• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

X-Men: First Class trailer

This movie looks cool but I'm still ticked off at all the X-Men movies... They killed Cyclops & the Wolverine movie was horrible.

Damn, I was ready to quit the X-Men movies and forget the last two happened. That looks seriously impressive. Though what's Havok doing in this one, isn't he younger than Cyclops?

I've always thought that Cyclops was the first recruite to join up... but I guess they've already messed with the story enough that it doesn't matter.

When Patrick Stewart left the cast, my interest became minimal.

I saw the Wolverine movie. I changed the channel, so I didn't find it too captivating, either.

Of all the comic book adaptations done in recent years, it had some very good potenital, in terms of storylines. It's too bad.

I lost interest after the low point of 3. That was just awful. They killed characters randomly and not for any reason of furthering the plot. The whole Professor X thing annoyed me. Okay so he's a telepath and can project his astral self all over the shop... but surely that ability is anchored to his genetic mutant ability. Once the body is gone, the ability is gone, once the ability is gone he can't use it and is effectively and really dead. So the whole "I've transferred my body into a coma patient" troubled me... especially as even if he could implant himself like that into someone else... there's no guarantee that he could retain his telepathy because that person would not share the same genetic ability.

I had more problems with III than Wolverine's origin tale... but the latter didn't pick things up for me. It also suffered from the fact I watched Star Trek about an hour afterwards at the same cinema... and holding the two up together just showed how weak it was in comparison.

I lost interest after the low point of 3. That was just awful. They killed characters randomly and not for any reason of furthering the plot. The whole Professor X thing annoyed me. Okay so he's a telepath and can project his astral self all over the shop... but surely that ability is anchored to his genetic mutant ability. Once the body is gone, the ability is gone, once the ability is gone he can't use it and is effectively and really dead. So the whole "I've transferred my body into a coma patient" troubled me... especially as even if he could implant himself like that into someone else... there's no guarantee that he could retain his telepathy because that person would not share the same genetic ability.

In terms of a powerful telepath installing their mind in another person's body, they've done it in the comics before. The Ultimate X-Men version of Psylocke transfered her consciousness into a comatose asian chick when her own body was killed in the line of defeating some villain, for example. But from a logical standpoint, you are quite right that it would seem impossible given one's mutant powers being derived from one's genetics. But X-Men stories have always played rediculously loose with the rules when it came to telepathy, or any other power for that matter.

I too wasn't impressed with the third film. I understand why they killed Cyclops -- the actor decided to join the director of the first two X-Men films on the Superman movie that came out around the same time. But plotwise, it still felt stupid. But then, it shouldn't bother me much because they always treated Cyclops in the films like he wasn't important anyway.

I never bothered to watch the Wolverine film because I honestly felt like the three X-Men films were already Wolverine films. Having Wolverine assume the place of leader of the X-Men in the third film just really seemed a violation of the whole idea of his character. I've never even slightly been a Wolverine fan back during the years I read the comics, and I've never been able to understand the weird obsession with him a lot of X-Men fans seem to have. So, the overuse and overexposure of his character bugs me.

Looking at the cast/character list for this First Class film, I can't say I have any interest in this film either.

Last edited:
Back