B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old May 25th 03, 16:01   #11
blibrandi
First One

Re: Vorlons and jamming Shadow vessels

Its possible that in the last war the Vorlon's themselves manned their ships. Vorlon's I think are known to be telepathic and therefore used their powers to stop Shadow Vessels. And because of B4 showing up with Valen in it they had a new base of operations and a new leader to lead them to victory against the Shadows.

Never really analyzed it myself but thats how I think of it.
blibrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 16:01   #12
blibrandi
First One

Its possible that in the last war the Vorlon's themselves manned their ships. Vorlon's I think are known to be telepathic and therefore used their powers to stop Shadow Vessels. And because of B4 showing up with Valen in it they had a new base of operations and a new leader to lead them to victory against the Shadows.

Never really analyzed it myself but thats how I think of it.
blibrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 17:07   #13
vacantlook

I've pretty much always thought that Vorlons were highly telepathic. Being so would enable them to know enough about mental abilities to appropriately manipulate the DNA of the younger races to bring out mental abilities. With Kosh showing up in Sheridan's dreams, in G'Kar's mind while he's under the influence of dust, and his becoming vastly exhausted after having appeared as a culturally specific being of light to the gathered races at the end of season two, I think there's enough evidence to say that Vorlons are at least somewhat telepathic.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 17:07   #14
vacantlook

I've pretty much always thought that Vorlons were highly telepathic. Being so would enable them to know enough about mental abilities to appropriately manipulate the DNA of the younger races to bring out mental abilities. With Kosh showing up in Sheridan's dreams, in G'Kar's mind while he's under the influence of dust, and his becoming vastly exhausted after having appeared as a culturally specific being of light to the gathered races at the end of season two, I think there's enough evidence to say that Vorlons are at least somewhat telepathic.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 20:06   #15
ElScorcho
Psi Cop

I'd say that having the ability to break off a piece of consciousness and put it in someone else's mind for a little while would suggest that they're telepaths.

ElScorcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 20:06   #16
ElScorcho
Psi Cop

I'd say that having the ability to break off a piece of consciousness and put it in someone else's mind for a little while would suggest that they're telepaths.

ElScorcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 21:42   #17
Strifeguard
Dead Account

Quote:
Not only that, but Kosh is repeatedly inside Sheridan's mind, even when there's no "line of sight" to Sheridan.

BTW I was always curious as to how/when Kosh put part of his conciousness into Sheridan. On the one hand, the encounter between them in the hallway seems obvious, but on the otherhand, we learn that a Vorlon must open its encouter suit to relinquish a piece of conciousness in a later episode. (Kosh II opens suit and "interfaces" with Lyta. I'm assuming this was the removing/giving a piece of consciousness, otherwise why would such an interface be necessary, why not simply read Lyta's mind?)
Strifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 21:42   #18
Strifeguard
Dead Account

Quote:
Not only that, but Kosh is repeatedly inside Sheridan's mind, even when there's no "line of sight" to Sheridan.

BTW I was always curious as to how/when Kosh put part of his conciousness into Sheridan. On the one hand, the encounter between them in the hallway seems obvious, but on the otherhand, we learn that a Vorlon must open its encouter suit to relinquish a piece of conciousness in a later episode. (Kosh II opens suit and "interfaces" with Lyta. I'm assuming this was the removing/giving a piece of consciousness, otherwise why would such an interface be necessary, why not simply read Lyta's mind?)
Strifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 22:12   #19
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
My question is this: since the telepaths weren't used by the Minbari in the last war, how precisely did the Minbari and their allies take down the Shadows back then?

Good question. It was not just a points victory, lots of Shadow ships had to be destroyed to prevent their use in the final Shadow War.

Delenn said something about the Shadows making a mistake and moving before they were fully ready last time. Also some if not all of the First Ones were telepathic.
A_M_Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th 03, 22:12   #20
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
My question is this: since the telepaths weren't used by the Minbari in the last war, how precisely did the Minbari and their allies take down the Shadows back then?

Good question. It was not just a points victory, lots of Shadow ships had to be destroyed to prevent their use in the final Shadow War.

Delenn said something about the Shadows making a mistake and moving before they were fully ready last time. Also some if not all of the First Ones were telepathic.
A_M_Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote