• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

must watch tv shows

ok so what's your top 5 tv shows you would recommend to others?

or more like what's your fav 5?

Currently in production or of all time?

Currently in Production:
The Big Bang Theory
Castle
Criminal Minds
The Mentalist
Supernatural

Not Currently in Production:
Babylon 5 (including Crusade)
Brimstone
Becker
The Honeymooners
The Twilight Zone (original and 1980s)

...and if I could have ten more:
The Tick (live action)
Keen Eddie
Wonderfalls
Reaper
Strange Luck
Cheers
Newhart
Boomtown
Peacemakers
The Class

Last edited:
Breaking Bad is simply an amazing dramatic series- one of those perfectly crafted, original, once-in-a-lifetime series, like The Wire or The Sopranos or B5.

1. farscape
2. monk
3. the mentalist
4. psych
5. stargate sg1

(i am going under the assumption that everyone would already have B5 on their list)

Current Shows:

1. Supernatural
2. Lost
3. House
4. True Blood

That's all I can honestly think of that I DVR or record to watch.

not including B5 it would be:

in no particular order;

1. the wire.
2. oz.
3. the shield.
4. allo allo
5. drop the dead donkey

the last two are some fine examples of the best of british comedy writing, allo allo being classically british (incredibly silly), and dtdd being brutally acidic.

1: Glee. More poignant for me as I have become involved with my high school alumni musical group and actually performing again(after 30+ years:wtf:) (paying gigs, though going to a charity in honor of our director:bolian:, we gave $1000 to our former high school's music program) This show IS gay friendly:devil: (GKE:cool:) And so has way cool music.;) I look forward to it's resurrection this spring, apparently after the "Final Four" (being held here.:cool:) High school music was a big part of my life, in High School. It's back again:devil: It's not "Fame" (the movie) but, IMHO it's fun.

2: Smallville. It really has gotten better. Sharper edges.And shadows.

3: Supernatural. Hopefully headed for an end, a damned good one.:devil:

4: CBS monday, especially Big Bang Theory, and 2 and 1/2 Men or any episode that "Barney" appears mostly nakid.;)

As my current avatar helps to indicate, I'm a huge fan of Avatar The Last Airbender and recommend it highly.

On tv...

1) V
2) 24 (Not back on yet.)
3) Vampire Diaries
4) Chuck
5) ???

All I'm watching now.

On tv...

1) V
2) 24 (Not back on yet.)
3) Vampire Diaries
4) Chuck
5) ???

All I'm watching now.

i wish i had said chuck, i think it's unique in the way it blends genres and speaks to its audience, it's probably my favourite current show.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back