• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No, no, no!

channe

Regular
"Rangers" is getting re-played on the Sci-Fi Channel on September 11th (yeah, great timing, Sci-Fi.) But, anyway, this is the logline on the official site:

"This SCI FI PICTURES original telefilm continues the outer-space saga of the series Babylon 5. This time out, the legendary Ranger fleet sets out to restore order to hundreds of civilizations devastated by the deadly, long-term conflict known as the Shadow War. Dylan Neal and series regular Andreas Katsulas star."

Yeah. Yeah, we wish.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by channe: </font color>
"Rangers" is getting re-played on the Sci-Fi Channel on September 11th (yeah, great timing, Sci-Fi.)

[/quote]
Well, people MAY be looking for non-September 11th stuff to watch. I know I don't plan on watching any of the September 11th-related material. We've been saturated with this stuff for a year.

But, anyway, this is the logline on the official site:

"This SCI FI PICTURES original telefilm continues the outer-space saga of the series Babylon 5. This time out, the legendary Ranger fleet

[/quote]
"Legendary Ranger fleet" implies a lot of ships, a big display. What did we get? Two ships of unknown abilities, and the bigger, badder one was blown away in a few seconds. The ad. implies a <font color="red">BANG</font color>, and we got a <font color="gray">whimper</font color>. For this to have had any appeal, it would have to have been followed up immediately by a first episode.

...sets out to restore order to hundreds of civilizations devastated by the deadly, long-term conflict known as the Shadow War. Dylan Neal and series regular Andreas Katsulas star."

[/quote]
A good description of a series, but not of the pilot that they're showing. Who writes this stuff? /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

That logline was definitely indicative of a series. It doesn't describe the movie at all - and that, for me, was part of the dissappointment. We didn't see big fleets. We didn't see that BANG. We didn't even see, in "Schlock Mercenary" terminology, an OMINOUS HUMMMMMMM. Yeah, there was some delectable foreshadowing, but where was the promised restoration of order to hundreds of civilizations?

How hard would it have been to change the logline to something representative of the actual show? Any of my co-workers could do it in a jiffy, just on a synopsis...

...well, anyway. I'll write my own BANG. Redux, here I come.

I know I will be watching there is going to be 9/11 stuff all day and Rangers is a sure fire bet to see something different on tv there has been enough already related to the tragedy .

How hard would it have been to change the logline to something representative of the actual show?

[/quote]
Evidently more effort than they were willing to put forth. Wouldn't want them to strain a brain cell now would we? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Unless... that's what JMS originally wrote as an exemplification of the pilot episode. If so, horrors! (Say it ain't so! Say it was meant for the entire series!)

Well, people MAY be looking for non-September 11th stuff to watch.

[/quote]
I know I will. Enough is too much already, and it is still the 10th (in my time zone, anyway).

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by RW7427: </font color>
Maybe Scifi is just torturing us.

[/quote]

Maybe????? No, they're definitely torturing us. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I quit watching them when they declined to pick up Rangers, anyway. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Giant worms. Yawn.

Dreams. Yawn.

Quantum Leap. ONLY if it's not lame. And it will, of course, be lame.

Everyone should just go read Redux.

Yeah, that was pretty shameless on my part... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Channe wrote: "Everyone should just go read Redux.

Yeah, that was pretty shameless on my part... <<

Nope! Just a good way to get good reviews. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Crusade would be great, I would read that in a heartbeat /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Speaking of Crusade, I have 2 friends who are really looking forward to Crusade after this current run of B5 is over. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Crusade (I feel) had so much potential, it just blew away all other space exploration shows on T.V. with just 13 episodes.

Cerberus

Which is why I'm leery about doing Crusade.

I can do Rangers, because I can do whatever I'd like with characters who were only sketched out.

At the end of 13 episodes of Crusade - can I really do any better than JMS in portraying Eilerson?

Anybody want me to try? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Channe wrote: "Anybody want me to try?"

Sure. Give it a try. As they say, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Yea, Max was awesome. Very hard to improve on that, still any well written story with these characters would awful fun to read. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Cerberus

Latest posts

Members online

Back