• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'King Kong' trailer

Re: \'King Kong\' trailer

I don't doubt that a majority of the financing is starting out from one of the American studios.

Doing a quick check, I see that IMDb lists the production companies as being Big Ape (which looks to be a shell set up just for this movie), Universal (US), and WingNut (NZ). So it is a US/NZ co-production with the money coming from the two in unknown (from my personal POV) percentages.

However, the CGI is from WETA, which is *definitely* a NZ company.

Let's see .. American backing, Kiwi location, Kiwi Director.

It is both an American and a NZ production.

I don't doubt that a majority of the financing is starting out from one of the American studios.

Doing a quick check, I see that IMDb lists the production companies as being Big Ape (which looks to be a shell set up just for this movie), Universal (US), and WingNut (NZ). So it is a US/NZ co-production with the money coming from the two in unknown (from my personal POV) percentages.

IIRC, isn't Wingnut Peter Jackson's own production company?

IIRC, isn't Wingnut Peter Jackson's own production company?

Yes it is.

Back