standing there and the smoke everywhere he disappears and there is a face for a brief moment in the smoke. it is at 15.2 on the real player time index. It does not look human, or narn or minbari. I can't make it out well, but I wonder if this is a small hint of the villain. Maybe I am paranoid, but if so I blame watching Babylon 5.

------------------

Never mind, it was a quirk of the realplayer I was using, when it switched scenes. It was a brief clip of a Narn that I never saw in the clip I viewed. Never mind.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It is not know if these files will remain online, or for how long. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They arn't now, all I'm geting is "requested file not found".

------------------

Dekion, you're not going mad.

I'm reluctant to reveal too much... but...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>From the script... I can tell you that what you saw is something to do with the ship's history. The last crew were all found dead, but it seems that's not the end of them after all...</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."

It's 10:35 am here and I was able to access the http://www.scifi.com/secret website and view the trailer.

It was very...short but very interesting and very cool to see G'Kar again.

A timeline question:

When does LoTR take place in regards to the Tep War? Before or after?

------------------
I roll the dice and everyone loses

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ManofTheAtom:
A timeline question:

When does LoTR take place in regards to the Tep War? Before or after?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just afterwards.

Well I can get to the 'secret page' but I can view the traile because it keeps telling me my handle and password aren't right... but I just registered so I know they are.

Typical!!

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

Once I finally got connected to page with Real Player, I never closed the window and know i can still access the trailer.

------------------
"And so it begins..." - Kosh

Hey everybody, hope someone can answer this: my girlfriend and I are watching the B5 reruns on Sci-Fi, and while I've seen the entire series at least twice by now, this is her first time watching. Will the B5LR movie spoil anything about the original B5 series? Also, when will the B5LR movie be airing approximately? We're almost on the fourth season reruns now, so we might end up seeing seasons 4 and 5 before B5LR even airs, but I was wondering if anybody could tell me for sure....?

Thanks!
-mcn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
Dekion, you're not going mad.

I'm reluctant to reveal too much... but...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>From the script... I can tell you that what you saw is something to do with the ship's history. The last crew were all found dead, but it seems that's not the end of them after all...</font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my. That is cool!
You are killing me here.
I cannot wait!!!!!!

------------------

How do you get to see the spoilers through the black box? The only way I can read it is to reply to it.

------------------

Dekion - drag your mouse over it, as if highlighting text.

------------------

I received an e-mail this a.m. which was from someone who attended the Gathering in Vancouver and he said he asked JMS exactly when LotR took place. JMS said it was in early 2265 just before the teep war. He said if it goes to series that would be included inthe timeline when it occurs.

This was on the Legendoftherangers mailing list so some of you may have read it too.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Neville:
Will the B5LR movie spoil anything about the original B5 series?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Probably, but as the movie is expected to air around December, I don't think you have to worry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back