• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

i am complaining about sci fi uk !!!!!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

scifiwhite.gif

this is the scifi channel uk`s main logo !!!! its pathetic init ?

they havent still given us confirmation on wether they will show the legend of the rangers, allthough (i presume) their parent company scifi.com (usa) is making it !!! its ridicolous !!!!

check out their "website" http://uk.scifi.com

------------------
"Your patience is also a weapon, when used properly. We will arrive when we arrive and we will have the weapons we have. You can not win this war through force, you must .. understand your way out of this. Sheridan knows. What remains to be seen is whether he knows that he knows."
-- Lorien to Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Into the Fire"

------------------------visit my website - http://www.babylonfive.net

AFAIK Warner Bros own the rights to B5 and its spin offs, so whether or not Sci-fi USA is producing the show is largely irrelevant.

Hopefully we may see the Beeb picking it up, having lost Enterprise to Channel 4
smile.gif

------------------
'I MA DARKE AND MYZSTERIOUS LIEK JaY C DENTAN!!1!' - Corn Hat
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>AFAIK Warner Bros own the rights to B5 and its spin offs, so whether or not Sci-fi USA is producing the show is largely irrelevant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. Sci-Fi isn't producing the movie, they merely commissioned it and will be airing it. Warner Bros. is producing the film and will own it, along with all other things B5. This is the standard arrangement for most dramas and comedies produced in the U.S. The network buys a license to broadcast the show in the domestic market. The studio is free to license the property in other countries and to other media as it sees fit.

Even if this weren't true, and Sci-Fi (U.S.) had some kind of owernship interest in Rangers or control over its distribution, this still wouldn't affect what Sic-Fi U.K. does. USA Networks sold the U.K. version of the Sci-Fi Channel to a British group over a year ago, and the two networks are no longer affiliated in any way.

Chances are somebody is waiting to see how the film does over here before making any decisions about overseas airings. Either the foreign buyers want to see the ratings for this unproven concept, or Warner Bros. is hoping for a hit and figures it can get a better deal elsewhere once they have the ratings in hand.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Crusade was shown in the UK by Sky One. They may also show B5LR. Particularly if Sci-Fi UK keeps getting ratings so small that newspapers are dropping it from their listings.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

SFC in the UK held the re-run rights for B5 long before they went there in the US. I think it was in 1998 that SFC UK began to strip B5 on a daily basis, whilst S5 was in first run on Channel 4.

C4 themselves did us a great disservice by showing Crusade at something like 2am on Monday morning. They were obviously peeved that Sky had beaten them to the first run rights. Interestingly, Sky has never repeated it !!

Thank goodness for WHV's decision to release the whole series on VHS.
smile.gif

Personally, I just hope someone picks up the B5LR TV Movie in the UK.

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

I have spoken to UK SCI FI, and they are indeed waiting to see how it fairs in the US.

As Joe D said, the US SCI FI Channel is not related to the UK one.

Also, I think their logo is irrelevant.
laugh.gif

I would move this topic to a more relevant forum, but I'm not quite sure what it's relevant to. Also your questions have been answered, so I'll just close it.

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

Back