• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Shadow War Question

Yeah, and the EA was in the process of exploring the Rim. Z'ha'dum is on the Rim, and I would suppose that the Rim isn't near Earth space. If it was, then we live in a rather small galaxy. ;)
I think "the rim" being explored is "the rim of known space" not necessarily "the rim of the galaxy," which is "the Rim" in the last few episodes. In other words, the term "the rim" probably has multiple meanings, like the term 'the frontier" does in our own histories.

Yes, but exactly what was "known space"? Had Earth or any of the other younger races ever explored beyond the galaxy?

Grumbler, you might be right, about two meanings for "rim," and certainly when the first ones said they were going beyond the rim, THEY meant beyond the rim of the galaxy.

RW, I don't recall any mention of non-first ones going beyond the rim of the galaxy, and intergalactic space is so vast, humans couldn't have gone out very far, in relative terms, and returned.

phoenixrising, I'm getting a Yahoo error message, not a map. :(

RW, I don't recall any mention of non-first ones going beyond the rim of the galaxy

Aside from Sheridan, of course, although some might argue he's not one of us anymore. He certainly didn't come back, though...

phoenixrising, I'm getting a Yahoo error message, not a map. :(
You gotta copy the link and paste it... geocities doesn't allow linking. ;)

*assorted Anglo-Saxon words of the four-letter variety* :mad:

If the damn web space hadn't been free with my Messenger, I probably would still be looking for space.

Hope you saw it. By any means possible.

RW, I don't recall any mention of non-first ones going beyond the rim of the galaxy, and intergalactic space is so vast, humans couldn't have gone out very far, in relative terms, and returned.
I think the issues would be twofold. First, navigation in hyperspace would be difficult as one moved away from all the known hyperspace beacons. Secondly, there ain't nothin' there that would interest human-type explorers! You'd have to go to another galaxy to find anything unless you just happened to have a technomage along with a magic rock and an ability to link his nav system to yours.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back