• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question from a newbie re: 'captured souls'

Ivanova

Beyond the rim
Re: Question from a newbie re: \'captured souls\'

Well, I think the souls went wherever they needed to go in the first place. And since they were Minbari souls, that means that they went to become reborn as humans.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Cool. That's what I thought, what I was hoping. Delenn looked so happy that she was able to release them. So what happened to the 'soul eater'? (Is that the correct term?) He had his soul taken, I believe...was it put into a small globe, or only the large one?

------------------
"Every minute of every day we choose; who we are, who we forgive, who we defend and protect. We choose a side, or to walk the line. To play the middle. To straddle the fence between what is and what should be..."

Question from a newbie re: \'captured souls\'

In the episode where a 'soul-eater' is after Delenn, what happens to the souls inside the little floating soul-globes at the end? Delenn crushes the globes, and I thought I'd see the souls floating away or something...but it looked more like everything was destroyed. Can someone please fill me in?

Nope, the term is Soul Hunter, the same as the title of the ep.
smile.gif

Um, I don't think they show anything else, and I don't remember hearing about anything that only happened behind the scenes. So, I guess his soul was just placed in the large globe.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

We learned a little bit more about the Soul Hunters from "The River of Souls" B5 movie. The Hunters believe it's their duty to the universe to preserve and protect the souls of notable figures in history.
They have a pre-cognitive ability to 'sense' death, and they try to capture the souls of people they feel will be most instrumental in shaping key events.
What they do with them? They stick them in crypts where only they have access to the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated.
What happens if they fail to capture the soul they're after, or if one breaks free of its globe?
The souls are freed to continue on their journey to wherever it is souls go.

In "River of Souls" we've also learned, not all the trapped souls are too keen on being there, not that it matters all that much to the Hunters. Furthermore, the Hunters are fallible, sometimes tragically so.

A drawback, I suppose to being fanatical in their pursuits.

------------------
Todd (Scots)
Creator,
Scotsman's BabblingFarce
http://www.treebeard.net/scotsman/babindx.htm

Hmmm...curious.

W. Morgan Sheppard and Martin Sheen...both Soul Hunters. What has the universe come to?

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

I liked the movie "River of Souls". It might not have been full of action or whatever or it might not have had a lot of relevence to the B5 universe, and I know there were very few of the regular cast members in the movie. All I know is that I enjoy watching it because it entertains me. It's B5, so of course I like it.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

What happened to the 'souls' is left open so that what they exactly are is left open as well. It's meant to make you ask that very question.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Back