• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favorite thread emails

Lyta

So, I wanted to add the "A rare treat" thread as a favorite so I could see it on MY HOME without having to dig through the posts in Babbleon. However, it emails me everytime someone posts a reply (mucho spam!) to that thread which defeats the whole purpose of adding it to MY HOME and reading it when I have time.

I went to the sub/unsub section of MY HOME and only found an option to get email notifications for private messages. I want notifications for PMs so it is turned on. Is that what controls the emails? If so, why isn't there a separate control for favorite thread notifications?

Help? :)

Yes, it irritated me as well that it was sent to Babbleon since only parts of it were babbleon-ish but that was LH's call to make.

Since I cannot have it marked as a favorite thread without being emailed every bloody time a person posts a repy, I am just going to stay away from it all together. If the board would just email me -once- that there are new replies until I have a chance to read it, I could have handled that.

It is too bad really. It was a good thread Sol.

Yeah, I have no idea how to mark something as a favourite without getting emails for replies either. I've never used the favourite thread option at all.

And we're all very sorry for having fun in that thread. Well, I am anyway.

Well, I hope Ant figures out how to fix it or at least make it less spammy. :) It is definitely a new "feature" of the new board. :p

There are a few threads that I like to keep track of in Babbleon (like Sassinations for instance) but since I don't check that forum everyday, I tend to forget about them if I don't make them a "Favorite".

Anyway, I better go check on that thread now that I am thinking about it. :D

PS: Why are you sorry for having fun?

Wow, I am normal? :p :LOL:

Babbleon isn't a bad place really but it does take a certain kind of person to really get into it. I personally find it way too time consuming. ;)

It *is* possible to just follow and partake in one or two threads in Babbleon. :D Several people do that, instead of participating in all threads.

Yes, I am sure it is. :p

I just don't like to wade through all the rest of the threads there to find the ones I am interested in. It was so much easier to mark them as "Favorite" and access them through "My Home". ;)

Like I said, it takes effort to read/participate in Babbleon which I don't always have time to do. :(

Yes, it is hard to -not- notice RW ... man of the infamous salad bar! I have never been to your salad bar but yet I know all about it. :p

Latest posts

Members online

Back