• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Greatest Moment

Kaleb

Regular
the "god sent me" moment by far.

Sorry I can never remeber episode names.

------------------
Lyta had a little Vorlon
Her skin was pale as snow
And everywhere that Lyta went
Her Vorlon was sure to go.

My avatar also demonstrates one of my favorite moments.

The great thing about Babylon 5 is that there are so many awesome moments, it's hard to pick just one, or even a few. There are probably at least a dozen or so awesome moments from each season, and sometimes, there's more than one per episode.

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

Sorry I just have to pick two, as I can't decide which to finally go with, and neither are particularly jaw-droppingly spectacular - just two of the moments that for me define what sets B5 apart from other TV shows
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

1. The moment in 'Point of No Return' where Garibaldi confronts his security team about siding with Nightwatch, and not a single one of them chooses to stick with him.

2. The death of Kosh in 'Interludes and Examinations', which for me always summed up JMS' desire to show "Choices, Responsibility and Consequences". Kosh knows that if he chooses to send in the Vorlon fleet they Shadows will come after him personally, and yet he still does it, takes responsibility for it and accepts the consequences. With hindsight it also demonstrates that the Vorlons are not all alike.

Sorry for being long-winded.
crazy.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

Yes there are too many to have as favourites
laugh.gif

But here are few that come to mind, some have already been said so I won't repeat them, one is were Gkar and Londo on Centauri Prime and Gkar tells Londo that he forgives him and asnother one is were Garibaldi comfronts his second in command Jack in the cells and afterwards Ivanova tells Sheriden thatJack and all the evidence is "gone"...

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kaleb:
the "god sent me" moment by far.

Sorry I can never remeber episode names.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Between the Darkness and the Light.

For me there are so many great moments I can't pick just one, or even 3 or 4. I think this proves how great B5 really was. I have to say this was definitely near the top of my list, along with KoshN's pick- Severed Dreams- "If you value your lives, be somewhere else". Both of these give me chills just thinking about them.

------------------
"Triple cypher...wine...women...song." - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

The first apperance of a ShadowShip in "Signs and Portents". That one nailed me to B5 forever...

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

I can't pick one favorite, but there are two or three moments in Sleeping in Light that will always remain with me, but I think in the end it is the line of ships waiting as an honor guard just as Babylon 5 blows up. That's a truly grand finale.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Every episode has a great moment (or several) in it. That’s why we watch it over and over and over again. It will take me forever to think of all of them but since I just watched "In the Beginning" there are two scenes that always get me.

First Londo’s speech about the humans fighting the Minbari during the war (paraphrase):
"The humans made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. When they ran out of ships they used guns. When they ran out of guns they used knives, and sticks, and bare hands. And they fought this way for TWO YEARS! They never ran out of courage; but in the end, they ran out of time."

The other is at the "battle of the line" when Sinclair realizes that it’s a trap and you see the jump points forming - hundreds of them. You just know that the Earth is doomed.

More to follow later.

------------------
We live for the one;
We die for the one.

Greatest moment? I've got one not mentioned yet. How about Sheridan blowing up the Black Star in "In The Begining". That movie has alot of great moments, I can't wait to see it on DVD.

------------------

I wonder why you didn't like that???
smile.gif

Just kidding of course.

------------------

While the favorite episode discussion has been done to death, as far as I know, there hasn't been a favorite moment discussion.

So, lets hear it. What is everyone's favortie moment in the entire series? What is that one moment that just stands out in your mind above all others?

For me, I'd have to go w/ the last segment of War Without End Part II. Delenn, Sheridan, Marcus, Ivonova, and Lennier are all on the White Star preparing to go back home. Delenn hints at Sinclair being Valen, and Marcus goes, "Dear God, a Minbari not born of Minbari." Then we see Sinclair and the Chrysalis and all those clever flashbacks that hinted at what was to come.Finallyy we see 1000 years ago, the Minbari ships approaching Babylon 4!! Zathras charasmatically leads the Minbari in to find Sinclair...no no scratch that... to find Valen
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Every time I see that sequence, my jaw and all my internal organs just drop. Ah hell, I can't even explain the feeling I get. That scene just gets me every time
smile.gif

Sheridan may have gotten to take on the Shadows, get rid of Clark, and start the ISA, but Sinclair got to be a god-like legend. Lucky bastard

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Favorite moment? When Delenn rides in and saves the day in Severed Dreams, and Sheridan before he realizes it's her, thinks it's another attack. That transition from extreme negative to extreme positive is my favorite moment.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a very big fan of B5, and quite happy to find this place.

My favourite moment...most of my favourites are during some interaction between Londo & G'Kar, my favourite relationship in the series. The one that most readily springs to mind, for its humour and its terrible seriousness, is when they're trapped in the elevator together, in "Convictions."

Londo: Perhaps I have not made myself sufficiently clear. There is no telling when help will come.
G'Kar: smile
Londo: Unless we get ourselves out of here, on our own, we will probably die here.
G'Kar: laugh
Londo: So, we must work together.
G'Kar: No.
Londo: What do you mean 'no'?
G'Kar: No.
Londo: You want to live as much as I, hmm?
G'Kar: Oh, yes, but… I would much rather see you dead.
Londo: Ah, I see. Well, here I am. Kill me, huh? Kill me!
G'Kar: But, you forget the terms of our surrender. The penalty for the killing of any Centauri by any Narn will be the death of five hundred Narns, including the perpatrator's own family! But I don't have to kill you. I don't have to do anything. And I still get to watch you die. I find this most appealing.

------------------
Hello, I am a signature virus. Add me to the bottom of your sig and help me take over the world!

There are a lot of great moments in B5. Certainly, the moment we find out the truth about Sinclair/Valen is one of my favourites. Here are a few others of mine.

Revelations. Delenn walks into the B5 Council Chamber, and we see her new appearance for the first time. I don't think anyone was expecting her to look as she did.
In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum. Delenn and Kosh tell Sheridan about the Shadows. Suddenly the carpet is pulled out from under his feet, he realises just how high the stakes really are, and nothing will ever be the same again.
Severed Dreams. The moment of truth is at hand, and Sheridan must the decsion to secede from the Earth Alliance.
AtonementWe learn just what Delenn did in the Earth Minbari War.
Moments of Transition. Neroon.s death. There were strong indications that he had changed from the angry Warrior he had been in the first season - but was anyone expecting exactly what did happen.
Summoning Sheridan's Return. I couldn't really describe G'Kar being tortured as a great moment, but it certainly is an extremely powerful one.

Point of No ReturnNightwatch is tricked, and ends up locked-up in the docking bay.

------------------

favourite moments, well there are a hell of alot but there are three that stand out in my mind:
firstly Delenn coming in to save the day with Minbari war cruisers! kick @%s.
secondly, I can't remember which episode it was but it definitely involved a confrontation with the shadows and G'kar changes his mind and puts the last Narn Heavy cruiser at risk to help sheridan (the G'qon if I'm not much mistaken)
Thirdly, and yes everybody is welcome to laugh but it's when Delenn and Sheridan finally openly declare their feelings. Blah blah call me a softy but it's one of the few romances on tv that hasn't turned cheesy!
laugh.gif

------------------

I'm a newbie to this board so hello all, it is really hard to pick just one moment but a few of my favorites are when Marcus and Franklin go to mars and play “I spy” that scene just makes me laugh every time.
laugh.gif
Also the scene on Mars where Bester has just left Michael in the train and Michael realizes what he has done – that “no” just carried so much emotion.

------------------

the elevator scene... it's funny in most shows it's a common ploy to get people stuck together in a small place to work out their problems.

where marcus fights neroon

where londo walks to his corination alone

and where sheridan in sleeping in light says "oh look at that, the sun is coming up." i don't know i just like it

------------------

There's thousands, but I can definately say my favorite dialogue exchange was in Season 3 when Londo and G'Kar got stuck together in a damaged elevator. G'Kar couldn't stop laughing with joy because he was going to get to watch Londo die, but did not have to murder him (as the consequence for a Narn killing a centauri was the execution of 200 Narns).
Londo was getting desperate, yelling "HELLO!... CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!"
and G'Kar, still chuckling uncontrollably, raises his hand and says "I hear you"

------------------

Back