• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favorite BSG Characters?

Jendia

Beyond the rim
Hey there,
I'm having a tough time deciding which Battlestar Galactica characters are my favorite. I like them all!!! What's up with that?!?
But I guess I like best Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar.
Your faves?

Jendia

Without a doubt Madam President, with Adama a very close second. They are best together, I would like to watch an episode with just them two in.

I think I like Baltar best, because he's so out of his head :LOL: But all the characters are interesting.

Without a doubt Madam President, with Adama a very close second. They are best together, I would like to watch an episode with just them two in.
^^^ What he said.

Although (and bear in mind I'm only 5 episodes into it) I think HELO (see I can get it right) could be a pretty interesting character. I think his sacrifice to stay behind in the original miniseries was quite moving and said a lot about him. Now hes just scraping along to survive. They haven't done much with him yet, so its hard to say hes one of the better ones, but I think theres a lot of potential there.

But yea, so far, the Pres and Adama for sure. Although Col Tigh has his moments too...

I'm on board with really liking the President woman (which one would think with my liking her so much, I'd know her name :eek: ).

Call me crazy, but I’m digging Number 6. And it’s not because she’s a DDG blonde (although that doesn’t hurt). There’s always something going on behind her eyes. You can see it in her expression when Baltar is being resistant to her demands. You know she has her orders, but you can see that she’s trying to work it all out for herself.

And I’m hoping there will be more in-depth treatment of the God-man-Cylon dynamic. There’s a potential there to say something about humanity and where we’re going vis-à-vis cloning, stem cell research, etc.

All in due time, for we North American viewers, I suppose.

6 is pretty creepy. That one scene where she scares the hell out of Baltar and says, "THIS is what you say!" That was spooky.
All attractive doppelgangers are inherently creepy because of their power over others.
It'll be interesting how this turns out.
Did I say Helo was hot? Oy. Honestly, that's not REALLY why I'm watching the show.
Ahem.

Jendia :p

Actually the new Cylon Centurians are even creepy. In the original series they looked so big and bulky and...well...toaster like ;) that you couldnt take them seriously. They moved SO SLOW.

This series they are larger, meaner looking, sleeker, and make a loud ominous sound when they walk...and when they decide to move, they are fast.

Much better. :)

Favourite BSG character? Hmmm ...

On a purely shallow note, Apollo and Helo are both smokin' hot, and I find Boomer and Six pretty sexy too.

As for characterization, the interplay between Adama and Roslin is so fun to watch. I still love Adama's surprise when Roslin refused to even talk to Zarek.

On a purely shallow note, Apollo and Helo are both smokin' hot, and I find Boomer and Six pretty sexy too.

Good, more Helo appreciation. :) Boomer and Six are both nice, agreed. I probably prefer Boomer to Six in fact.

Apollo annoys me. He has nice arms, but such an annoying face and personality.

Back