• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB 50th Aniversary $50 DVD rebate

Jade Jaguar

Regular
Right now, WB is offering rebates of $10 to $50, for buying 2-6 DVD boxed sets, including ALL B5 sets. So long as you still have the proof-of-purchase tabs from your already purchased sets, you just need to buy a set with the coupon in it to get the rebates! I think this is just for the US. Info, including a list of eligible sets, is available at www.wbtvondvd.com. I just bought Kung Fu, the second season, and will go together with a friend who has bought all the B5 sets, to get a $50 rebate. For any Kung Fu fans, I would point out that WB finally showed some sense - the 1st season was released in "wide screen," even though that meant cropping the top and bottom off the original broadcasts. For the 2nd season, they released it in the original aspect ratio.

Gee, I tell the US people how they can literally get Crusade, or the movie box, for free, if they've bought five other B5 sets, and no one replies? Oh, well...

Don't be offended JJ - simple enough concept explained very well by your good self. No real reason to reply I wouldn't have thought.

Unfortunately, being in the UK, looks like another good deal I will miss out on!

:rolleyes:

For any Kung Fu fans, I would point out that WB finally showed some sense - the 1st season was released in "wide screen," even though that meant cropping the top and bottom off the original broadcasts. For the 2nd season, they released it in the original aspect ratio.

:LOL:

That's so stupid it's funny. I can even see the logic...

Exec 1 - "widescreen sells more, because its authentic for the fans right?"

Exec 2-"Uh hu"

Exec 1- " but this original ain't in widescreen"

Exec 2-"Uh hu"

Exec 1-"So lets cut the top and bottom off, that'll make it seem widescreen!! Much more authentic than that original format"

Exec 2-"Ah-ha!! Bingo, its in the bag! Now lets' go nail our p.a.'s in the corporate suite..."

Yeah, that WS edition was pretty stupid. I posted about it when a friend of mine bought them, and brought them over to my house for us to watch. He took them back, so I never got to see all of them. When I saw the 2nd season set clearly marked as being in the original TV format, I bought them, and figured that for those thick headed execs to change, they must have gotten plenty of negative feedback! I supose it is just possible that the pilot, which was a movie, WAS shot in a wider format, but, it was clear that on that one too, they cropped the TV aspect ratio version. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't be offended JJ - simple enough concept explained very well by your good self. No real reason to reply I wouldn't have thought.

Unfortunately, being in the UK, looks like another good deal I will miss out on!

:rolleyes:

Not really offended, I was just hoping to hear squeals of delight from a few people who realized that they could now afford another B5 boxed set. :D

No squeals here......i completed my B5 set with the purchase of Seasons 4 and 5 during December of last year.......if anything I should think you would be hearing the Gnashing of teeth due to the time constraints of the offer.........but there are still 2 or three on the list I may yet be able to grab in the near future......I don't have Season 2 of Kung Fu yet........and I'm still waitng for the release of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.....which may never happen, due to the camp rating many people give it.

Night Court is also a lock, but I'm just not sure whether it will be sooner or later......

Having all of the B5 sets already, you just have to buy one new set, with the offer, and use the proofs-of-purchase of it, and the sets you already have, to get the full $50 rebate, thus more than paying for the new set you buy.

Gee, I tell the US people how they can literally get Crusade, or the movie box, for free, if they've bought five other B5 sets, and no one replies? Oh, well...

I tried getting in (to the link you posted) the day of your post, and couldn't. One time it almost worked, but died, and the rest of the times I got that it couldn't display the page. WB's site might have been having problems that day.

I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger since then.

Want to use my existing B5 purchases (S1 thru S5, Movie Collection, and Crusade) to buy a different set.

I viewed it within 24 hours of your first post Jade, and it came up in PDF format just fine for me. But now, that link goes to a generic page for WB TV on DVD, and the link they provide for the rebate does not give the details anymore, just a hook. Do you have another location where the details were displayed.....I would have sworn I saved the page, but may only have bookmarked it.

My original link just went to the wbdvdontv main page, I think. I have to access it on IE, not Netscape. On the main page, there is an icon for the pdf which lists the eligible titles. I don't remember if there was more than that earlier, but I thought there was a bit more info. The trick is, you have to buy a set that has a sticker on its shrink wrap, that advertises the offer. This set will have the little info pamphlet inside, with the rebate form, and that is the only place that it is available, and copies aren't allowed. So, you may have to buy a set locally, so you can see that the offer is included, or, you might call your online source, and ask if they have sets with the pamphlet.. I bought my Kung Fu set at Sam's Club, for $27. I think that the wbtvondvd was the only webaddress listed in the pamphlet.

Yes. Thank you, that helps. I am, I'm afraid, rather remote from any of the good shopping choices, but there is a Fred Meyers in my college town ........whooo hoooo........ and I'll have to see if they are not so "old stock" that I could manage to find a Kung Fu II with the new wrapper......I don't trust my Amazon/Buy.com to work out properly....though I may have to roll those dice if my local Freddies fails me, which is not, like, out of the question. :rolleyes:

I went to Best Buy today to check out Crusade or the movie set on DVD but didn't find a sticker or anything. Is it only available through certain channels/vendors/whatever? When does it expire?

I couldn't find the copy of Kung Fu S2 today, but there was a fresh copy of Dukes of Hazzard (not nearly on my short list) that had the sticker on the lower left corner. But it just a surface sticker and as I believe JJ mentiond, the good info seems to be inside the case.

Gee, guys, I've been busy lately, and just checked this thread. I don't have the form, from inside the package with me, but will try and remember to have it when next I go online, this Saturday, so I can say when it ends.

I've checked 5 stores so far, each with either the B5 Movie Collection or Crusade, and none of them have the rebates in them. I also checked other sets, B5 and other general WB titles, and none of them had it either.

So where exactly are these things supposed to be?

Gee, guys, I've been busy lately, and just checked this thread. I don't have the form, from inside the package with me, but will try and remember to have it when next I go online, this Saturday, so I can say when it ends.

That'd sure be nice. I have found a bunch of Kung Fu season 2's at my local store, but I am really not financially sound enough to make the 30 dollar purchase if I can't get credit for the ones I have purchase far previous. It would bring the price of the KF2 down to 25 dollars, what I would call a steal for a full season of such an important show......but one needs money in order to spend money........ :D

And CBO, I would suggest looking on packages of seasons that were release closer to the start of this year, as they are almost guarenteed to have the sticker on them. I have so far seen it on Kung Fu season 2's and Dukes of Hazzard season 2's.

I've checked 5 stores so far, each with either the B5 Movie Collection or Crusade, and none of them have the rebates in them. I also checked other sets, B5 and other general WB titles, and none of them had it either.

So where exactly are these things supposed to be?

Go to http://www.amazon.com/ and look up the Crusade DVD Set. Then you'll see the following:

Special Offer: Get a $10-$50 rebate by mail when you buy this DVD and other TV sets from Warner. See offer details.

UNfortunately for me, the sets have to have been purchased between 01/01/2005 and 06/30/2006. Only my Crusade set falls in that range, and even if the others did as well, I have no idea where the receipts are. :(

Yeah, I know why they did that. Oh well....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back