• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

How are you paying for the site, these days? It is very enjoyable visiting a board that doesn't push ads.

With all this mobile talk, I'm starting to think I'm the only one left that still uses a desktop to access message boards.

I work sooooo much that I don't get time to even power up and shutdown my laptop PC. My only day off is Tuesday, and most times I have to work at least part of it, too, and I work on-call. My last three calls to work were ASAP calls. I had to do use the laptop PC on Tuesday Oct. 12 to pay the credit card bills. The battery was dead. It was the first time I'd turned it on in 2 monrhs! Last time, I'd paid the whole balance on both cards, so nothing was due last month.

That's why I'm using my smartphone to type my posts. I can leave for work almost instantly, and the phone is always with me.

Would it be too soon (and in bad taste) to start a NO BYRON petition for the new series?

This is what JMS wrote when asked for something to be includede in the series. Probably asking him to not include something would get a similar answer:

The creative process is not a lego set...I go where each story takes me, I don't decide ahead of time what components to plug into which gears.

:p

This is what JMS wrote when asked for something to be includede in the series. Probably asking him to not include something would get a similar answer:

The creative process is not a lego set...I go where each story takes me, I don't decide ahead of time what components to plug into which gears.

Does that imply that the bee B5 is not going to be as pre-planned as the original B5? More a BSG style of “kind a sort a knowing how to end, but how we get there is anyone’s guess”?

What I wonder is how much of the original story lines make it to the reboot. Could this reboot for instance skip the shadow war, but go straight to the civil war leading into the telepath war? The telepath war might be easier for the audience to relate to, with the privacy concerns and deep-fakes that are a growing concern in real life.

Would it be too soon (and in bad taste) to start a NO BYRON petition for the new series?

He doesn't have to be written the same way. On the face of it, an embittered, rogue Psi Cop trying to save his people sounds like an interesting character.

That long? But then, I've been gone some of that time myself.

But that's about a third of my life -- and yet I remember Joe. Strange, how time passes... and yet doesn't pass altogether.

Agreed that on paper Byron was a great idea that could have set things up nicely, but in practice didn't quite work as well as he could have. I don't think we were meant to fall in love with Byron, but I think we were meant to sympathize with him more than most people do. I think the plot is brilliant with regards to how it worked with Lyta. Lyta's arc is one of my favorite of the series. I REALLY didn't like how she handled things at the end, but that is also what makes her arc so great and also so tragic. She shouldn't have felt the way she felt because she should have been treated better than she was treated. It is also tragic because it was basically left open ended and we knew there was supposed to be more to come. (Is that the twentieth time I have explained that opinion.) :guffaw:

And as far as old names stopping by for a visit, what is going on?! I thought I successfully scared everyone away!!!!!! :wtf: :devil:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Looney, I have been posting with Crazybillyo in the Babbleon forum for the last 20 years. After doing that no one here can scare me away. :LOL:

Agreed that on paper Byron was a great idea that could have set things up nicely, but in practice didn't quite work as well as he could have. I don't think we were meant to fall in love with Byron, but I think we were meant to sympathize with him more than most people do. I think the plot is brilliant with regards to how it worked with Lyta. Lyta's arc is one of my favorite of the series. I REALLY didn't like how she handled things at the end, but that is also what makes her arc so great and also so tragic. She shouldn't have felt the way she felt because she should have been treated better than she was treated. It is also tragic because it was basically left open ended and we knew there was supposed to be more to come. (Is that the twentieth time I have explained that opinion.) :guffaw:

Remember that the rumour was that there were two projects in the works – the reboot is obviously one, but there was also the animated project - if that goes ahead then that could be the perfect opportunity to tie up Lyta's story!

Looney, I have been posting with Crazybillyo in the Babbleon forum for the last 20 years. After doing that no one here can scare me away. :LOL:

Yeah even I avoid that thread and I am loony. .... I mean Looney. :guffaw:

Remember that the rumour was that there were two projects in the works – the reboot is obviously one, but there was also the animated project - if that goes ahead then that could be the perfect opportunity to tie up Lyta's story!

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOPE THIS HAPPENS!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOPE THIS HAPPENS!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that the animation project hasn't been confirmed. It's based on what a fan was told after some former crew people had a discussion with JMS. Possible 'game or telephone' or possibly perfectly accurate. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Back