• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 - Season 6 [spoilers]

My god was that bad. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.

We have an evil vice president, advocating hawkish policies and having a problem with the president's morals.

Morris' brother is in hospital, dying, from the nuke. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. Milo tells Chloe about this, but asks her not to tell Morris .. er .. how stupid are we to believe he is?

But yo and behold, Morris' brother isn't in hospital, it was all just a ploy to get Morris out of CTU, to kidnap him, and it's him in the file we saw being decrypted throughout the episode, and Morris is the world's leading nuclear bomb scientist all of the sudden. Sweet.

And Jack's dad is EVIL. EVIL EVIL EVIL. Evil enough to kill Graem .. yet he did not manage to kill Jack, when all was perfectly set up? Right.

Oh well .. it gave us the chance to have Jack yell DAMMIT at someone being killed, and for Bill to tell Jack that this and that is our only lead.

I'm glad I was not playing the 24 drinking game during this episode. This must be the single worst 24 episode, ever.

All I have to say to that is ... Teri's amnesia.

But that was just one suck. This was a multitude of sucks that simply went beyond comprehension.

Though the amnesia, among other things, makes me inable to say the show has jumbed the shark - it jumped the shark in season 1 already, and did again every subsequent season, really.

As for the last two episodes: If you liked Magic Marwan .. you'll love The Fabulous Fayed :D

Oh, just for GKE, the skinny:

* the British bad guy's babe blasts him, while he's taking Morris to Fayed, after Morris gave her the "millions of lives are depending on you" talk .. and proceeds to take Morris there on her own, to take the money all by herself.

* the terrorists kill the babe and torture Morris with a drill (my sister will LOVE this episode) .. and get him to build the magic nuke arming device.

* CTU figures out where the terrorists are, surround the house, seal all exits, and storm it. Fayed gets out, and is in a helicopter that noone can trace 2 seconds later.

* Jack disarms a nuke.

* Someone in Wayne Palmer's administration is plotting to kill him to get someone "stronger" - the evil vice president who's all for hawkish policies - in charge, after Wayne rejected Tom's internment camp plan. Tom is in the process of joining their ring.

* It turns out the evil Russian general is working with the terrorists .. and that Jack's evil father has had contact with him. And that Jack's sister-in-law knows where he is. Jack's evil father takes the sister-in-law's son hostage, and so forces her to take Jack and a CTU team - including Milo (office work at CTU isn't too safe either, it seems) - to the wrong location, where there's an ambush.

* tick, tock, tick, tock.

Hey look, I don't mind spoilers ... I am voluntarily reading a spoiler thread after all ... but a tick by tick recap of an episode is getting a bit much. Especially when the Fox Episode Guide does exactly that, and lets you skim through the whole of each hour long episode in just a couple of minutes.

Well, I did try to stick to only the potentially outrageous bits - to show GKE what he's missing - or, alternatively, to show why he stopped watching. Or both. :p

OMFG

Just watched this on TiVo. The 24 cliche's live on...

Fayed is pulling Marwon's (from Season 4).

Explain this to me. CTU has a building surrounded. Finds the room Fayed is in. Is mere SECONDS from getting him in the room. Fayed walks out, Jack saves Morris just in time. SOMEHOW they don't find Fayed anywhere in the building.

Also, Fayed gets out with the building surrounded! How you ask? Well, it seems he got out by helicopter. Yep, thats right. CTU somehow missed spotting a HELICOPTER landing on the roof. Probably the only helicopter in the sky given the earlier nuclear blast and grounding of aircraft. How did they not see it and shoot it down?

Worse...how does he get away? They managed to track that dude's car just fine via satellite earlier. Can't track a chopper? Ever heard of radar? Again, only helicopter in the air right now. Probably not hard to find. "Sir, we have a single blip on the screen. Its the only blip in the entire state of California. Think that might be them? Or should I just ignore it. Probably a flock of seagulls. Its that time of year"

Jeez.....

I especially loved how they were utterly resolved to not get the helicopter (which was not on the buidling, but at a nearbear field that the Fabulous Fayed had a tunnel to) - do terrorists have helicopters with warp drive or something?

This make two miracle escapes for Fayed (after escaping from the nuke) .. with the amounts of time he has left, he can still beat Marwan.

So, what's new this week?

Logan is back! And Jack must work with him to get the evil Russian general.

Tom was trying to save Wayne, and got clobbered and his access card stolen - seem familiar?

And Jack's dad is just after saving his country. And doesn't seem to notice that leaving himself witness to government agents not in his custody, might not work too well for his company - I guess he has not heard that witnesses count as evidence in court?

Well .. not that Jack told anyone off-site about what was going on.

Oh, and Jack's dad is a patriot. He is doing it all in the good of the country. :LOL:

Ya know....yea. I kind of have. After this episode, I really found myself saying "I think its time to delete this from my Season Pass."

Pretty much everything going on, I just don't give a shit about. The Morris/Alcoholism thing. DONT CARE. Office drama at CTU? DONT CARE. Even a lot of the 24ish cliches are getting worse this season.

They really have forgotten what made this show so great its first 3 Seasons, and are at this point, trying too hard.

Its just not a gripping show anymore.

Who else is out?

I'm still in, but I have a feeling that is as much to do with its timing here in the UK (Sunday evening @ 9pm - kids in bed, just chilling out at the end of the weekend) as it is with the show itself. I am sure it used to tax my brain more than it does these days. My biggest disappointment, though, has been the total waste of the opportunities afforded by the endings to the last two seasons.

Whatever else may wrong with the show, having Jack fake his own death and disappear was a great setup, as was having him handed over to the Chinese in retribution for the very thing that made him fake his death in the first place. Unfortunately, within the first hour of the following season he was back on home turf, working with CTU and the status quo was thus restored. Shame.

Seems they are now talking of making a movie. If they don't plan to do that in real time, it finally removes the only thing that (in theory at least) sets 24 apart from any other action show. If they do, it is kind of hard to see what they might do in just 2 and a half hours.

Last edited:
What I'm mostly not sure about .. did they kill Dr. Bashir, or did they not? I think they did - under which condition this season has lost the only thing it in any way had.

Beat y'all to it :)

You should try to find this week's torture scene (Jack vs. the Russian consulate, Anatoly Markov - yes, he stormed a consulate. Again.) on YouTube though. I have a feeling it would be .. just your kind of thing. :eek:

Last edited:
My wife and I will probably keep watching ... it is becoming more of a guilty pleasure rather than a serious TV show these days, but I still like Jack as a character, along with Chloe (who definitely needs to get out more) and Buchanan.

Up to now, we have taken the view that S6 was walking a fine line that at some point would fork into either greatness or ridiculousness (is that even a word?). WIth the last couple of eps (being in the UK and therefore a couple behind you guys), it seems clear that it is the latter.

*Sigh*

Yes, I've given up, but yes, I'm still watching. Blame my wife.
We watch it and then I play back my freshly taped Heroes episode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back