• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

favourite line?

Tonygers

What's your favourite line from the babylon 5 shows?

one of mine is Sheridans "If your falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly." [image]http://www.babylon5art.0catch.com/sher3.htm[/image]

Marcus: The Minbari have a saying. "Claim victory and your heart and the world will follow" [or something like that]
Ivanova: Claim victory in your heart and up your...

And this is my all-time favorite. No question. I've actually used it on people.

Ivanova: Your diligence is to be commended. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of fifteen things, all of them annoying.

"You can't turn away from death simply because your afraid of what might happen without you. Thats not enough! Your not embracing life, your fleeing death! And so you are caught in between, unable to go forward or backward. Your friends need you when you are no longer afraid. When you know who you are, why you are and what you want. When you are no longer looking for reasons to live, but can simply be." - Lorien in "Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi"

"A bitch like you would know about breeding..." - Timov in "Soul Mates" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

"What's he hiding, Vir? Tell me. I won't bite, Vir."
"With all due respect, Madam, that's not what I have heard."

"Everyone always coming to Zathras with problems. Great responsibilities. But Zathras does not mind. Zathras trained in crisis management."

I don't know if anyone else here has found out and posted it, I don't have the time to check all the appropriate threads. JMS mentioned that there is a B5 quote book coming out very soon. I beleive it's also going to be an anecdote book as well, at least that was what I heard from someone else. Much applause and hooting from the crowd.

I read the same thing, and might have posted a website, I don't remember (and I have terrible luck with the search engine here for some reason). But it was a post about the authors looking for people who had interesting stories about how B5 has changed/improved their lives. Like the story of the (woman I think?) who taped all of G'Kar's inpirational lines for her brother (I think?) who was in the last stages of terminal cancer.

There is a thread about "Is JMS a millionaire?". I certainly hope so. IMHO.

Some of these might be paraphraed - don't have the actual quotes ...

My three favorite would have to be:

Delenn: "Why not? Only one Human captain has survived battle against a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Za'thras: "No! Cannont run out of time. Time is infinate. You are finate. Za'thras is finate. This ... is wrong tool. No, no, never use this."

Londo: "Speaking of your associates ... stand very still." followed by "We'll have to have that painted over." and lastly "On any other day, you would be wrong ... but today ... today is a very special day indeed."

Yup those by Delenn and Zathras have GOT to be the best.

I might add:

"Our thoughts form the universe, they always matter."
G'Kar, The Hour of the Wolf

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Sheridan, The Long Night

"No regrets then?"

"A few. But just a few. You?"

"Oh, enough to fill a lifetime. So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what, I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible inbetween. But there is still time to cease that one last fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference, as you say. And I intend to do just that."

Centauri Emperor and Sheridan, The Coming of Shadows

and of coarse
"What do you want?"
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Morden and Vir, In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum

and

"There, you see! I'm going to live."
"So it would seem. Well, it's an imperfect universe."
"Bastard."
"Monster."
"Fanatic."
"Murderer."
"You are insane!"
"And that is why we'll win."
"Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they say. Will be an *easy* assignment. Ah, I hate my life."
"So do I."
"Shut up!"
Londo and G'Kar, Convictions

and last but not least "JUMP!!! JUMP NOW!!!" Always chilling and exciting at the same time.

Ah, I do so love posting this scene even if it does take up too much space.

[G'Kar turns a corner walking toward a transport tube. He sees a human and Londo also waiting. He scowls and stops to consider going back, but he decides to wait alongside the human and Mollari.]
Londo: Ambassador.
G'Kar: Ambassador.
[Several seconds pass]
Londo: I hear there is a famine on your world's southern frontier...my condolences.
G'Kar: You should have thought of that before you stripped mined our resources.
Londo: So it is all our fault, yes?
G'Kar: Precisely.
Londo: Though I have noticed you have continued to exploit your world's resources in order to build the mighty NARN WAR MACHINE!
G'Kar: We have to protect ourselves!
Londo: By doing to yourselves as you say we did to you? Ah, that's evolution for you!
G'Kar: Now see here!
Londo: Take the famine for the blessing that it is, Ambassador. A...weeding out of the excess population.
G'Kar: One more comment like that Mollari and you will become PART of the excess population!
Londo: FAH threats!
G'Kar: Yes, threats!
[At this time the transport tube opens, and the human frightened between the two dashes inside it.]
Londo: Now you can go to Hell!
G'Kar: And you can kiss my pouch you...you...
[The transport tube door closes.]
Londo and G'Kar: Now look what you made me do!
[They both hurry off in seperate directions.]

-"Signs and Portents", Season One

I agree with Loadhan on the Delenn quote, but I like the whole thing:

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, or be destroyed.
Earthforce Fleet Captain: Negative, we have jurisdiction here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
Delenn: Why not? Only one Human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, YOU are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

I also loved the closing credits spoken by Ivanova from "Sleeping in Light":

Babylon 5 was last of the Babylon stations. They would never be another. It changed the future and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future or others will do it for us. It should us that we have to care for one other, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely of places. Mostly, though I think it gave us hope that there can always be new begins, even for people like us. As for Delenn, every morning for as long she lived, Delenn got up before dawn and watched the sun came up.

Ahhhh, I forgot about In the Light's closing with Ivanova.
Yes that is the best, I in my opinion. No doubt here.
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Morden, yup that is the other top exchange between Gkar and Londo. Actually at least 75% of their conversations are all pure gold. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I have so many that I can't name them all, but this is one that always seems to come to mind first:

Sheridan to Bester: "And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra."

I have the 'I'm in the middle of fifteen things, all of them annoying' on my answering machine. I have also used Londo's, "What do you want you moon faced assassin of joy?"
A couple of all time favorites of speeches would be the closing from Sleeping In LIght of course, but also, G'kar's Declaration of Principles. I've paraphrased it without the reference to the different races and put it up on my wall.
The other would be the exchange between Sheridan and Ivanova dealing with the reporter,
"Commander, I am shocked. Shocked and dismayed. You know how limited our resources are lately. You should have said 'Stripped naked and then thrown out the airlock.' I hope this clears up any confusion on her part." The smile on his face and Ivanova's supposed contrite look just has me rolling every time!
There are so many great lines over the course of the five years, and some of it is JMS funneling other's words through his characters. I don't mind a bit really, I would never have known the poignancy of Tennyson's words had it not been for Sinclairs obsession.
As for G'kar quotes:
"If I were married to Londo Mollari, I'd be concerned."
Mariel: "G'kar, if you were married to Londo, we'd all be concerned."
Oh yes, and my all time favorite from Ivanova:
"Worst case of testosterone poisoning I've ever seen."
Okay, that does it for now. Bet you can't just take one!

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Ha ha ha ha ha! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
I forget about the Londo "moonface assasin" quote, that one has me in stitches every time.

It's certainly one of my favourite Funny lines from the show, and anything from Zathras.

A Kosh favorite;
'It's too late for the pebbles to vote. Tha avalanche has already begun...'
At least that's how i remember it:D

Another good Kosh quote from early on in the series (like the first episode or so)

Kosh: "They are a dying people, we should let them pass"
Sinclair: "Who? The Narn or the Centauri?"
Kosh: "Yes."

"Who am I? I'm Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I'm death incarnate and the last living thing that you're ever going to see. God sent me."
- Ivanova in Between The Darkness and The Light

and

"Mollari .. understand .. that I can never forgive your people for what they did to my world. My people can never forgive your people. But I .. can forgive .. you."
- G'Kar in The Fall Of Centauri Prime

and

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."
- G'Kar (again) in The Long, Twilight Struggle

and

"Toast. To absent friends, .. in memory still bright."
- Sheridan in Sleeping In Light

and, finally

"Now, listen to me. I do not like insects. I do not like little brown things with eight legs. I do not like anything with eight legs. Well, except for the Vinzini, but only because they are terrible at cards. Something to do with compound eyes, I think. I want this thing dead!"
- Londo in Sic Transit Vir

My favorite Kosh quote has to be part of a conversation with Sheriden ....

*Paraphrased*
Sheriden: You come and go so often and inside that encounter suit ... how do we know you're the same person?

Kosh: I have always been here.

Sheriden: I hate it when you say things like that.

Kosh: Good.

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Back