• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Well Lost was finally good tonight. Of course, more interesting things to wonder about, but it was still a good episode.

I really don't get why Locke blew up the damn sub. He really could have just let Jack go and that would have been it. Doesn't make much sense to me...just a clever plot device to keep Jack around but to show how close he was to leaving.

And man, his dad is a real SOB.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. I always like Locke episodes. :)

I was a bit confused about the sub too because it seemed that Locke was aware that Ben was manipulating him but still did it anyway. I guess the reason he blew it up is because he doesn't want any connections to the outside world as it might mess up his connection with the island.

The question is ... how did Locke's dad get on the island and why is he a prisoner?

I also wondered if he has any link to Sawyer since they are both con men. Like could Locke's father have con'd Sawyer's mom?

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. I always like Locke episodes. :)

I also wondered if he has any link to Sawyer since they are both con men. Like could Locke's father have con'd Sawyer's mom?

Locke's father is almost certainly the original "Sawyer".

Is anyone else curious about "the box"? I've been thinking about "the box"", off and on, all day... :D Hey, I'm bored stiff! Next week I get to go back to work but for now this magic box thing is sustaining me!

Anway, if it does exist...it could answer a lot of questions.

What did Ben say? ...Whatever you can imagine or want is there when you open the box. He told Locke that his father came out of the box. If he was telling the truth and there is a very large box on that island, could he have also imagined or wished for.... a complete kitchen and all the amenities that make a house a home, food that isn't fish or wild boar, surgical equipment and supplies, guns, explosives...polars bears, a black stallion, a dearly departed father and brother, and all of the other unexplainable, impossible things that exist on that island?

Call me Alice...curiouser and curiouser!

Its probably not an actual box, but a space on the island where maybe thoughts manifest, sort of like a Star Trek TNG episode, where they get to the edge of the universe and whatever they thought of appeared (which was kind of borrowed from TOS now that I think about it, and that amusement park planet).

Anyway, you can never trust anything Ben says, but it would explain a lot of weird thing about the island. Lets face it, when people on the island have been having their "flashbacks" and "memories" of events earlier in their lives....a lot of the time you end up seeing something from those memories right afterward (the cat from Syiad's dream was the latest).

Not necessarily the ORIGINAL object, but perhaps somehow manifested by the island.

Ok, whew. I wasn't sure if it was already 'suggested' or if it is an obvious prediction. ;)

I could be wrong here .. but I think Tallahassee is one connection that has been given?

Locke's father is "The Man from Tallahassee" .. and Sawyer has mentioned that he's been to Tallahassee.

Lost being Lost, I wouldn't be surprised if that was where the con happened.

I didn't think of this connection till reading it here .. but yeah, it's pretty obvious. :D

Locke's motivation:

Desmond has travelled back in time, and sees flashes of the future, this causes him to keep preventing Chqarlie from dying.

Locke has had several hallucinations/dreams about the future (Boone falling off the cliff in the little plane before it happened, Boone as spirit guide taking him through the airport) Eko has had some of these dreams his brother Wemi at the top of that same cliff, and Eko falling off it. Charlie saw the need for Aaron to get baptized. Walt knew opening the Swan Hatch was gonna be bad news.

It seems everyone has some precognition, Desmond's happens to be the strongest or he understands their language the best. Perhaps Locke is finally beginning to understand the language, and Locke seeing these things he's blowing up (The Flame, the Sub), leading to disaster. Perhaps he saw bad news for Jack and/or Juliet if they rode out on the sub and he was protecting them by blowing it up, and of course going along with Ben's manipulation

I could be wrong here .. but I think Tallahassee is one connection that has been given?

Locke's father is "The Man from Tallahassee" .. and Sawyer has mentioned that he's been to Tallahassee.

Lost being Lost, I wouldn't be surprised if that was where the con happened.

I didn't think of this connection till reading it here .. but yeah, it's pretty obvious. :D

Ok THAT makes sense. The title of the episode was "The Man from Tallahassee" and I know Ben said "Go get the man from Tallahassee" to the one guy...but it was never clear to me what it meant, and if they titled the episode after it, it had to mean something.

So basically Ben was saying "Go get Locke's father" and yea, Tallahassee would be a good probably link to Sawyer.

Desmond has travelled back in time, and sees flashes of the future, this causes him to keep preventing Chqarlie from dying.

Something just occurred to me about Jack's flashback with Desmond at the beginning of last season. When Desmond talks to him he says "see you in another life time brother" (I love it how he calls everyone brother).

Now was that merely Desmond being unintentionally prophetic, or was that actually part of him being bounced around through his personal life after the hatch exploded? Did he actually recognise Jack from the island and say that out of a definite realisation they would meet again?

Something just occurred to me about Jack's flashback with Desmond at the beginning of last season. When Desmond talks to him he says "see you in another life time brother" (I love it how he calls everyone brother).

Now was that merely Desmond being unintentionally prophetic, or was that actually part of him being bounced around through his personal life after the hatch exploded? Did he actually recognise Jack from the island and say that out of a definite realisation they would meet again?

It's hard to say, but, I'm voting not. When Desmond saw jack on the island, he recognized him, but, didn't seem to expect him

It's hard to say, but, I'm voting not. When Desmond saw jack on the island, he recognized him, but, didn't seem to expect him

But that wouldn't be necessary for what I was saying.... because the time flashing doesn't occur to him until after the hatch explodes. It is only necessary that Desmond recognises him in the past before he meets him on the island... that would be the clincher. He should have been able to do that based on his interactions with Jack from the day the hatch was opened (albeit one episode), and the time Jack was present after the second arrival of Desmond on his boat.

But that wouldn't be necessary for what I was saying.... because the time flashing doesn't occur to him until after the hatch explodes. It is only necessary that Desmond recognises him in the past before he meets him on the island... that would be the clincher. He should have been able to do that based on his interactions with Jack from the day the hatch was opened (albeit one episode), and the time Jack was present after the second arrival of Desmond on his boat.

So, you're saying Desmond made a second trip back through time and would've recognized jack at the stadium, and then not expected to see him on the island?

The trip back in time we saw Desmond take, was several years before Desmond met Jack at the stadium, wo would have to be a different trip then we saw him take.

I see what you are saying, but I got the impression that in some ways it's fluid. We didn't see him take trips into the future but clearly he's been there, in order for him to observe the events he sets out to prevent.

I see what you are saying, but I got the impression that in some ways it's fluid. We didn't see him take trips into the future but clearly he's been there, in order for him to observe the events he sets out to prevent.

True. I guess my view though, is that he didnt' see these things until after the Swan imploded. So, therefore, it's island Desmond, who knows things if he goes back, and knows things on the island. but, pre-island Desmond, only knows things when it's Island desmond travelling back.

(Or I could be way off)

I can't quite decide .. have the fans owned the producers, or have the producers owned the fans? :p

Was this why they introduced Paolo and Nikki - which would make all the fan freak-out look a bit silly :D .. or did they bow to the fan pressure?

Either way, I did get a kick out of their pain. :D

What fan freak-out are you taking about regarding those two?

I liked the episode this week. Was cool little story, twisted, a bit dark in the end, plus it was cool seeing Shannon, Boone, and even Artz again. Took things back full circle to the crash which was cool.

Back