• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'Lost': Born to Run (Spoilers)

Sinclair

\'Lost\': Born to Run (Spoilers)

A very good episode. People are finally starting to talk to each other.

For some reason I thought Shannon was the one that put that stuff in Mike's water. I think it was just the way she looked after Sawyer's confrontation with Kate and Michael.

Walt's weirdness happens again. I wonder how he senses that the hatch shouldn't be open. I think it's funny how Jack agreed with Locke that it should be opened.

Now we know just what the plane of Kate's represented. I had a feeling it belonged to someone close to her. At the end of the last Kate episode I thought that it might have belonged to the bank teller and that maybe she'd killed him or something.

Re: \'Lost\': Nowhere to Run (Spoilers)

Eh. I could have basically boiled the episode down to three moments of interest: Walt's warning, Sayid, Locke and Jack at the hatch, and Walt's confession to his father. None of them, notice, involve Kate. I find I really don't care much about her character, and as nice as it was to see Mackenzie Astin again, her backstory does nothing for me.

Hopefully next week will be better.

To be honest, I'm getting a little annoyed with Lost, it's like X-Files, adding mystery after mystery with no clear forward movement or sense of cohesion.

I forgot to mention how funny Charlie's song was: 'The monster ate the pilot!" :LOL:

Sinclair, it's actually titled, Born to Run. Also, the reason you knew it was someone close to her, was because she said it belonged to the man she loved, that she killed (In episode titled Whatever the Case May Be).

Walt was especially creepy. I didn't think too much about it during the previews, but the way it played out was creepy. Walt just touched Locke's hand, bolted up, and begged for Locke not to open it. So, apparently Walt had a telepathic jolt when he touched Locke's hand (That scene's going to be hard to explain as not being telepathic if they decide to explain it away as normal in the future, since everything is supposed to have a normal, scientific or Psuedo-scientific explanation, regardless how supernatural they make it appear at first)

I enjoyed it. Boy, that Kate sure was a piece of work in the real world, wasn't she? She was obviously already on the run at the beginning of the episode, (Con Artist it appears) and what was with a trunk full of different license plates? In whatever the Case may be flashback at the bank, she gave herself a different name, and she used another one last night (other than her apparently real name Kate/Katherine), and yet even one more name attributed to her, because on the island she burned the photo off a passport that had the name Barbara Miller, and Sawyer said she was stealing Joanna's passport, and therefore her identity.

Several people had predicted Sun might be the poisoner (Locke and Walt were the other two suspects, I suspected Walt personally) to try and keep Jin from leaving the island, but, I don't recall anyone predicting that Kate would give her the idea/ put her up to it. So, Kate was responsible, even though she didn't do it herself, she manipulated Sun into doing it for her.

Next week looks like the floodgates are going to open. Danielle returns with a warning that "they're coming". "Who?" "The Others. You have 3 choices, Run, Hide, or Die"

To me, what was more ominous than Walt telling Loche that he shouldn't open the hatch, was Walt telling Michael that "Well, I didn't want to get off the island" Michael saying "Its OK, you and I don't have to go" then Walt replying "Yes, we do."

That was far creepier to me.

Sinclair, it's actually titled, Born to Run.

Oops! Thanks for the correction!

Also, the reason you knew it was someone close to her, was because she said it belonged to the man she loved, that she killed (In episode titled Whatever the Case May Be).

That episode was so far back I don't really even remember that.

To me, what was more ominous than Walt telling Loche that he shouldn't open the hatch, was Walt telling Michael that "Well, I didn't want to get off the island" Michael saying "Its OK, you and I don't have to go" then Walt replying "Yes, we do."

That was far creepier to me.

Yeah, that was pretty creepy.

Finally next week, ALL THE MYSTERIES WILL BE REVEALED!

Yeah right.

How about that promo: Can Mira Furlan grab your attention or what?

Yeah, except I thought she'd say, "A thousand years ago, the others walked this world ..." or some other highly Delenn-esque speech.

Well, I had a flashback to something David Martell said when the advert showed Mira's Lost character saying the three things. In my mind I heard David saying, "There are only three options: run, hide, or fight."

I've got the end of next week's episode all figured out.

Last scene, hatch opens to a black screen, end of season. That would fit right in with how things have been going.

Second season starts with them sitting around a campfire saying "whoa, what was that?"

Yeah, except I thought she'd say, "A thousand years ago, the others walked this world ..." or some other highly Delenn-esque speech.

Uh-oh, better grab a chair. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back